Skyrad

Aerodyne's Soft links

Just bought a new rig from Aerodyne Pilot, Smart and container. Have been told by a rigger to get rid of the Soft links and replace with PD SLINKS or Rapides. Does anyone know of a problem with Aerodynes soft links? (Feel free to pm as well).
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Slinks are nice and I have had one pair. But that said I have also (currently) jump different sets on my rigs. The main rig I have has a set of the "HiPer" links and I have been nothing but pleesed with them. I think Beezy Shaw was/is selling them in the classifieds for $15 a set.

Now I do have PD Reserve Slinks but I think they are the only soft links that you can use for a reserve. I dont think that Aerodyne has one for reserves but if they do and this is what the rigger is talking about I would give Aerodyne a call to find out...

As for Main soft links, the PD Slinks are nice but there are other options that are nice and work just fine as well. If the rigger is just saying that if its not PD Slinks its bad, he should look around at some other options and not be so negative or closed minded....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Thanks, actualy it is the reserve soft links. The rigger has a heap of experience and I trust her opinion, but I just wondered if anyone knew of any issues surrounding these links. As its on the reserve risers I guess thats her concern.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Just bought a new rig from Aerodyne Pilot, Smart and container. Have been told by a rigger to get rid of the Soft links and replace with PD SLINKS or Rapides. Does anyone know of a problem with Aerodynes soft links? (Feel free to pm as well).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's odd.

I recently packed a couple of Smart reserves with Aerodyne soft links.

Please ask your rigger to explain her logic on this forum.

Last time I checked, you could legally install: Aerodyne Soft Links, Precision Wrap-It Links and Performance Designs Slinks on reserves.

Since both Aerodyne and Precision TSOed thier soft links as separate components, you should legally be able to install them on any reserve that specifies links with a tensile strength of 3,000 pounds or more.

Performance Designs sells two versions of Slinks: main and reserve. Obviously only reserve Slinks should be installed on reserves.

Re-usable soft links for mains are also made by Parachutes de France and Flight Concepts (Cinch Links). Red Payne - at Flight Concepts - said that they had not certified their links for use reserve use and I doubt if Parachute de France has either.

Re-usable soft links have an excellent track record in the brutal main environment and I have not heard of any problems with reserve soft links.

Maillon Rapides are okay, but frankly, they are last week's technology, requiring twice as much labor to install, etc.

Thanks, I have learned something today about Reserve Soft Links. I did not know that there was another Reserve Soft Link Choice, TSO'ed as a component that can be put together mix and match (container and reserve). I knew/guessed it was comming but had not heard or honestly searched out if there were options available but now I know.....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

:)
Your rigger can NOT offer you PD SR-1 Slinks on the SMART Reserve it is NOT APPROVED by Arodayne the SMART Mfg. & not by PD the SR-1 Slinks Mfg.

Also for changing to Metal Links, the rigger should use links that has been approved by Arodayne, the rigger must use the Metal links supplied by Aerodayne.

Ask your rigger to read the PD SR-1 Installation Instructins: "Approved under T.S.O. C23d for use with PD Reserves:"

If you have an ICON h/c be adviced that the Reserve Soft Links metal Ring MUST be hand tacked
to the resrve risers in the way shows in the ICON manual. Same hand tacking for the MAIN Soft Links as well.

I would like to add some more information regarding the use of Soft Links on Reserves:

1. PD SR-1 Slinks are certify for PD Reserves & they
should NOT be used on other Mfg. Reserves.
Precision was the only Mfg. to approved the use of
PD SR-1 Slinks with the Raven/Dash M reserves BUT
it NEVER was approved by PD.

2. Aerodyne Soft Links P/N C148510000/ Technical P/N P1487-01 are approved only for the SMART Reserve & for the PISA TEMPO Reserve canopies.

3. The Soft Links Mfg. can NOT approved the Soft Links they Mfg. to be used with Reserves made by other Mfg.

Riggers, you CAN NOT use Soft Links from Aerodyne on PD reserves or PD SR-1 Slinks on the SMART or TEMPO reserves even if they are TSO'd as an separate component.

