mchamp

Wingsuit freefall time World Record !!

Jhonathan Florez, NEW WS FREEFALL TIME RECORD!!!! 35.0000 ft.... freefall was around 8:58 - 9:01 minutes!!!!...broke the record before was 6 minutes
BIG CONGRATS ..soon the video!!

Someone please post the video link once it's up!!
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

A world record in our sport is just something what counts, if there is regular equipment involved and as long it is possible to make it for anybody else with skills for it, as long there are no sponsors involved who helps, to make it happen!

The real record holders in our sport, special wingsuit flying
u can find here: http://www.paralog.net/ppc/

Go out and try to beat thatones....! ;-)

just my 2 cents about record holders in our and every other sport worldwide!
To be old and wise, 1st you have to be young and stupid......

A world record in our sport is just something what counts, if there is regular equipment involved and as long it is possible to make it for anybody else with skills for it

There is nothing regular about jumping out of airplanes in the first place. However, Medusa is certainly not the first person to fly a wingsuit from 35,000 feet, nor will he be the last. His record stands on its own merit, in its own class, and doesn't need comparison to a different class. You make it sound as if he built a 35,000 foot tower out of solid gold. :D Any of us could make a jump from that altitude if we really wanted to. I know I don't want to, and I know I wouldn't last 9 minutes either.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

+1 :)

A world record in our sport is just something what counts, if there is regular equipment involved and as long it is possible to make it for anybody else with skills for it

There is nothing regular about jumping out of airplanes in the first place. However, Medusa is certainly not the first person to fly a wingsuit from 35,000 feet, nor will he be the last. His record stands on its own merit, in its own class, and doesn't need comparison to a different class. You make it sound as if he built a 35,000 foot tower out of solid gold. :D Any of us could make a jump from that altitude if we really wanted to. I know I don't want to, and I know I wouldn't last 9 minutes either.

Dont just talk about it, Do it!

I was present during the jumps. I most say it's the least glamorous activity you could imagen. One hour pure oxygen pre-breath on the ground for crew and athlete, another hour climbing to altitude and then a high airspeed exit. A nine minute flight of which the last three minutes are pure agony, feeling your arms are being pulled out. Finally you land on the Colombian desert, dehydrated from breathing the AVO oxygen, under a triple digit sun.
I can not exaggerate my respect for Jhonathan, it takes a special kind of person to really push the boundaries.
Alea Iacta Est