easyglider

Long time lurker

Hi, DZ.commers, I've been lurking for ages cos I only get a few minutes computer access twice a day at work. I didn't think it'd be right to post when I couldn't reply soon enough, but this forum gives me the opprtunity without wasting your valuable "work" time.

I've 17 jumps, mal-ed the last one (no arch, clipped the canopy as it opened, landed safely under reserve). Hope to start jumping again early next year.

That's all I've time to type now (suck, doesn't it). Check you again tomorrow guys and gals.

Speir gorm

Glad you finally decided to write, Mark. Why is your nickname Dizzy?

It's Dizzy cos I'm forgetful about most things names, faces, etc. except i can usually retain detailed information about any hobbies i've done or puzzles/riddles i've been given in the past.

Also it's more friendly than Bimbo lr Himbo :$

Speir Gorm mo chairdi

Just love how we can have "lurked" on here for quite some time, maybe even have a decent jump experience level too, and still be called a "NEWBIE". Then some "kid" who may have been only on here for a few weeks (with simply an astronomical "post-to-jump" ratio) is called an "OLD HAND"! ...Just seems a little "wierd" looking at sometimes. --Not "complaining" (before someone jumps on my case - I DO know how these boards "work"), in fact sometimes I just get quite a little chuckle out of it is all, when I look at some of the "stuff" (for lack of better word) dispensed by one of the "ENTHUSIASTS" or "OLD HANDS" (etc.), only to click on his/her profile to see they have maybe 23 jumps. Just plain "interesting" is all. :)
Welcome easyglider!

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Just love how we can have "lurked" on here for quite some time, maybe even have a decent jump experience level too, and still be called a "NEWBIE". Then some "kid" who may have been only on here for a few weeks (with simply an astronomical "post-to-jump" ratio) is called an "OLD HAND"!

Hell, I laugh at my own title every day! :P

This is a good point and also something everyone new to these boards should take into account. In general, check any advice you receive on Internet message boards or anywhere else with your instructors and people who know and understand your skydiving skill levels before you try to apply it.

And like Grant pointed out, remember that some of the Pooh-Bahs on this board will be more Pooh than Bah when it comes to skydiving advice! ;)

Welcome to Dropzone.com Mark.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

It's funny being a newbie! reply]

It's taking me some time to figure it out too. Don't you think, in a way it's better to be the new kid newbie) on the block? This way nobody will take us serious ;)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

No, the thread isn't too old to ask, but I'm not sure enough people will see it to answer your question. It might be worth a shot to go to the dropzone.com skydiver database, and do a search in there.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

And like Grant pointed out, remember that some of the Pooh-Bahs on this board will be more Pooh than Bah when it comes to skydiving advice!

I am definitely more Pooh than Bah at the present time. But I certainly don't dispense skydiving advice. I think HH makes a very good point though. However, I wouldn't want to discourage interested folks from participating in these forums. I have learned a lot from here both mechanically and psychologically. All this is going to help me when I pursue aff. There are a lot of really cool people who visit here regularly. Some have many jumps and some are in the curiousity stage. Ask questions, read threads, learn and have some laughs. Don't be afraid to make some friends, even if they have many more jumps than you. These people can be a great resource for you when you pursue the most exciting thing in your life.

Welcome Mark.

Hi,
I've lurking around too for some time. I've only done 2 tandem jumps - saving up to do the AFF in the spring. My Dad and I did our first tandems on the same day this August - I knew right away that this was something I had to do again. I can't wait to start the classes.;)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."