Same with RAPIDE LINKS you can not use PD #4 links
with a TEMPO or with reserves that has been TSO'd with #5 or #6 links.

Use ONLY items mfg. or approved by the Reserve canopy Mfg.

Safe Rigging.

Your rigger can NOT offer you PD SR-1 Slinks on the SMART Reserve it is NOT APPROVED by Arodayne the SMART Mfg. & not by PD the SR-1 Slinks Mfg.

Also for changing to Metal Links, the rigger should use links that has been approved by Arodayne, the rigger must use the Metal links supplied by Aerodayne.

Ask your rigger to read the PD SR-1 Installation Instructins: "Approved under T.S.O. C23d for use with PD Reserves:"

If you have an ICON h/c be adviced that the Reserve Soft Links metal Ring MUST be hand tacked
to the reserve risers in the way shows in the ICON manual. Same hand tacking for the MAIN Soft Links as well.

I would like to add some more information regarding the use of Soft Links on Reserves:

1. PD SR-1 Slinks are certify for PD Reserves & they
should NOT be used on other Mfg. Reserves.
Precision was the only Mfg. to approved the use of
PD SR-1 Slinks with the Raven/Dash M reserves BUT
it NEVER was approved by PD.

2. Aerodyne Soft Links P/N C148510000/ Technical P/N P1487-01 are approved only for the SMART Reserve & for the PISA TEMPO Reserve canopies.

3. The Soft Links Mfg. can NOT approved the Soft Links they Mfg. to be used with Reserves made by other Mfg.

Riggers, you CAN NOT use Soft Links from Aerodyne on PD reserves or PD SR-1 Slinks on the SMART or TEMPO reserves even if they are TSO'd as an separate component.

Same with RAPIDE LINKS you can not use PD #4 links
with a TEMPO or with reserves that has been TSO'd with #5 or #6 links.

Use ONLY items mfg. or approved by the Reserve canopy Mfg.

Safe Rigging.

I thought it was up to the assembling rigger to determine compatibility between components?

I have PD reserve slinks installed on my Tempo and I've yet to run into a rigger who has an issue packing my rig.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

PD SR-1 Slinks has NOT been approved by PISA
(Now Arodayne) for the TEMPO R.

The ONLY Soft Links approved by PISA/AERODAYNE
for the TEMPO R are the Aerodayne Soft Links with the P/N written in my post.

I can not tell riggers what to do but by the book
TEMPO with PD SR-1 Slinks is NOT an approved setting !!!

Safe Rigging !!!

I would think that the H/C mfg would have more of a right to say what links are OK, since the link must work with the riser configuration.

What book? Would the FAA care if Aerodyne's recommendation was not followed? I think it quite likely that the rigger has discretion here, at least as shown by FAA action/inaction.

I brought this up in a thread 2 years ago, to make sure of whether some riggers would have a problem with reserve slinks on a non-PD reserve. The answers from many riggers was not very certain, but most thought it would be OK.

Some compared it to a particular H/C that on a big label stated that only a certain square reserve could be packed within (reserve & H/C were same mfg - imagine that?)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The book is the canopy mfg. manual. The manual
can be changed ONLY by the MFG. & NOT by any rigger. If a rigger would like to make a change he should ask the MFG. or get approval from his national FAA/CAA.

The Mfg. Owers Manual is a part of the Canopy or H/C TSO approval.

The h/c mfg. has nothing to do with the RESERVE
Canopy Soft Links or links all the time the reserve risers are set for Rapide Links/ Soft Links.

I case that a h/c manual says: "Do not use Soft Links with this h/c" the rigger should follow the manual.

The Soft Links or Links are a PART of the RESERVE
CANOPY & come with the reserve canopy & not with the h/c.

Safe Rigging !!!

Some compared it to a particular H/C that on a big label stated that only a certain square reserve could be packed within (reserve & H/C were same mfg - imagine that?)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Or were you referring to the label in a Wonderhog/Vector that specifies using a Safety-Flyer reserve?
Hee! Hee!
Para-Flite probably dis-avowed Safety-Flyers two decades ago!