kirrz

If there was no such thing as an illegal site...

...and BASE was completely supported & legal worldwide, where would be the ideal place to live?
Basically anything you see that you want to jump off, you can without any fear of authority whatsoever.

I just stepped into NYC and I can't believe the buildings that exist here.

The very fact that jumping buildings is in a grey area legally is a huge factor in their appeal. If everything was legal I'd live near cliffs, the other objects I'd travel for.

Oh wait, we can already do that... :)

I just stepped into NYC and I can't believe the buildings that exist here.

The landing areas can be a problem.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I wonder if the $350 fines for honking would be enforced when a BASE jumper lands in the middle of an intersection and delays a cab?

Nirvana is living in the Valley without the Tool breathing down your neck but I'd have to vote for Moab. It's like Yo on LSD!

I'd move to Paris and do BASE tandems for 421 (€) a crack with tourists from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"La première dame obtient un saut libre."

And write a book . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Taking into account landing areas, a place like Yosemite would be the most desirable. The Grand Canyon has a few eyebrow-raising points as well, but landing could be tricky in most of those places.

But buildings, ignoring landing area difficulties? The big cities, just list 'em for more answers.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I believe that these days in NYC they can book you for terrorism rather than tresspassing if you are caught jumping off one of those very tempting buildings.

yeah in NYC isnt there a no fly zone over manhattan ?
it could get ugly really fast that way

Dont die!

So out of curiousity...
When someone like Jeb Corliss jumps off the Palace Hotel and it can be later seen in his video, are there any repercussions of that? Or does nothing happen unless you are caught in the act?

interesting... someone pipe up
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

the way I see it , if your peers deem you worthy enough and hold you in high regard then you can basically do what the hell you want. If Mr Smith goes out and does something similar then its called burning or glory hunting... if the "cool gang" like you then its "cool"... if not, then you are hurting the sport...

NB: this is in no way aimed at Jeb, I am just throwing up a general point for people to continue to think I am a cunt and perhaps further discuss (my points or my continued cuntishness)....

there you go, I piped up....

Dont cha just love the internet! ;)

hey rl, i did not US bash this one!! :P

Happy holidays!

B|

PS) I apologise for my knee jerk bile..

BASE politics: Its pretty messed up when off DZ politics are more than perceived skydiving politics...

next thing ya know I will become a UK citizen and.....

think this should be my next sig"

"Politics.... there are less politics on the dz now than in BASE... whats the world coming to? "

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

the way I see it , if your peers deem you worthy enough and hold you in high regard then you can basically do what the hell you want. If Mr Smith goes out and does something similar then its called burning or glory hunting... if the "cool gang" like you then its "cool"... if not, then you are hurting the sport...

So what then defines a site? Is it a place that is frequently jumped off? Or does a place become a site once someone has jumped off it? Or is any place that could potentially be jumped off considered a site?
I'm trying to understand the whole site-naming, site-burning things and am a bit confused.
What happens if someone jumps off an object that realistically most people will never be able to jump off (ie. Jeb & Palace Hotel) and talks about the place. Is that site-naming? If hotel management sees his footage and become a bit more alert about BASE, is that site-burning then? But is a place like that even considered a site?
How about if you live in a high-rise & jump off your own balcony.. & talk about it.. is that site-naming?
Is that still prohibited?

It's _always_ best to err on the side of secrecy.

You never know when the site you _think_ no one else could possibly jump is, in fact, a regular site for some group of jumpers.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com