kallend

Rodeo question

I've posted how to do it out of a 182, tailgate and an Otter over the years. I have to coach in the tunnel in a few minutes, otherwise I'd find the post for you. Its on here somewhere, just have to find it. :)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Horse and rider climb out, face the prop and float off together. Unless you have a tailgate :)
I have seen video where both were coming from inside the door. It looked quite unnecessarily more difficult.

Keep wings closed and arch hard immediately after exit. Only start flying when you're stable.

I went unstable once when I turned after exit and tried to turn back on my original heading, exposing my back to the relative wind. So continue the turn if you want a particular heading, even if it means turning 270° instead of 90°.

Johan.
I am. I think.

Ask Purple.
If anyone knows how to do rodeos, it's him.
He's done so many of them and refined/perfected his technique over and over again, countless times... he could probably publish a paper on the topic.

I believe he is also in favor of Jarno's advice above :P

Ask Purple.
If anyone knows how to do rodeos, it's him.
He's done so many of them and refined/perfected his technique over and over again, countless times... he could probably publish a paper on the topic.

I believe he is also in favor of Jarno's advice above :P

I too am in favor of tight, skinny chicks, but that is more a topic for Bonfire.;)

yes sir tight and petite is good I have done the rodeo thing w/o a wingsuit a bunch. I need to get in a few w/s rodeo's here in the near future.B|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

that was sweet video the cameraman was backflying awesome. haven't seen the rider deploy off the horses back before. nice.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Russia, DZ Pushino (former DZ Stupino), 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXA6CLHEv4

Never seen the rider pull without dropping off the Bird before. Also looked like it had less impact on the WSflyer then a rider jumping off to the side.

Do you see riks that I might not have thought about in this?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

I do rember seeing an older video with the rider 'pulling off' and the pilotchute dancing around between rider and wingsuit flyer for a second or two before it finaly does pull her off. I could see something like that go ugly real quick.
Getting a foot or something hooked behind someones gear (wingsiuit flyers pilotchute dragged allong/off) at pulltime could make things interesting as well...

And also something you dont want to do if there are lesser skilled people chasing the rodeo. You dont want to see those chasers end up giftwrapped in your main..:P

Id just stick with the roll-off....(for which you always pick the opposing side of the pilotchute/hackey attachment). Though if all goes well, this does look awesome..B|

Again...great camerawork and flying on everyones behalf there..!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I do rember seeing an older video with the rider 'pulling off' and the pilotchute dancing around between rider and wingsuit flyer for a second or two before it finaly does pull her off. I could see something like that go ugly real quick.

Burble - bridle - WSflyer's foot... Don't want that!

Thanks!
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.