mccordia

Stealth2 - Its here

Hey everyone,

After a long time of testing, playing, modifying and designing, Phoenix-Fly is proud to now official announce the Stealth2.

The first prototypes where already flying over a year ago, and featured Roberts new V3 innovations in terms of legwing and inlet design.
But not wanting rush things, it was modified step by step into the final suit presented here*.

For those with a frame built for speed rather than slow fallrates, this is an ideal suit. For camera flying (especially on the back) its a dream in terms of the range you have. For me personaly it totally changed my views on maximum flight times. And if any of these aspects sound like your thing, than this is totaly the toy for you.

Its a big step up from the first Stealth, and especially in forward speed/drive a good improvement. Its NOT a wingsuit for anyone with less that 80 to a 100 wingsuit jumps.

Everyone who ordered a Stealth over the last few months already got the new Stealth model.
But with it 'sneaking' into active circulation, we never really gave it the premiere it deserved.
So here is a video to officialy mark the suit going into active production!

Vimeo - YouTube - Stealth2 promo

I will have several demo suits with me at Flock&Dock6, and we hope to get more demo suits available and flying everywhere soon.
The website will also be updated this coming week with updated info on the Stealth.

Those eager to try, shoot Macca or me mail or PM, and we will gladly point you to the nearest available demo suit in your size!

Cheers!

*engines sold seperately
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Unless flown by the same person/weight/same conditions, these comparisons are kinda hollow, and will favour one suit one time, another another. Showed by yourself outflying a lot bigger suits in a Phantom 2 years ago...

Though fun for competition sake, evaluating a wingsuit on its own says a lot more than empty comparisons back and forth.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Scott Bland will also give it a go later this week.
I have three St2's with me at F&D, in 2 sizes for anyone (with a suitable experience level) to try.
UK flyers interested in a demo jump can contact Macca.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Flew one of the demos Saturday @ FnD. Got out at 13,880 and was fully deployed @ 2,060. Flight time = 2:39. Slow speed 32, Avg speed 48, Max speed 84. "All in All" a very good flight. Only problem I had was when I de-arched & tilt my pelvis to slow down the tail deflated and could be heard flapping. Should've given it another go but weather shut us down on Sunday. THANKS, Jarno & Robi
Jim

De-arching is not really needed.
Just all out flat, is how the suit flies at its best (without flapping on front and/or backB|). Pulling it into a full stall is the only thing I could imagine causing any depressurization.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Similar experience, I was flying one of the prototype Stealth2's.

182 seconds, min 24, max 66, avg 38. Damn, I was tired. Exit was 13,400 and in the saddle at 2690.
The suit mostly flies itself. I did have nasty line twists on that jump, but that was of course, me. Super fun suit to fly. Grippers are not at all needed, just curl a pinky finger to the back.
The one I flew doesn't have the front tail vent, just the attachment point for the tail when walking around. I'll post more on it once I've gotten more flight time with it.

He might be much taller, but my.....
Stealth tail is significantly longer.

What was funny is that during Stefan's FFC, I noted that his Phantom2 offers more wing fabric than my Mach1 does. If Stephan gets into a Stealth2, I think Robi will need to charge double just for the amount of fabric used.:D

Sup...
I finally stopped in to this thread and checked out the suit.

Tail's a big sucker! My estimate based on pics would be this thing's gonna be FAST.

I'm not gonna order a demo just cause I'm not in the market for a suit right now but if I come across one in my size I'll test fly it. Be interesting to see if it can meet or beat the S-Bird I'm flying now. That suit's a hard act to follow, but the S2 might do it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

DSE- Sounds kinky ;)

Well...Butters is a skinny lil' dude where you're kind of a fat-ass like me. I'll bet I smoke you in my Stealth2....When do you get yours? You got it cool yello/blu colors, right?:P