Kimblair13

New Kid

Hey y'all. New girl here, 18. Have 35 jumps now. Started as a packer in the Summer and got to jumping more recently (Using $ my Grandparents gave me for College :S. Pretty fun stuff, really expensive though. Just got myself some equipment...Quasar II, Sabre2 150, Tempo 120R...3 jumps on it so far...wicked fun!

Hmmm; let's see, skydive or go to college. Tough choice but one must set priorities and skydiving wins hands-down ;). But really, hope you are saving at least a little for college....

Welcome Kim.....

Hey y'all. New girl here, 18. Have 35 jumps now. Started as a packer in the Summer and got to jumping more recently (Using $ my Grandparents gave me for College :S. Pretty fun stuff, really expensive though. Just got myself some equipment...Quasar II, Sabre2 150, Tempo 120R...3 jumps on it so far...wicked fun!

Hope you have a great year, and many more!

Now there is an understatement!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Oh yeah for sure still going to college...University of Oregon...pay for that with money from the Guard and Academic scholarships. My parents would freak if I dropped out, so no worries.

Definitely stick with the college thing... and make sure it is in a discipline you can actually get a job in..... that way in the future.. you can actually afford to do whatever it is that your heart desires. Its a long life ahead.. so plan accordingly...

Inner self talking

( Sheesh listen to the bitch who didn't think she would live to 30 let alone into her fifties):)

don't worry, there is quite a few broke-ass college skydivers here too... [raises hand]
------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, that would be me also:|
Used to be numbers for it. pcss#26

Welcome

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Hey Kim,
Glad to welcome you to the family!!! Now that you have a rig THE MAJOR purchase is out of the way. I wish you thousands of great jumps and awesome late night DZ memories girl !!!!! How are jumping conditions in Oregon this time of year ?? Must be COLD about now??

Yeah pretty cold right now. last couple jumps from 5K were around 15 degrees. usually don't get snow here in Oregon...but this winter we've had our fair share...better than rain though.

15 DEGREES ??!!! At 15 degrees I think I'll drive SOUTH for a less PAINFUL jump. I now have about 700 jumps and I have not been in freefall below 30 degrees since around jump 50. Call my a cold weather wimp...but I love the sunshine!! So, what are you studying in school and what do you enjoy outside of the new skydiving world ??

Yeah 15 degrees...coldest I've gone is around 10 I think...felt bad for a friend going up to 10K for a tandem on that same jump...0 up there:S. School...I'm looking towards education or maybe forensic science. We'll see. Outside of skydiving I just like to relax. Into sports...volleyball and softball. Like to snowmobile and snowboard too. Skydiving definately tops all though.

Yeah 15 degrees...coldest I've gone is around 10 I think...felt bad for a friend going up to 10K for a tandem on that same jump...0 up there:S. School...I'm looking towards education or maybe forensic science. We'll see. Outside of skydiving I just like to relax. Into sports...volleyball and softball. Like to snowmobile and snowboard too. Skydiving definately tops all though.

I hear ya about the your friend feelin' the pain at 10k!! I feel bad for tandem jumps in such cold weather...they miss out on the comfort of a warm summer jump. Best wishes on the studies. Snowmobiles !!! "oh yeah!!! Snowboarding...I wish...I seem to bust my butt too much. Maybe I should give it a chance. Take care...later girl!!!!
Scotman

So Kimberley, 7 years later you're 25 and you have 6500 jumps did you manage to complete College :)
That's some serious "GO HARD" skydiving girl, well done B|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?