BenHall

ski-base

Could any ski-basers in CO or elsewhere PM me? Just have a few questions, thanks. (Also posted in blinc)

what up

there is a guy named jesse hall lives in gunnison i think. are you guys related? lemme know if you have trouble finding him, he is my homey and I know his contact info.

there is gonna be an AAPUPA ski base contest this year in south lake tahoe califonia.

you should come on out for it.

jt

Hey retard,
Don't you know the rules here?
Its APOOPA not AAPUPA and it stands for Americans Parachuting Off Objects with Parachutes and we jump in the day time for the media.
Actually this isn't a joke. "The World's Greatest Base Jumper" Miles D is really going to host a ski base jumping competition at Lovers some time this winter. Maybe Feburary. There will be several different catagories to compete in including:
Speed - through the gates before the cliff then clock stops when you ski through landing area with parachute or not.
Accuracy of course
Tricks

If we get the entire world's population of ski base jumpers to show up we might get a whopping 10 people there! Which is the perfect amount for the first one. If any expert skiers with some base experience want to show up and do their first ski base jump we would be glad to laugh...er.....help you out on your first one too.
More details to come when the event gets more organized, or less organized.
Shane McConkey "The Greatest Base Jumper In The World"

"Americans Parachuting Off Objects with Parachutes"
hmmmm......... isn't that APOOP?
Who's the retard?
& More like "The Greatest Death Defying Jumper in the World".

no dip shit.

it is APOOPA just like the man said. Americans Parachuting From Off Of Objects With Skis And Parachutes And during the Daytime with cameras and Stuff

I am getting a bunch of PM's about this and I dont know anything more than what is posted... but it sounds like we are gonna bemore than your whopping 10.

as of now it sounds like:

VID666
CLIFHUCKSTABLE
JT HOLMESJR
MARCIA
RODEOBASE420
AARONHUGE
FALLLINESKIER
HugheJRection
[email protected]
JorgenAFallwell
LARSLyngenberg
[email protected]
FREELANDER
RJGILL
RONYANKLE
BLUESKIESANDRAINBOWS (let's hope he doesnt show!!)
and
then i guess
miles D
'
please re direct PM's to one of these other guys

my question:

is there gonna be NO FALL zones like in extreme skiing contests?

or maybe, NO IMPACT zones like you know the wall, or trees and stuff.

no fall zones were cool because it made it so that if you were a reckless skier that was lucky to make it down the run alive, then you had no chance of winning.

with a no impact zone... even if you had the fastest time and the most flips and the best style, but your run resulted in a wall strike, then you have no chance of winning, even if it was pretty damn cool what you did.

the AAPOOPA is likely no joke at all... Shane McConkey once started a sanctioning body called the IFSA... stood for something like...Is Freebasing Seriously Addictive, or maybe it was something else...whatever who cares...

Sounds like fun, count me in. How tall is that cliff? I've only got 28 years of skiing and boarding experience though, is that going to be OK?

How high are we talking? I've got one year on you tree...strickly two planking
Party On!

See, I knew skiing wasn't just for middle-aged German couples called Gunther and Klaus! :P

And what is all that bullshit about 'expert' skiiers and 'some' BASE experience??? If you're going to deathcamp do it properly - relocate the bunny slope. B|

If we get the entire world's population of ski base jumpers to show up we might get a whopping 10 people there!

I think there may be more people skiing off of things than you are aware of.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

jt,
I'll show but only if you sport your reno 911 moustache again
it's such a turn on:$
your my hero!

shit, I'm so excited I'm off to the bird to practice... looks like a powder day.:)

Bitchen! It looks like we may get a decent turn out for this one. By the way yes, I am the retard I guess because APOOPA stands for Americans Parachuting Off Objects with Parachutes Association. Forgot the Association part. Officially this association's boss is Chuck Lowenpull, ya know the world record guy, so the actual name might be a bit different. This will be APOOPA's first event. You can still come even if you're not American but you have to wear a George Bush mask for your jump.
The cliff is 380 feet if you drop a rock from the exit point but we call it at least 420 feet due to the slope below and speed we carry off the cliff. Its the same one you've seen people doing flips off in Radix. It is jumpable without skis but gnarly as you will open very close to the wall and might slip trying to step off the ice covered exit point.

By the way, JT Holmes just got banned for 2 weeks again. Imagine that! So all you guys who have been PMing him probably won't get a response.

By the way, JT Holmes just got banned for 2 weeks again. Imagine that! So all you guys who have been PMing him probably won't get a response.

Bans are specific to a single forum. The PM function works regardless of forum bans.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'm off to the bird

..snowbird? i fucking love the watsatch area.....

cottonwood canoyons here i come, doo-da,doo-da

I'm an expert skier (24 years) with some (very little) BASE experience (2 jumps so far, hopefully more by then). I'd love to do my first ski-BASE sometime in the future once I'm ready for it. I live in San Jose, CA. Put me on the interested list, I'd like to come and watch this year if that's cool.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Yea come on up to Tahoe and check out our radness. We're pretty good. We'll even let you carry all our gear up to the exit point if you're lucky.
But seriously, if you really want to try it i suggest you put on your rig and practice hitting the jumps at the terrain park. This is the best simulation. A good tight skier's position/style is perfect for a ski base. You want to think skier not base jumper or stand position not belly to earth. If you are not familiar with terrain parks, the most important thing is to hit the jumps so that you land on the tranny. Don't ever over shoot the landing. Come up short if you have to but don't go long. Start on the smallest jump, figure out your speed and then work your way up to the biggest jumps. Try and be stable on every jump.

Hey Clifford,
Did jt get banned because he called me a 'dip shit'?
bummer!
but......

What a "dumb ass"!

Please tell me there is a contest for rolling down the windows!

...the most important thing is to hit the jumps so that you land on the tranny. Don't ever over shoot the landing. Come up short if you have to but don't go long.

What kind of anti-radical stance is that? Real huckers land in the tranny of the next jump below the one you're taking off from... :P

Please tell me there is a contest for rolling down the windows!

The windows on my Tacoma are electric.

I need new boots. My foot is wide so the boot will require custom fitting. My preference for skiing is bumps so what do people suggest?

This event sounds entertaining. Besides, JT owes me a Bridge Jumping Permission Document... suitable for framing.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

This event sounds entertaining.

That is does.

As a former ski patroller (from Lake Louise in the early 90s) I would often ski without ski polls and could be seen skiing with tools and/or snow fences in my arms. But I can't commit to anything at the moment ... and I've yet to make a Ski-BASE jump. :|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

JT sucks! He can't ski or base jump, its all a big fat lie. Dont let him tell you otherwise. What a joke! I heard he cant even drive a car and he eats tv dinners! There is no way he could pack a rig! Much less fly a canopy. Ha! Ha! Ha! SkiBASE my ass!
Symmetry doesn't matter.

Neither can you deadmanwalking, and i KNOW for a fact you cant pack. Cant even get your skis on!
SketchBall turn my ass!