JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

I haven't slept in 2 days because I've been putting the final touches on our show, Destination Beer. Take a look gang, its got beer, food and travel all wrapped up into 30 minutes of pure joy. I was the director of photography and finishing editor. Yee freakin haaaaaaa, so glad to have it done! Please watch it and share it if you like it. I'm going to bed then hitting the tunnel in the morning! Its not a picture and it hasn't been fun but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xNCoZmXM4M
something funny and unique

dorbie

Geek!

Reminds me that some 35 years ago, before we could afford a digital plotter, I made an interface to use an analog x-y pen recorder to draw crystallographic contour maps from the output of a PDP11.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Geek!

Reminds me that some 35 years ago, before we could afford a digital plotter, I made an interface to use an analog x-y pen recorder to draw crystallographic contour maps from the output of a PDP11.

That reminds me that back in the day I programmed a PDP 11 with a Tektronix 4010 vector display. I also manually digitized topo maps but we had large pen plotting tablets to do the job. You had to manually degauss them with a magnetic bar occasionally. Primitive stuff, and aging by the time I used it.

The real surprise with the Asteroids machine is it's not truly an analog vector display. It is quantized by the 10 bit DAC and if you look at the signal closely you find "pixels" or rather digital quantized discreet values in the deflection voltage signal.

If I knew what I was doing with this scope I'd have grounded the probes from the outset. Real electrical engineers are rolling their eyes at this stuff.

JohnnyMarko

Hey hey hey....the title of the thread says 'picture' ;)

OK, here's the audio circuit for the Asteroids ship fire "pew", (not fully working yet). Every sound effect in the game has a unique analog audio circuit, my board has a busted pew pew sound and it led me on an "adventure"...

That's 4 chips + other components and three different input voltages just for one sound effect. Its not even amplified:

Been working a lot. Cinematography UAS "drone" "pilot". Hiked up to the top of the First Flatiron in Boulder to get some stock.

Skype screen grabs from talking with the girlfriend while she is away at grad school for two years. She took the special needs cat and I keep the fighter jet cat.

-SPACE-

kallend

Not sure if this counts as "fun", and I didn't get a selfie...

But I had lunch today with a 4-Star General from the USAF.

Did he talk you into joining?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Not sure if this counts as "fun", and I didn't get a selfie...

HE should have tried talking the General into jumping out of a plane! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ryoder

***Not sure if this counts as "fun", and I didn't get a selfie...

He said I'm more suited to be a Navy Seal.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******Not sure if this counts as "fun", and I didn't get a selfie...

He said I'm more suited to be a Navy Seal.

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban