JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

AggieDave

***Good Lord,,how did you rupture your bicep ? Hell of a big gun,,,i'll bet ;)B|

Ruptured my bicep tackling a burglar. His shoulder hit the tendon that attaches my left bicep to the elbow just at the right spot at the right time. Felt a hard pop and my left arm went limp to my side. I knew the pain wouldn't hit for a little bit so after my partner ran up to help we got the turd in custody. Twelve days later I had surgery that gave me my first metal in a bone repair and here I am now 8weeks after the surgery still working to curl 2 pounds with out exceptional pain.

Ugh!:S
I would never have imagined you could rip tendon that way.
The injuries of that sort I've heard about were usually done while lifting insane weight.
Get well fast, and obey your Physical Terrorists.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Ugh!:S
I would never have imagined you could rip tendon that way.
The injuries of that sort I've heard about were usually done while lifting insane weight.
Get well fast, and obey your Physical Terrorists.

That is a typical way to have a bicep tear and when some of my friends heard about my injury they assumed I did it in the gym or at a competition. People who have an injury like this are typically over the age of 35, are strong and use steroids. Well I'm a shade under 35 (barely) and I do not use steroids.

May was a very bad month for me this year, besides the ruptured bicep a couple weeks before that my father passed away suddenly. For every swing low there is a swing up and for every bad day there is always a way to find success. The success is that my editor got the final edit of my novel back to me the second week of June, with the help of another (former) skydiver and fellow photographer we were able to shoot the very complicated cover photo and I got my novel out there for all the world to read. Being stuck at home and using voice-to-text software I was able to focus on really promoting my book, including finishing the website and a bunch of other PR stuff I needed to have ready for the book's launch. All that time also gave me the time to really get started on the follow up book in the series, which I should have out by the first of the year.

The only downside is that I wish Dad was alive to hold the finished book in his hands. My first major article with eight photos is being published by the end of the month for the October issue of a very well known photography publication and I wish he could have seen that too. Although he was very proud to know that both of those things were coming this year.

Regardless, with the horrible low of May the following months have been long and painful but the recovery process is moving along well and I've had some big successes in my post-skydiving adventures to really help temper it all.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3GL20M
http://www.winchesterundead.com
http://www.f8industries.net
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

aphid

When not hanging out at the DZ or riding my motorcycle, I fiddle around with my other hobby... this one from yesterday:

(May be mildly NSFW in some places)

Now *that* looks like a hobby I would enjoy!:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It has been a great summer

1st Picture- I got to take my wife and daughter to their first and what will probably be there only Motley Crue Concert

2nd-3rd Picture-Me and my daughter at the warped tour the day after the Motley show

4 Picture is the Pops Record from Sunday

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

AggieDave

Maxpedition bag over your shoulder?

yes :) carried my water and iPad(for the times I need reverse daycare)food iPhone battery back up chargers and all the swag my daughter got that she didn't want to put in her back pack . Oh and yes it's a satchel! LOL oh and damn good eye. Means you got one too :ph34r:

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I only made the one jump. Glad we floor it as the tandems started right back up after the head down record attempt. It's pretty sad I've made 56 jumps since I hit 1000 3 years ago :( not jumping at all for a year because of surgery hasn't helped. I am going to make a push this next spring and summer to get in shape to put in for the p3 camp. Pro rating and 100way and jumping with my kids are what's left on my skydiving bucket list. Daughter is 15 so pretty sure I'll be ok for her tandem not sure about the boy he is 8 unless we go to South Africa or Australia. The Wayne is growing through we might be able to fly in the tunnel together soon. Soon if he gets on his head and can fly in the fast wind :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

LOL oh and damn good eye. Means you got one too Sly

I have a few. I have one that I hang Lowepro lens cases off of and use for my "run-and-gun" photography bag (the Lowepro cases fit in the MOLLE webbing perfectly). I've been carrying another one for a few weeks since I haven't been able to load out my belt and pockets like I normally do due to my non-functional left arm. The large messenger bag is my gym bag. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

They are sweet :) what happened to your arm? Job related? I must have missed what happned. Oh and my wife teases me all the time..hoeny are you forgetting your purse....

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT