AndrewKarnowski

perrine likes base, not canoes

how many suicides happen at perrine? this is the second (non-base) dead body i've heard of this year.

summery: Canoeists were stunned when they saw a woman jump off the Perrine Bridge, her body landing near them in the Snake River. After paddling out to save her they arrived at the shore where a sargeant gave them an $85 fine for not wearing life jackets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070502/ap_on_fe_st/good_samaritans_cited

her body landing near them in the Snake River.

I would've thought it wasn't a body until the landing.

even if your alive, you still have a body
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

Ahhhh, another parasitic Dick with a Badge. Just remember. No good deed goes un-punished.
edit to add:
Were there any statements from the eye-witnesses in the canoes ? If she had any decent body form or Arch in free fall. Or did she just Flail all the way-in ?
Goes to show ya, A Decent ground crew would at least got some Video.

suicide there is somewhat common, never surprised when i hear about another one

On that subject Ray, the body position thing. Every year at the GoFast Games, the bridge folks tell us about any suicides that might have happened that year, and I always think that that is way too tall of a bridge if I was gonna do that. Too much time to kick and flail and maybe change your mind even. 10 or 12 seconds to impact, yeeesh!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

i was told they usualy dont take the best exit. a lot farther up north on the bridge. plenty of altitude to bounce and scatter down non-verticle cliff wall.

Whatta fucking douche bag pig.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

Are you referring to Andrew or the stupid bitch that killed herself...either way, neither are pigs!!! Andrew you getting porked with the boys from the cincy crew this year at BD? LOL!

K

Suicides are extremely common at the Perrine. They are just reporting it a lot more lately. Not really sure why. They used to have an agreement in the local news channels to not report any suicides from the bridge. When I worked at a local radio station we got a suicide report almost monthly.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

Are you referring to Andrew or the stupid bitch that killed herself...either way, neither are pigs!!! Andrew you getting porked with the boys from the cincy crew this year at BD? LOL!

K

Uhhhh, I think he is referring to the cop!!?
SabreDave

TWIN FALLS — Two canoeists who were given $85 tickets for not carrying life jackets as they recovered a suicide victim’s body Sunday from the Snake River have had their citations dismissed.
The Twin Falls County prosecutor declined to file cases Wednesday against Dennis Bohrn and Michael Futrell, both of whom were cited for failing to carry a personal flotation device.

When Bohrn, his girlfriend, Futrell and Futrell’s wife arrived at the shore with the woman’s body, Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Sgt. Daron Brown looked inside their canoes, did not see life jackets and issued two citations — one for each canoe.

“My husband, who is the one that held the girl until we could make it to shore and was affected the most by all of this, they didn’t show much compassion toward him,” said Amber Futrell. “He just seemed very callous toward the situation. At the time, you don’t think about any of this stuff because you are going through such a traumatic event.”

Amber said she appreciated the gesture by the prosecutor’s office.

“The fact that they did recognize it was a traumatic event and they are making a special contribution in that way is nice,” Amber said. “As much as we can, we would like to put it behind us — although we probably never will — and focus on what’s important to us. To be grateful for what we have.”

Brown did not immediately ticket the group, wrote Nancy Howell, Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman, in a Wednesday evening press release. First, Brown asked them if they were carrying life jackets, to which they answered, "no."

Leaving the body behind at the shore with emergency responders, the canoeists headed to the Centennial Park boat dock to load their canoes.

While they loaded their canoes, Brown asked them to come to his patrol boat after they finished.

”We didn’t get the tickets right then and there,“ Michael Futrell said. ”(Brown) said, ’Under normal circumstances I would not give you a ticket here.’ "

Brown felt compelled to cite them because a woman was present whom he had recently cited for not carrying a life vest, Michael Futrell said.

”I felt that they did do it exactly right,“ he said. ”Yeah, it was kind of a bad deal. But the sheriff’s department got kind of a bad rap. But after hearing (deputies may give warnings), that situation down there should have been a verbal warning.“

But Brown could have acted more draconian than he did, according to Howell.

”A total of three citations per boat could have been issued for safety violations, but due to the circumstances he only issued one,“ Howell wrote.

