RockHard

Good Mojo for our Sport

Just a story and a Thank you

At a Dropzone not to long ago, and 150 Tandem packjobs later, I finally scraped up enough cash to get a base rig, but could seriously not afford a course. So I tried talking to some people that were known to be involved in the sport. Yeah right. It was pretty much a video showing with random “I this” and “I that” conversation. This stuff really wasn’t helping. At this point it seemed the only way I was going to learn would be to drive to Twin, jump, and pray for the best. That was the plan, I would jump one way or another. Just figure it out.

Then I was approached by Peterk and Rauk. They asked if I needed any help, and really went out of their way to teach me everything they could about base. I can’t explain enough how much these people helped me. I don’t know why, but they did. I think just because they really care about our sport and the safety of the people involved, less about the ego.

I just want to say THANK YOU for everything. Peterk, Rauk, Everyone in Twin Falls, Miles D. You guys are awesome. As long as there are people like you in this sport, It’s just going to get better.

Hey Rocky,

PeterK and Rauk are two of the best people I know. It's motivational to see their love for the sport, it really just radiates out of them--No egos, always willing to help. I'm glad they were their to help you out.

Hopefully Dexter and I will meet you this weekend at the "P"rine!

Take care.

Katie.

Hopefully Dexter and I will meet you this weekend at the "P"rine!

save some of that S for me aswell;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Faber, there is so much fun to be had when you come visit. It's going to be on!

...and there's plenty of S to go around!

Yeah, we'll see you there. This will be an Ultra good time. Its gonna be nice to finally meet you guys!!! Rock Hard

Rocky,
My sentiments exactly. I met those two Fockers at two separate times--PeterK when I first started skydiving and Rauk on my first trip to Twin--and still, having left CO, living a few states away, those two have helped me in innumerable ways. They're two of the best people I know and I'm proud to consider them friends.
-C.
LBMJ ;-)

FABER...coming to the N.W.

Is that what you are saying... ?

Out of all the freaks on the BASE-web that I read the writing of and want to put a face behind it.
This has my curiosity peeked out.
I will most definatly want to take a Look at Him... :S

Faber --

If and when you come to the US, be sure to let me know. And allocate some serious time. I'm going to make sure you get one hell of a tour!

And sorry mate, you're going to have to bring your slider! :P

Bryan

Rocky,
My sentiments exactly. I met those two Fockers at two separate times--PeterK when I first started skydiving and Rauk on my first trip to Twin--and still, having left CO, living a few states away, those two have helped me in innumerable ways. They're two of the best people I know and I'm proud to consider them friends.
-C.
LBMJ ;-)

Oh that was such a good trip! B|

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

And sorry mate, you're going to have to bring your slider!

Good luck Bryan, you are dealing with a guy who believes that BOC stands for Beer Only Container.:D

Actually, its Beer On Container, and the proper stowage is to place the beer in the BOC before stowing the PC. Upon landing you will have liquid refreshment readily available. Smiley was the first guy I saw make proper use of the BOC pouch.

CYa.

now thats classic :)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

yeah guys this lazy fat ass dane will do a us trip this summer.
The trip is planned whith Dexter,K-monster and 924,we will be in TF at some point and might some cliffs south (i guess) from there..

wont post dates up public in the case some crazy media guy want to take his life storry:ph34r::D

Hope to meet loads of you guys..B|

Ray,im sure we meet:ph34r: looking forward to do so.

Bryan,pméd you:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

stopping by the East Coast?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Peterk and Rauk? That homosexual couple? The gigling cleptomaniac and the pot-smoking, ponytail sporting hippie? Bullocks! Those two can't even skydive as tandem passengers, let alone base jump. I'm coming to CO to teach them a lesson when I get back to the states.

PS - Some real mojo for the sport will be when Adam F. brings back the MOJO Canopy!

PPS - Adam, Petey, Can't wait to see you and the rest of the gang!

Cheers,
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

It took me a while to articulate this the way I wanted, here goes. I came into this experience with little knowledge of what BASE really was or how it was going to effect my life. It was mainly just a next step, and it became something that will never truly leave me. It has become part of who I am and has made me the person that I have become. It has instilled more confidence in me than anything that has ever touched my existance. I never imagined that things like this were possible, let alone that I would be able to do a lot of those things. I owe BASE my life, literally, because I would still be a marginally overweight, money addicted person who is looking for something to fill the hole I have inside myself. I stopped believing in amazing (even magical, as corny as it may be) things. BASE made me feel good. It felt right. It made me believe again. It made me believe you could do the things everyone else says were impossible. I realized that money wouldn't always be there, and I realized that the hole I am trying to fill may never be filled, and that is okay, because maybe it is the end that fills it. I think all of us who are fortunate enough to take from this what I have, owe it to themselves to help people along the path, to find, maybe, what they have found. BASE scares me, and when people want to take it up, I want to tell them how dangerous, scary, and deadly it is. I want to tell them about cutting signatures and email addresses out of logbooks, shaking the hands of dead people. I want to tell them about the addiction of it all, the downward spiral that some people find. Then I remember what it would be like if I hadn't done that first jump a little over a year ago, and I think about how different I would be without all of it. The way I express my feelings, the things I tell people, the decisions I make, are all effected by the fact that I may not walk away from this or that jump. I may not even survive. I left my house once to go downtown, solo, to do two jumps off of two different B's. As I left my house, a thought flashed through my head. Not a thought like those crazy things we all think sometimes that you brush off as sub-concious, but a real thought. I thought,"What if this is the last time I leave my house?". I'll never forget how that felt, or what it made me realize. It made me appreciate life and the people in it so much more. I think what it has done, truly, is made me in a lot of ways a better person. So seriously, thank all of you, I have learned more from everyone I have met along the way than you all could ever realize. I can't even thank all of the appropriate people, there are too many, and not all of them are here anymore. I could never keep something this amazing from anyone who truly wants it, not with how much I love it, not with how much it has made me love. I can only hope everyone in the world can find that in something, someday. Thanks again.
Adam Foster
BASE 921

I'm coming to CO to teach them a lesson when I get back to the states.

We've already alerted Homeland Security, Abbie. Enjoy your cavity search. ;)

-C.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

PS - Bolivia is so fucking cheap. You can't spend your money no matter how hard you try. The downside is that things like trying to catch a train out of a shithole town like Uyuni is a little hard when you walk up to the window and they tell you the train is broken. Check back in a few days.

Cya,
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

OK, before we get too crazy celebrating PeterK and Rauk, I want everyone to know that PeterK ranked very poorly in the Flour Sack Aerial Bombing Nationals a few weeks ago, he still hasn't figured out how to be a tandem passenger with out falling off, and the last time I saw him jumping, he was flailing and screaming like a frightened monkey. And as for Rauk, well he still doesn't know how to pack a Sabre in a way that doesn't require emergency procedures. And their Fan Club is a total joke, its full of teenage girls and small furry animals, and all I have to show for it is some cheap lockpicks and a list of random number sets. I suppose some congrats are in order, its not everyday a BASE jumper lands a sweet sponsorship deal with a major player in the latex industry, I just hope it doesn't all go to their heads. Next thing you know, they'll be calling themselves the "A" Team!

Just for the record, there is not "A Team". Oh, and it is a Sabre2, those things are ALWAYS malfunctioning, I mean I have had three mal... ehr, cutaways with that angry (:D) thing. The good old days I suppose.