inzite

What's wrong with this picture?

The thread title says it all. Now, who can be the first to spot what's wrong with this picture? ;)

The colour of the getaway car is to bright and it also looks kinda slow to me... :P

Am I right???

www.vandrunen.ch

Besides the chest strap, where are the risers since the container is open?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

The wrong thing is that he, apparently, lived. Anyone capable of something that stupid doesn't deserve to survive that.:P (But maybe once.)

Is it an unpacked jump? If so, since the body is less likely to be in a chest down position on inflation, having an unthreaded chest strap should in theory be more survivable? Not recommending it though!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Besides the chest strap, where are the risers since the container is open?

T.A.R.D. Look at the lines still in front of him.

That's probably why he got away with it since he was in a standing position.

What's really wrong with the picture is the jumper isn't centered in the frame.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Looks like the lines are all twisted up like he did a T.A.R.D. that way on purpose but that is all I can say. If they were all twisted up, that probably wouldn't be a smart thing to do unless you like flying into steel.....

"The colour of the getaway car is to bright"

"What's really wrong with the picture is the jumper isn't centered in the frame. "

Comments like these are what keep me coming back to this place. Now that's fucking funny!

The thread title says it all. Now, who can be the first to spot what's wrong with this picture? ;)

Ummmm.... It is posted by someone with one jump and no clue according to his profile? Ok, what do I win?
take care,
space

That is one hella long chest-strap, eh? My guess would be innappropriate shutter-speed??:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

It might be a strap from a stash bag that snaked its way out of the backpad pouch.

NickD :)BASE 194

He forgot to tuck a dreadlock in while doing a tandem TARD with a child. You can see an arm of the passenger behind the dreadlock and a foot between his legs at sort of crotch level.
Always tuck your dreadlocks in when doing a tandem TARD.
More seriously though, it looks a bit long to be a chest strap and I would be more inclined to speculate that it has something to do with the stash bag. Could have been more convenient to climb the object or at least get to the exit with the harness on and the canopy in the stash bag on the front.
Bah! it's all just speculation. If I was that jumper and had forgotten the chest strap I wouldn't want anybody to know so we'll probably never know...
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

hmm... the guy in the yellow car is parked with your girlfriend inside? :P:)
Gabe

Nah, that's actually the girlfriend's mother. :S

The girlfriend stays locked at home in the dungeon. B|

Geez, where do I start.

- Framing of subject matter leaves a bit to be desired.
- The clarity and detail of the subject matter AND foreground / background is poor. Can I suggest a higher quality lens f4.5 is cheap (I should know :P).
- Exposure is a bit high on the background building below. Too bright.
- People love to see people. Especially their faces when they are shitting themselves. A detailed face shot purveys emotions that the viewer can either symphasize/associate/alienate/ etc with. Perhaps the subject matter / talent / stunt double should put the rig on backwards and look up at the photographer next time.
- Chicks look better in photo's than guys. Maybe a black and white nude next time with some soft focus spotlighting on particular areas????
- And the big one, whoever put that big sign right in the middle of the frame, it is distracting to the viewer. Not only that, it is downright dangerous and unsafe for the jumper. Can you imagine if his chest strap got caught on that on the way down. I understand the important of going for th money shot, but at the cost of someone's life????
- etc.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Oops. Just read the rest of the thread. Someone beat me to the punch . . .line . . . .. :$

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

- Chicks look better in photo's than guys. Maybe a black and white nude next time with some soft focus spotlighting on particular areas????
- etc.

Will this suffice?

Will this suffice?

there was nothing BASE related in that photo!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Wonderful effort. Now you're exhibiting some creative flair. An existential hurdy gurdy spinning around in the minds of those that see the underlying themes buried deep within the grains and brushstrokes of the original masterpiece.
. . . . .

I'm putting my safety hat back on.

There may be some serious issues with over rotation on exits there!!!!!!

Now, good launch, punch your chest out to the horizon (don't poke anyone in the eye - or rather punch them in the face), and for God's sake DO NOT LOOK DOWN. Your body tends to follow where your head looks.

I guess she lent her rig to the person actually making the jump. You know, the one with the long chest strap.

:P

- - -

Enough of this banter. Get back to those objects!!!!