ptwob231

What do you load your reserve at....

We have all seen the manufacturer's recommendations and most of us respect their guidelines, but what do you load your reserve at and do you feel you'll be able to/have you been able to put it in a tight spot or land injured/unconscious and lived to jump another day?
If you are right at the cutoff (1.20000) then just use the lower bracket. my bad on the poll.

We have all seen the manufacturer's recommendations and most of us respect their guidelines, but what do you load your reserve at and do you feel you'll be able to/have you been able to put it in a tight spot or land injured/unconscious and lived to jump another day?

I would modify the poll... If I load it at 1.2, do I check 1.0-1.2 or 1.2-1.4... ?:S Make it like 1.0-1.2 and 1.21-1.4, etc.

do you feel you'll be able to/have you been able to put it in a tight spot or land injured/unconscious and lived to jump another day?

Yup. I've got a PDr-176 and have flown it a few times (well, not MY reserve, but a demo reserve and one on a cutaway rig I borrowed). Even the demo, which had quite a few jumps on it, flew really well, lots of flare power. I even hooked it and it'll swoop (not real far, but it will)...(that's what PD gets for putting the demo on risers with dive loops:P).

As for landing injured? No worries there. If I was unconscious? Well, I doubt I'd walk away with no injuries, but I'm confident I'd live (save I don't land on the highway or in powerlines, etc).

I'm loading my reserve at 1.59:1. 280lbs exit weight, PDr-176 reserve.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I load my Amigo 172 reserve at about 1.3 pounds per square foot. