BASE1036

You know you are busted...What to do?

I've removed the jumper's name. If anyone can verify the facts of this story, I'd appreciate hearing about it via PM or email.

If you want to know the name of the jumper in question, you can always PM BASE1036.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Our Motto has always been: It is better to beg for forgivness, than it is to ask for permission.:)

May we live long and die out

I don't know about down there but up here you can be charged with 'engaging in a prohibited activity while trespassing', or with 'mischief'.

Still, when I was faced with that situation, I jumped. (Flew through the guy wires and landed right beside the cop, too.) Think I always would, it's safer then climbing down. And if I'm caught, hey, I'm caught.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Hello,
Once upon a time The Gambler
was standing on the edge of the Jolly Green Giant,
when along comes a police man type helicopter.
"Get off the bridge" says the bullhorn.
So he did, in style.
RIP Frank.
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

So pretty much it depends entirely on the cop you get stuck with.

I would have to say yes... which is why the aftermath is so important. My personal rule is: if seen, then fess up and look sorry and sad. If unseen, hide!

so how does that bright yellow raven work out for you in the "not seen: hide" scenerio?:P

Good job on getting away clean. This is not the first time I've heard of people dropping dimes becasue they were not invited, or just not base friendly. Simply put, tell no one what you are doing or where you are going. If they aren't on the load they don't need to know. Hey, that has a nice ring to it. Maybe a nugget. Anyone have any nugs? ;)

"If they aren't on the load they don't need to know."

"7 days with a BASE jump makes one weak"

Dude, shouldnt that say without instead of with?

...dumass. :P

Shouldn't it be dumbass not dumass?

Fucking idiot! :)

Aside from effectively trying to get you picked up by the cops... calling in the fuzz on an object is tantamount to burning it. Isn't the standard sentence tarring and feathering for that alone?

"7 days with a BASE jump makes one weak"

Dude, shouldnt that say without instead of with?

...dumass. :P

Shouldn't it be dumbass not dumass?

Fucking idiot! :)

Fucking laughing my ass off! Leave it to a bunch of basers to have that much attention to detail.
If nothing else this thread has been good for a couple of laughs.

Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

did you see the commercial where the guy is interviewing? his potential boss is named Mr. Dumas, and the interviewee goes on and on saying Mr. Dumbass, and eventually the interviewer speaks and says "It's pronounced doom-us."
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Haven't seen it but it's like in the movie Shawshank Redemption when they're reading authors names of books.

Ok, sorry...back to subject at hand.

did you see the commercial where the guy is interviewing? his potential boss is named Mr. Dumas, and the interviewer goes on and on saying Mr. Dumbass, and eventually the interviewer speaks and says "It's pronounced doom-us."

Oh heck yea bro! And then when the guy leaves the interviewer says "What a dumb ass!"

:D:D:D

the only thing I can add here. . . . .

You should've swooped the cop!!:P

In all seriousness. . .sounds to me like you did the right thing. The only real problem is that you probably had to wait a little longer before cracking your beer!!

Cheers,

J.P.

I had a sergeant who got busted for soliciting prostitution, public indecency, and resisting arrest, among other things. he was busted in an alley with t prostitute. The resisiting arrest charge resulted from his insisting that the cops at least let him finish. I think that, in a sense, jumping might provoke the same kind of response. But, it depends on the situation and the cop.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Sounds about right bro, you got out so I might just do the same thing next time.

Respect costs nothing and always smile for the camera.