pringles

Base 1000

I just got the news. My jumping partner just got his number. Base 1000. His name Is Matt M. He jumps here in Michigan and He qualified sometime around a month ago. He may get on and post later but he told me it was ok to put the news out. He said that Rick put a pretty cool letter in with his card.

So there you have it.

Matt Davies

well lemme be the first to send my congrats...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Yep

congrat's matt davies

=========================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Didn't I predict late march for the date?

I thought I did.

Then again, I'm extraordinarily high.:P
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

This is great news. Now everyone can stop worrying about it and move on... Who's going to get BASE 2000?!?!?!?!?!?

-A
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

congrat's matt davies

Not me. My friend Matt. In fact we have so many friends named Matt his nick name is Harley. That way we can tell eachother apart.

Matt Davies

I just checked my mail today and found my number to be BASE 999.
Congrats to 1000

I just checked my mail today and found my number to be BASE 999.
Congrats to 1000

Congrats to both of you,you both has got special #´s have a safe jurney:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

My congratulation for the great number !;)

"The only way to get a really short number now...
is on Nick DG's list."

I want BASE 1111. Save it for me. I might be ready by then. :):$
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey, I'm sitting up . . . let's see if I can type.

In 1981 Carl Boenish said this:

"Some are calling it fixed object jumping. Probably fifty or more bridge jumps have been made, over four hundred cliff jumps, and maybe another fifty tower jumps, and now, six building jumps. There have also been a couple of building jumps in the prior five years.

We have established an award for the fixed object jumper. It is called the BASE award. The term BASE is an acronym derived from "Building," "Antenna tower, " "Span," and "Earth" (any natural formation). Any fixed object jump should fit into one of those categories.

Any person who makes at least one jump from each of the four categories receives a BASE number. To date, there have been four numbers issued. BASE 1 – Phil Smith, BASE 2 – Phil Mayfield, BASE 3 – Jean Boenish, BASE 4 – Carl Boenish. I think we will issue 100 to 200 numbers in the first three years."

Carl is a bit optimistic as by 1984 the BASE numbers hadn't yet broken one hundred. BASE number two hundred isn't issued until 1988. He can be forgiven as up to that point BASE jumping had been going pretty good. Carl at the time knew it was dangerous, of course, but it was the generation after Carl passed away that found out how dangerous.

Congratulations Matt, I can't tell you how stoked I am we reached that number, and of course, for you earning it.

All our experiences are slightly different, but we all share that first building, that first tower, that first cliff, and that first bridge. We've all felt the same doubts and fears, the same exhalations and happiness. We are still what Carl wanted us to be, a small band of Brothers . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Well said Nick. I want to add that there are not very many arenas in this world were you can meet another person for the first time and instantly have a connection with, respect for, and understanding about were they are coming from. A small band of Brothers indeed. I just wish I could get my mother to understand.
Harley
Wanna see my trombone trick?

Congrats on that # Antti!! He got that # last week while visiting Houston.

Would you trust THIS pilot?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Congrats on that # Antti!! He got that # last week while visiting Houston.

I'm sorry to correct this but he did his A a while back on a different spot. Or at least I did an A with him some time ago... His qualifying jump was a B. But anyways, congrats to you bro, it's been all good so far ! :)
http://www.ufufreefly.com

Yup, got it. Way happy! :)
I believe what Dave meant was that I received information of the # being issued to me while I was in Houston.

Aave, BASE #1111

Life is smiling, so why wouldn't I? :)

Carl Boenish, who's in Heaven right now and probably still be chased by Park Rangers, is smiling down on you.

Wait a minute – there are no Rangers in Heaven . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I think it was NDG who said that once you get your number you will suddenly notice it everywhere and you will smile everytime you see it in normal day to day activities.... even when you have forgotten you have the number, you will see it and smile.

I have to admit this is so true...

I recently started a new job where I was given the extension number 812 (the number I would have if I did not walk down from that building that night), and I actually spent sometime wondering how to approach "813" to ask if we could swap, I then realised how much of a freak this may make me sound in my new job... But this would have been pretty cool as my telephone number would have been 811813, and 811 is the person I was with on our first B to get our numbers.

Still going to work on getting that sorted, its only right I have 813 as my extension number.... I bloody well earned it! :D

Congrats on 1111 Thats a cool number.....

i tried to call you Aave today about this....really BIG congrats about it...mega cool...se you soon

Contrats on 1111! I was hoping to get that number, as I'm in Moab and I'll be qualifying very soon.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.