johooz

LODI wingsuit ban

USPA spent/lost more money on the now-known to be manipulated Chicago record that they had to rescind (first rescinding due to a cheater in the history of USPA, who buys the beer?) than spent on the WSI proposal.

I'm more interested in this. How about splitting out another thread? I'm curious about the details...how can somebody cheat?

It's all there in the photos/video as far as I know.
Apex BASE

DSE

******Or, you could call your RD and say "Hey, I was told that USPA dollars relating to wingsuiting were spent. Can you share that information with me?

Simon, you've long set a precedent of nitpicking, arguing, twisting, prevaricating, or manipulating anything I share regarding wingsuiting and wingsuit safety.
As a result, I chose to not post it, yet have provided you the opportunity to dig into it if you genuinely want information vs having something more to steal, piss about, or create FUD over.j Who knows...in the process, you might learn more about how USPA operates.
You're welcome.:P

IIRC, most of the USPA $$$ spent on wingsuiting relate directly to the preposterous proposal you tried to ram down everyone's throat, your advocacy of which was rife with, ahem... "nitpicking, arguing, twisting, prevaricating, or manipulating anything" said by anyone who disagreed with you.

Fortunately, the BOD saw through all that to the preposterousness and that was the end of that except for all the $$ your actions caused USPA to blow.

That aside, I agree with Simon that Bill can do whatever he wants -- it's his DZ. He did the same thing with swooping a while back too -- I think there's a 90-degree landing turn limit. IIRC, though, no swooping advocate got on the forums and started spouting sputum about the percentage of DZs in the past 5 years that have banned swooping.

B|

Please support your preposterous:P claim that USPA spent a dime on the WSI proposal. If USPA spent a dime, it'll be shown in the financial report. Given that I personally paid for all handouts, DVDs, and for all my own travel, hotel...I'm curious how you'd make such a bullshit claim. Then again, prevarication *is* your stock in trade.

USPA spent/lost more money on the now-known to be manipulated Chicago record that they had to rescind (first rescinding due to a cheater in the history of USPA, who buys the beer?) than spent on the WSI proposal.

The financial records were reported at the meeting, they're published, a resourceful dude like yourself should be able to find backup for your specious claim. Since you toss the accusation, back it up. Otherwise, STFU, Robin.
Or are you gonna call my employers and tattle and whine about me again?

I rest my case.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

C'mon Robin...you made a statement of fact. Prove it. Demonstrate it. Show us where the USPA spent money.
Otherwise, it's just more bullshit spewed from your supercilious piehole.

Prove me wrong in saying USPA spent no money on the WSI.
I dare you. In fact, I double-dog dare you.B|

dthames

***What would also prompt their ban on tracking dives? (referring to the poster image file)

I am still curious if they really also ban tracking jumps and if so, what are they trying to make better......not landing off?

Thanks,
Dan

yes tracking as well as wingsuiting has been fired. and as with most everything else, because bill said so. a girl with 100ish jumps hooked into the grapes trying to make it back rather than chosing a safe out (she flew too wide of a pattern (tracking) and was afraid of getting fired for landing out.) so with that fact, your guess is as good as mine as to why bill got rid of tracking jumps. cloverdale is doing 15$ jump tickets thru july 7th though, come on out :)

DSE

Or, you could call your RD and say "Hey, I was told that USPA dollars relating to wingsuiting were spent. Can you share that information with me?

Simon, you've long set a precedent of nitpicking, arguing, twisting, prevaricating, or manipulating anything I share regarding wingsuiting and wingsuit safety.
As a result, I chose to not post it, yet have provided you the opportunity to dig into it if you genuinely want information vs having something more to steal, piss about, or create FUD over.j Who knows...in the process, you might learn more about how USPA operates.
You're welcome.:P

Back to the issue of wingsuits being banned. I have chatted with a couple of folks (RD) so far that don't really know what you are getting at. Just waiting for a ND to call me back.

Is it something to do with liability insurance? Can I get the next clue please?
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

(I'm commenting on this against my better judgement.)

AFAIK, USPA paid $$$ on insurance claims relating to tail strikes. Some of these involved people wearing wingsuits. Some of them involved people not wearing wingsuits.

Spot - you helped teach me how to WS and gave me your team room when I needed a place to stay. You are pretty awesome.

Wickey - you rented me gear, we have downed beers and hucked objects together. You are pretty awesome.

What the %$#@ is it about you two online? Can you guys meet at a neutral DZ and hug it out?

-Shakey

Sounds like a good excuse for a beer. ;)

Online forums, email, text in general is a pretty weak form of communication. I read a few articles recently about how it is a real issue for the younger generation. Boy I never thought I would be saying that.

Spot and I have always been much nicer to each other in person than online.

My last couple of attempts to discuss topics in the forums have ended as badly as they have I the past. I think it is more about the medium than the person or the relationship.

