lifewithoutanet

Go, Gary Go...

I hope he makes it. 120 jumps, even with the elevator, would have to be extremely tiring.

BTW, the BD Video footage of you and Russ and Tom is awesome. I'm glad they put both jumps in there. Some wuffo friends of mine didn't believe me when I got back and told them. But now I got it on video to back me up. B|

Happy New Years Dude.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

...BD Video footage of you and Russ and Tom is awesome...

The 3 way footage was mislabelled on the BD DVD. The 3 way jumpers were Mark Krasinski, Russel and myself. Collin did the 2 way with Russel, and was supposed to do the 3 way, but we ran out of time and he had to work the exit point.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

***The 3 way jumpers were Mark Krasinski, Russel and myself.

Thanks for the clarification Tom. BTW was that a "catch and release"?

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Very nice BASE slacks and shoes that strapping young man on the left is wearing.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Ya I always liked Gary. He is a stand-up guy. I don't think this could be a Gary Vs Miles thing. Gary mentioned doing this a few months earlier but Miles just beat him to it. I have to agree with statements made in the past. When you use Packers it is not a Solo record event anymore. It is a team Record effort. They both did and are using the Packer thing. Also this is a unique thing. a Record BASE event. Not a Pure at heart thing like just out for BASE jumps with your buddies. Gary will do 120 jumps EASY and in very relaxed manor with a team of packers. I am convinced that Gary could even do More if all the elements of weather and mechanics are working and fall in his favor. 120 is a safe and conservative number. Gary is Quiet but he is driven and is Solid in experience so maybe it will be more than 120 jumps formally stated.
Miles record is Highly Credible with 50 and hiking but I maybe Gary is just saying F##k it and setting this Record BASE # stuff at a extremely high bar for anyone in the future to even attempt to break without some real work.
The statement made in article. The real danger is mental. With this many jumps in 24 hours. If he starts to get lazy with the repetitiveness of one jump after another and they all start to run together in his brain. The injury chance is increased. I have jumped the Menara KL on 4 separate occasions. It's Fun but there is nothing ordinary or cushy about that LZ. It's all concrete and asphalt at different levels of height with trees and light poles to boot but the night time jumps should be well lit though.

More or less, yes.

If a little less then what would you have done differently to make it a little more?

At some point I have to see the BD '05 DVD. Anyone know, can you still order them?

Maybe I should just check out the Triax website huh?

I don't think this could be a Gary Vs Miles thing. Gary mentioned doing this a few months earlier...

I believe Gary has been planning this for almost a year. I know for certain that he had already set up this event before he learned of Miles plans.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Miles' hiking out

Miles' jumps don't necessarily impress me. It's the fact that he climbed out of that valley 57 times which is impressive. I think the most times I've climbed out of there in one day was five times and that was plenty for this ole camper. 57 climbs ... now that's impressive.

Good Luck to Gary. Let's hope his openings are on heading and that his landings are nice standups.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Miles had his record project idea planned for at least 3 years before he did it too. Well, not really planned but had the idea.
Way I see it these are two different record attempts. One is simply for the numbers and the other is an attempt to keep it somewhat related to real base jumping, by powering himself to the exit point. The third catagorie and the most respectable would be to pack and hike yourself to the exit point every time. I'm sure that if Guiness was involved they would recognise these three seperate catagories just like they do with all other sports. As far as whuffos go however its all about the numbers.

Let's not let this turn into a flame fest over Miles' hiking out vs. Gary taking the elevator.

Oh?? Why Not????

I think Gary is a lazy slob. Have you seen how he packs? He can't even take the time to do a proper pack job. Now he gets other people to pack for him too. Elevators should be banned in the record attempt fine print. Oh come on, any fat bald bastard could throw themselves off an overhung building if they had access to an elevator :P

Miles is way better at WWWHHHOOOOOO wwwwhhhhhhoooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg too. I don't hear Gary whoo whhhoiinng!

And where's the Green Cow super drink sponsor huh? It can't be a real record attempt without a drinks sponsor!!!!

To the packers, remember that I've got $1000 on a lineover. :ph34r:

Oh, by the way, I hope you guys remembered the straws, especially that one that is vertically challenged!!!! :D

Now, with the formalities out of the way, I would like to wish Gary all the best of luck with this attempt. I hope he achieves his target and I hope that all his packers are well trained and well behaved. Maintain your focus buddy - set an example for all to follow.

After all, he has to leave something challenging for me to beat!!!! ;)

To Miles, your record was a noble one too. It's all good.

p.s. to those that do not understand Aussie humour, you can't be helped!!!!!! :o
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Yeah, whats up with Stefan´s atire? Maybe he was trying to score points with the Maylaysian girls;)

One is simply for the numbers and the other is an attempt to keep it somewhat related to real base jumping...

I think they're both simply about the numbers.

If you want to keep it related to "real" BASE jumping, you'd have to define "real," and you could argue about that forever.

In my opinion, the only way to "limit" this kind of record would be to make a "class" where you did everything yourself, with only 1 rig, and only equipment you carried yourself. No packers, no elevator, no cars, no boats, no giant lights, etc, etc. You'd have to bring your packing tools, if you used them, and could stash them somewhere on route during the first lap.

If you're going to go for the "unlimited" kind of thing, I say get rid of all the restrictions. Use packers, elevators, winches, giant rings hooked to towers, or whatever else you please.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Any word on how this is going? I believe it's been going on for 11 hours and 29 minutes so far.

Miles did flips every single jump for 57 jumps... mostly doubles, a few singles and a ton of triples... almost entirely slider down.

his rotations completed would have been way more than 100... there was a guy recording all that info on all the jumps... can we get this info posted? Tal? Clif?

I'd like to read all the stats on Gary and Miles world record sessions.
the details were recorded of all of miles' jumps and even openings and there was only one jump where he earned himself a couple line twists after a triple gainer, other than that he just threw out on headers all day.

that one guy is totally right...nobody can Wooooo hooo like miles Daisher.

nobody can jump off of my bridge 57 times in a row doing slider down technical arials the whole time... he was doing Kiss Ass Blasters (twisting triple) after like 45 jumps. that is just unmatchable.

I am guessing that in 120 jumps this Gary guy is gonna have some pretty interesting stats as well.

any charities involved with this one?

Any word on how this is going? I believe it's been going on for 11 hours and 29 minutes so far.

I hammered out 60 jumps from midnight to 6am. Then we just took it easy relaxed for the rest of the day. I completed 120 jumps by 5:30pm. It is raining now but when it stops my packers and I will do a few more jumps tonight finishing with a nice NYE jump at the stroke of midnight as the clock ticks over to 2006. It has been a nice way to spend the last day of the year but it has also been hard work.

Happy New Year to all

Gary

I hammered out 60 jumps from midnight to 6am. Then we just took it easy relaxed for the rest of the day. I completed 120 jumps by 5:30pm. It is raining now but when it stops my packers and I will do a few more jumps tonight finishing with a nice NYE jump at the stroke of midnight as the clock ticks over to 2006. It has been a nice way to spend the last day of the year but it has also been hard work.

Sweet! Gary, you rule! :)
Happy New Year!

Yuri.

That's awesome. What was the final tally?

Nice work everyone.

Congratulations and happy new year!

How many do I have to beat??? :P
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.