millertime24

Just got some ink I think you guys/gals may enjoy.

And I must say the artist's attention to detail was impressive. Before he even started drawing we looked at many wingsuit pics online and I discussed with him how wingsuits work (he had no idea that they inflate for example). Once he had a good understanding of how the suits work I told him I wanted a piece going down my left arm looking the way a suit would shortly after exit. He was so detailed that he put a wind ripple on the left arm of the guy so as to show almost, but not quite full inflation. He also detailed the cells perfectly... Not something anyone would notice, but I know (and now so does he).

I think next Ill have him do an Otter in a banked dive onto my chest to simulate that "after exit" look.
Muff #5048

looks like a Jeb tatoo.. You should tatoo a crack just in front :D

No need to, there is a crack already there, just look at the crook in his elbow as it is bent. All it needs is a little bit of shading and terrain relief and I'd bet money the GPS data would show that he was flying up. :D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I wanted a piece going down my left arm looking the way a suit would shortly after exit.

Was the tattoo done by a lady? The picture looks like "girl's left" or did you mirror the picture?

But very nice details on the suit, yes. Nice idea!
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

What kind of container is that?

Something from the 80's by the looks of it, I do find it interesting the whole idea of wanting to draw your sport on your body, what drove you to have a wingsuit on your arm or is this just a fun temporary tattoo in case you change disciplines lOl ;)
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

What kind of container is that?

Something from the 80's by the looks of it, I do find it interesting the whole idea of wanting to draw your sport on your body, what drove you to have a wingsuit on your arm or is this just a fun temporary tattoo in case you change disciplines lOl ;)

That there is funny. I do participate in other kinds of jumps, but wingsuiting is what I love. Something about flying my body around the sky I cant explain. I think Ill have a Casa put on my shoulder/chest to simulate the "just after exit" look.
Muff #5048

Nice tatoo! Although I would be a bit reserved about having a tatoo with something, what involves technology. Now look at those older guys with Paracommanders, Paradactyls, & box-man skydivers with belly reserves, tatooed all over their bodies! ;) Technology is advancing so quickly, that what seems to be on the edge today, will seem outdated tomorrow. And then you will have people saying in few years "why does it have this old-school butt deflector", "why is it a monoplane wingsuit" etc. However, if you do not care about that, should be fine! :)

Now look at those older guys with Paracommanders, Paradactyls, & box-man skydivers with belly reserves, tatooed all over their bodies! ;) Technology is advancing so quickly, that what seems to be on the edge today, will seem outdated tomorrow.

imagine the Pterodactyls who had a Twardo tattooed on their wings :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Now look at those older guys with Paracommanders, Paradactyls, & box-man skydivers with belly reserves, tatooed all over their bodies! ;) Technology is advancing so quickly, that what seems to be on the edge today, will seem outdated tomorrow.

Not possible. They hadn't invented ink back in those early days of Twardo.:P

Not possible. They hadn't invented ink back in those early days of Twardo.:P

hammer and cisel - early scarification!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Funny you mention that. We were talking about methods of tattooing from back in the day. An oriental people once used needles attached to a small rod that was struck gently with a hammer of some description. What I heard from my classmates was that this technique is still practiced, but VERY few artist will do it.
Muff #5048

there are really only a handful of artists that still do "traditional" stuff. the japanese have needles attached to bamboo, and the maori do it the way you mentioned it. these practices of course take much longer to finish a tattoo, and they're oh-so-much more painful..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda