megan123

para-service.com

I have dealt with Roy...

I bought my first rig from him. He was nice enough and helped me decide what I needed at the time I purchased. they are friendly and have very competitive prices.

G

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I bought lot of things from them (mirage g4, pd 126R, oxygn, pro-track, jump-track), and the service was always the best.
I'm from Slovenia/Europe, so although we have different time zones (7 hours), his response was very quick. And though we spoke only through e-mails, everything that i ordered and got was exactly as i ordered it.
I have nothing but good to say about them. and the prices are the lowest.

I definitely recommend them !!!
"George just lucky i guess!"

I ordered some gear from them last year...container, helmet and audible. They were quite friendly and helpful, even though I wasn't the easiest customer ever. And their prices are great as well, so I think you won't regret ordering from them.

I'm probally burning a lot of bridges and pissing the wrong people off with this post but...

I'm not too happy with Paraservice for a few reasons. The biggest is they will sell any canopy to anyone that asks for it - no questions really asked. Every other gear dealer will ask for experience and if you are getting a radical canopy some even ask for references. I know of at least 2 people seriously hurt soon after recieving new canopies from Paraservice. Both people did'nt have the experience to be flying the canopy they were just sold and everyone looking at the situations later realized it.

Personally, I'm going to spend a few $ to buy from a gear store that cares about keeping people safe rather then one that is only in it for the $.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Every other gear dealer will ask for experience and if you are getting a radical canopy some even ask for references.

I'm waiting for a rig that I've ordered through Roy. The orderforms that I filled in for both the main and reserve included questions on my jumps numbers, current canopy and other canopies I've jumped.

I emailed Roy a bunch of time before I ordered and always got good responses, then spoke on the phone to actually place the order. So far I'm very happy.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

>The orderforms that I filled in for both the main and reserve included questions on my jumps numbers, current canopy and other canopies I've jumped.

So do demo forms but I bet if you tried to demo a Velocity 75, Kolla or Gillian would be doing a bit of background work before just blindly sending it out.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So do demo forms but I bet if you tried to demo a Velocity 75, Kolla or Gillian would be doing a bit of background work before just blindly sending it out.

Hell, when I had a bit under 200 jumps, my S&TA suggested I demo a Stiletto 190. I called Kolla, she said no, then maybe, then wanted to talk to my S&TA to find out for sure. Apparently they had about a 30 minute phone conversation then sent it to me since my S&TA said its what he suggested, but she sent it with a stern warning as well.

That was just a stiletto and not at a really high wingloading, more of the low end performance type.

Edit:

We need more dealers to ask questions and refuse to sell something to someone who has no business jumping high performance.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We also need car dealers telling peolpe to buy a corolla and not a corvette---we shouldn't tell peolpe how to run their and I repeat their business!
We are respondsible for our own actions and if the S&TA/DZO say the jumper can kill his/herself on their DZ that is their respondsiblity nto the person who sold the canopy.
Maybe we should outlaw guns and motorcycles while we are at it!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I totally agree! People need to get THEMselves informed first. If you order a 69 crossfire (we have one at my DZ) you should know what you are getting into.

If it was my business and someone wanted a canopy, I am probably going to sell them one. It's the responsibility of the canopy pilot and maybe the S&TA or the DZO to monitor what happens at the DZ not the guy at the gear store.

Granted, the guy at the store can try and help educate as a service to skydivers so maybe more people don't get hurt..

My 2 cents,

~Jeff

I don't know what business your in but I am sure that you sell your product (which it doesn't matter what the product is) to anyone that is willing to pay for it so that you and yours can eat and sleep under a roof. The people selling gear want to eat to and it is absolutely none of your business to whom they sell to. It is the respondsibilty of the purchaser and where they chose to use said merchandise.
Are we in a communist country now?
You holy than thou people need to get a life and stay out of others businesses, they choose to run a gear store and can run it how they see fit it is not yours. You can buy from who you like and I would bet that if said gear store is $400 less you will buy from them and never tell.
The Berlin Wall fell years ago lets not build it back!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I don't even know how to respond to this one other than to say that I'm very happy you don't own a gear store.