It works well for getting information out there and has great value. For other topics its not so good.

We might now have to debate my opinion on Internet forums! ;)

Thanks for pointing out the childishness....it's true.

Getting back to the original question (The mediators of the forum could do a better job keeping in track the conversation instead of letting their bias lead their fingers)

Yes WS are ban at lodi, we are experiencing more and more people showing up with high performance WS and not enough jumps under their belt. Also more and more people jumping incorrect set up for their WS needs.

This lead to bill to prohibit WS to everyone. I have been trying to get him to consider more strict rules and regulations but it seems like he had had enough with wing suiters.

We do a good job in here regulating, there is a good amount of senior WS pilots and we don't experience close call with stabilizer or non of that. People are always looking after each other. But, well you can't fix stupid!

When Bill banned WS people quickly transfer to their tracking suits, we had a visitor jumper who was flying her tracking suit and her pattern was not good. She was informed by couple of senior jumpers that she needed to change her patter and try to get closer to the DZ. She end up landing out and hooking her self in.

So after this, Bill decided No Tracking Suit either, in fact no tracking jumps either.

So as it today:
- You can't fly your WS in Lodi
- You can track with a tracking suit in Lodi
- you can't do tracking dives in Lodi

I will be jumping and expanding to other dropzones around the area. More and more jumpers are going to Davis and we had 9 WS pilots the other day during a weekday. ;)

I hope this helps

Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Yes WS are ban at lodi, we are experiencing more and more people showing up with high performance WS and not enough jumps under their belt. Also more and more people jumping incorrect set up for their WS needs.

This lead to Bill to prohibit WS to everyone. I have been trying to get him to consider more strict rules and regulations but it seems like he had had enough with wing suiters.

This is becoming more the common view. Thanks for doing your part. If we can work together to get WS to fly 'right', perhaps we can stop/reverse the trend.

(BTW, I don't moderate the WS forums, in here, i'm just an asshole like everyone else:P)

I haven't been to Lodi. Is the LZ very small?

We have lots of WS newbies at Skydive Chicago and we don't have a problem with off-landings.

Always seemed to me that you have way more control over where you deploy in a WS than when doing RW.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

flipwithit

a girl with 100ish jumps hooked into the grapes trying to make it back rather than chosing a safe out (she flew too wide of a pattern (tracking) and was afraid of getting fired for landing out.

It's sad to see a DZ owner perpetuating a "Land on the DZ at all costs" mentality.

medusa

This lead to bill to prohibit WS to everyone. I have been trying to get him to consider more strict rules and regulations but it seems like he had had enough with wing suiters.

In the not-too-distant past... maybe 3 months ago... you stopped by our DZ and you didn't like our WS rules. One of the most basic rules: You must have a log book. You were made aware of these rules before you even drove to our DZ, but you didn't produce a log book. We also require personal approval from the DZO. He asks you some questions, checks you out to make him confident you won't wreck the airplane, etc. Our DZO was out of town that day.

You filmed a video on your way home, saying you'd been wrongly discriminated against as a wingsuiter, and you shared that with FB. Because you had been made aware of these rules before you came here, and you didn't bother to schedule an appointment with the DZO or bring a log book, I don't believe a word you're saying about trying to convince Lodi to use strict rules.

Maybe if you had a USPA license with WS license/rating/whatever listed in plain view, manifest attendants everywhere would be able to give you a thumbs-up, knowing that you were ready to fly at their DZ. At this point, however, all DZ's must create their own hoops for WS'ers to jump through, or create walls that WS'ers can't go through in order to satisfy their concerns.

medusa

I will be jumping and expanding to other dropzones around the area. More and more jumpers are going to Davis and we had 9 WS pilots the other day during a weekday. ;)

I hope this helps

I hope that works for you. Eventually you may run out of new playgrounds, unless some quality WS training gets standardized and broadly accepted by DZOs. In USA the only way I'd expect that broad acceptance would be as part of the USPA licensing system.

parachutist

***Did you just open up the USPA Wingsuit can of shit???
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OMG that's damn funny right there.
B|

It's the only can out there right now, other than "Put signs on the plane and around the DZ". I don't have too much faith in that one ;)

Right, because people only react to rules and regulation.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut.html

To date nobody at a dropzone with a sign has hit the tail. Based on other examples here I therefore conclude that good signs prevent tail strikes.

WickedWingsuits

******Did you just open up the USPA Wingsuit can of shit???
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OMG that's damn funny right there.
B|

It's the only can out there right now, other than "Put signs on the plane and around the DZ". I don't have too much faith in that one ;)

Right, because people only react to rules and regulation.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut.html

To date nobody at a dropzone with a sign has hit the tail. Based on other examples here I therefore conclude that good signs prevent tail strikes.

Has anyone at a DZ with a sign been eaten by a tiger?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.