Howell declined to further comment about the additional infractions for which the group could have been cited.

Following the prosecutor’s decision, Magistrate Roger Harris dismissed the two cases without prejudice.

”(Brown) has dragged a lot of people without life vests out of the river,“ said Twin Falls County Prosecuting Attorney Grant Loebs. ”His citation was a legal citation. With regard to when he gave it, these people were trying to help out, and, given what they were trying to do and given the situation they were in, Ithink they get the picture and that justice is served by giving them a warning in this case.“

Andrew you getting porked with the boys from the cincy crew this year at BD? LOL!

If they would pork me, I would be the happiest little boy alive. :)

Is that the best you could do?
Have you had any experience with suicide?
Don't you think that you should show some respect?

Obviously someone was desperate and in a lot of pain,
your comment is callous and uncaring, shame on you.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I'm very sorry if it came across as callous. I've had two friends commit suicide and feel them to be callous to those that they have left behind by taking things to that point. They both had a lot of us that loved them and they could have talked to, they had resources available and made such a selfish choice.

I'm sorry, but I feel more for the poor people that were there to witness it.

K

Most people dont have a clue how many "stupid bitches" and boys are exist....the don't know how hard the live from a lot of people is and how black the sun can be.
[:/]

If i read the statistic a few years ago...i realized in which times we live, espc. i understood most of this suicides are not necessery, if we care us more to other human beeings.

Edit: most cases of suicide came from depression, if you understand the natur of this sickness, you can understand why people dont react logic, while she have this illness.

I'm sorry, but I feel more for the poor people that were there to witness it.

Thats an admirable statement...but
Calling a person who thought the only way to finally figure the problems they had by throwing themselves off a high bridge to their death...a 'stupid bitch'
is disrespectful.....especially when you dont have the details of what lead them to that exit point.

We have a good leveller question in the medical profession that helps you reevalute the 'routine' decisions you get used to making , that helps restore some balance.
"that person .... imagine that was my sister/mother/relative etc....would I do the same thing..?"

How would you feel about a stranger , with no knowledge of her circumstances and pain calling your mother/sister/close relative a 'stupid bitch' in these circumstances......?

......thought so

...made such a selfish choice.

Isn't it equally selfish of you to expect another person to continue living for your sake?

At least those that commit suicide act on their own. Those that judge, act on others.

Especially from BASE jumpers I expect some level of understanding for a person's right to choose life. I don't recommend suicide, but at least I'll respect it.

...made such a selfish choice.

When someone's depressed and their brain chemicals are out of whack, their logic can go out the window in a heartbeat. I think that under the right set of circumstances, anyone could be driven to that point.
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

OK, to tell you the truth I kinda like that pic. Those Fucking douche bag LE are at least using there Dogs on some chicken shit Hippies & ignorant students that are protesting in the streets. Fuck those protestors. If those loosers would get a fucking job and work for a living. They would have no time to wear tie-dyed tee-shirts, beat drums and chant there communists dribble. ...;)

Also, wtf is up with this shit ? You guys just latch on to a little comment like ..." Stupid Bitch that killed herself." and turn it into some fucking, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson crusade. WTF, if Specialkaye wants to call someone that has never met or ever seen a stupid bitch for jumping off the Twin bridge without a parachute and ending her life. So fucking what. When the hell did you guys get all 'over Sensitive' tward the the suicide prone taking the fucking leep ?

Since I learned to see further than "self".
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

It's funny how I'm the horrible person for being "callous" to someone that has made such a permanent choice. Yes, I believe in choice! But, I've been that poor person that had to deal with the aftermath and find a dead body...the dead body of a lifelong friend. At that time we had been friends since we were 5 years old and she was 22 when she committed suicide. She never spoke to any of us or made any attempt to get any assistance.

I'd have to say that no one deserves to deal with suicide on such a personal, up close basis. It leaves a mark on those of us left behind and they have dealt with their pain by quitting. Quitting life, quitting the pain, quitting.

BTW, we all go through rough times at some point in time. We deal with the rough times and move on.

Kaye