Why is that? People who own gear stores should be responsible for what people do with the gear they sell? I could show up at a ski shop buy a big mountain snowboard, climb a mountain, and with no training set off an avalanche and die.

Is it the fault of the salesperson for not asking what I intended to do with that snowboard or if I had proper training?

What responsibility does the owner of the canopy have to take? If you are downsizing too quickly and you dont realize it and the people around are not helping you make the right decision, you think a gear store owner across the country maybe even across the world should be responsible for making that descision?

I disagree completely with your attitude, gear store owners are no more responisble than the person that sold you your shoes, if you were to walk out of the store and trip and sprain an ankle are you going back to the sales person for selling you a bad shoe?

I hate to "beat a dead horse" but gear store owners esp. internet gear stores cannot be responsible for someones decision to jump a canopy they may not be ready for.

Are gun store owners responsible for who they sell to?

~Jeff

I think SB is in gear sales, and I think what she and others are saying is right on. It's not about making a buck or not, it's about ethical sales practice. If the gun store owner had a customer come in and say "i'm gonna kill myself" or "i'm gonna kill my wife" they shouldn't sell it to them and would be criminally negligent if they did. Now, someone knows a canopy will be used to jump. If I were to ask for any hp crossbraced canopy, I'd be telling them I was committing suicide, should they sell me the tool?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

I don't know what business your in

I own a gear store. I've been selling skydiving equipment since 1997.

I am sure that you sell your product (which it doesn't matter what the product is) to anyone that is willing to pay for it so that you and yours can eat and sleep under a roof.

I've refused to sell canopies to numerous people, some of whom post on these forums. I feel an ethical responsibility to not put high performance or highly loaded canopies into the hands of novices.

I'm not the only gear store owner who feels the same responsibility.

hate to "beat a dead horse" but gear store owners esp. internet gear stores cannot be responsible for someones decision to jump a canopy they may not be ready for.

Someday perhaps injured jumpers, mad mothers and deep pocket seeking lawyers will agree with you. Until then I run the risk of losing everything I've worked for every time I sell a piece of equipment... Should I and/or my business be sued, at the minimum I run the risk of having to pay a lawyer to get me/my business out of it.

Boy, that's what I get for not hitting "refresh" before I post :P

I don't know what business your in but I am sure that you sell your product (which it doesn't matter what the product is) to anyone that is willing to pay for it so that you and yours can eat and sleep under a roof.

Bwahaha!
Lisa, um, owns a gear store :)
And a gear store is not like a grocery store; you sell your expertise along with the gear most of the time. And you can choose whom you want to do business with -- you don't have to sell to anyone.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Someday perhaps injured jumpers, mad mothers and deep pocket seeking lawyers will agree with you. Until then I run the risk of losing everything I've worked for every time I sell a piece of equipment... Should I and/or my business be sued, at the minimum I run the risk of having to pay a lawyer to get me/my business out of it.

You make a very good point. Business runs by very different rules in the US then here in Canada. I am sorry that you always have that over your head.

I by the way don't think it's a bad thing that you may have saved a few "mad mothers" and broken people from getting hurt..

Thanks for seeing things from all sides.

~Jeff

I disagree completely with your attitude, gear store owners are no more responisble than the person that sold you your shoes, if you were to walk out of the store and trip and sprain an ankle are you going back to the sales person for selling you a bad shoe?

I doubt you're choice in footwear is going to kill you.

I hate to "beat a dead horse" but gear store owners esp. internet gear stores cannot be responsible for someones decision to jump a canopy they may not be ready for.

Why not?

Are gun store owners responsible for who they sell to?

Hand a gun to a drunk, child, felon or someone obviously incompetent and see what happens.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt