what are the best BASE videos out there?

I just ordered Beyond Extreme (thanks for the advice Tom) and Fixed 2, but i haven't actually ever seen any BASE specific vids - anyone got any recommends besides these 2? I prefer a professional looking production and interesting cinematography and diverse jumps to anything else (although i guess thats what everyone prefers?)

Thanks

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

If production quality and filming is your bag, there's some nice Base on Crosswind by Patrick Passe. Some nice skydiving too....

The chronicles series also have various base footage on them too.
These are (in terms of bucks per base) expensive if its just the base you are interested in.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

There's some good stuff on SkydivingMovies
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

I just ordered Beyond Extreme (thanks for the advice Tom) and Fixed 2, but i haven't actually ever seen any BASE specific vids - anyone got any recommends besides these 2? I prefer a professional looking production and interesting cinematography and diverse jumps to anything else (although i guess thats what everyone prefers?)

Thanks

Beyond Extreme is the BEST. It truly shows footage that is far beyond extreme (like quarter second parachute rides after deploying at terminal, or double backflip from under 200 ft).

Yes, the FirstBase clip is just Bad-Ass. I watch it when I need to get in a good mood.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Have to agree

Beyond Extreme I think looses its way a little bit...... but is a good video

Fist full of F1-11 just keeps you glued all the way through and has some outstanding footage

Fixed2 is starting to look a little dated BUT the girder shots and A strike still make me cringe!!

I would suggest FFoF11 and then fixed2

these are the only things keeping me sane whilst injured!!

Be Safe!!

(like quarter second parachute rides after deploying at terminal

think i must of missed that bit............. can you refresh my memory?

Be Safe..................

Nah mate - but seeing as I have this name on 2 other boards thought best for consistancy!! ;)

Be Safe.............

Oh and wont make it to your party - im in plaster and cant drive!!...................

oh well the women are now safe!

BUT if you have any Sub-20 yr olds going let me know!!

Be Safe........................... unless shes a virgin and on the pill!..............

Cya

"Standard Issue" is another skydiving/BASE video that is insane...you can get through the ABA website.

Thanks

I sell all of the available ones on BLiNC Magazine. I have also seen everyone of them.
1st BASE is my favorite, but currently no shipping.
Beyond extreme is also great, but NTSC is not shipping until we get back to the USA.
Fixed2 is a very good video and Jason Bell has done an amazing job.

You also have fist full of f1-11..., Rage, and BASE Climb.
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

Also try "The Shovels" - Douggs and crew. It's got a little skydiving on it, but mostly BASE - these guys redefine what a LZ is/can be. Awesome! they go hard for sure.

Colorado Crew's "Continuum" - ... I just picked this one up from them at BD - Good video - cool tunes - fun stuff. (plus I'm just partial to all those great folks). Not sure how to get ahold of it - could prolly put you in touch if interested.

Fixed 2 is just great fun. One of my favorites is the go-ped parking lot human jumps. Oh, I also like the steel shots.

Rage is good. A must-have for the bond-style STXXXXXXXXXE jump by Mr. Utah.

First BASE is awesome.

Hell, buy them all and watch what people do right and wrong.

Tom or Mick or anyone else who's in-the-know> Is anyone selling Mike Allen's old videos?? Mike had some great video - especially for its day when recording decks had to be worn in the chest mount position. Mike did a spectacular spoof/parody of Kent's "From Wings Came flight" Plus, Mike had lots of footage of the brothers harrison, payne, scott, hoov, et al. Those were the folks who were in the videos that I grew up on, so to speak - lots of respect for those guys (fun to party with too).

Haven't seen FFOF111 yet; it's next on the list.

bsbd,
Gardner

First BASE is awesome.

Its the only one i have but i can see it again and again..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Also try "The Shovels" - Douggs and crew.

The Shovels video is almost entirely re-played (the BASE parts, anyway) on the other ABA videos. Check out the upcoming video (I think it's called "For a Few Jumps More") and you'll see what I mean.

Is anyone selling Mike Allen's old videos??

Marah, Mike's niece, has all the original footage. She's shooting new BASE stuff, too, and trying to do a sort of retrospective. Lot's of "where are they now" stuff with RP and the RH's. If you email me, I can give you her contact info.

Mike did a spectacular spoof/parody of Kent's "From Wings Came flight"

I've got an old VHS copy of that, plus some other stuff, but I haven't seen any new ones for sale anywhere.

fun to party with too

Gotta love that breath freshener...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

My vote: "Lemmings Extremes" -- billed as the 'best and worst of Bridge Day' - from video shot over about a decade of the event.

I've shown it at the DZ, and it is 55 minutes of non-stop cringing, "holy @%#^", and "phew!" exclamations by those watching. Awesome. By far the most jumps end up working out injury free despite everything that happens.

It makes one aware of the many things that can go wrong (even an uncocked pilot chute), as well as showing some of the more audacious and odd jumps that have taken place there.

I don't think it would be the most educational for advanced BASE jumpers but a novice would benefit from seeing a lot of the types of problems that can occur, especially bad launches.

Source: www.lemmingsvideo.com. Reasonably priced too.

(like quarter second parachute rides after deploying at terminal

think i must of missed that bit............. can you refresh my memory?
Be Safe..................

There are 2 versions of "Beyond Extreme". One is about 31 minutes long, the other about 45 min. long. The longer one has that quarter second parachute rides (two of them), coverage of Bridge Day 2000 (with the guy jumping Icarus Extreme 79 and swooping the river...), jumps from KL Tower in Malaysia (including skysurf) and BASE lineover and cutaway. You probably have the shorter version. The only place to buy the FULL version is from its producer Tome Begic at http://tomarent.tripod.com/video.htm The FULL version is WAY better. Get it! You won't regret...

I think that in skydivingmovies.com you can get a hold on GATO, its a kewl vid.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I think that in skydivingmovies.com you can get a hold on GATO, its a kewl vid.

Is this a BASE Video?
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

Also try "The Shovels" - Douggs and crew. It's got a little skydiving on it, but mostly BASE - these guys redefine what a LZ is/can be. Awesome! they go hard for sure.

Colorado Crew's "Continuum" - ... I just picked this one up from them at BD - Good video - cool tunes - fun stuff. (plus I'm just partial to all those great folks). Not sure how to get ahold of it - could prolly put you in touch if interested.

bsbd,
Gardner

Where do I contact Diggs and the CO crew about these videos?
Mick Knutson

There's actually an even rarer "underground" version of Beyond Extreme that includes footage of RL picking shotgun pellets out of his legs, Slim stripping at Exotica in Portland after a long night of partying, and even the famed "road kill" footage (both cat and possum) courtesy of Goldilocks.

Sadly, most bootleg copies of this amazing piece of Aussie filmmaking were in posession of Dr. Nik and now that Nik has gone on to make the next world a more colorful place for everyone there (wherever "there" is), the conduit for distribution is severely cramped. There'a rumor that a smelly old Dog in Oregon has access, but that's just rumor. There's also a rumor that "roadkill elk" is in the works. . .

Peace and happy holidays,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Lets not forget "Over the Rail" by Kelly Laborde. Great guy and a kickass video. A nice carnage shot of his lineover in New Orleans I think it was. He walked away....but it looks bad. The view is from his camera. Many many objects........You can get a copy for sure at 1-800-276-DIVE (3483) from www.SkydiveAtlanta.com

http://www.blincmagazine.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BS&Product_Code=CONT&Category_Code=videos

Continuum- Is the first installment of BASE jumping videos from around the world. It has scenes from Norway, France, Switzerland, Italy, Moab, Twin Falls Bridge and more. See crazy footage with some close calls and lots of cool angle points. All BASE jumping from the Colorado Crew and Friends. New aerials and jumps. This video is 48 minutes long, excellent soundtrack and worth every penny. Professional editing and great filming.

Currently we only have NTSC but soon to have PAL and DVD. Order any of the following VHS NTSC, VHS PAL, DVD.
Mick Knutson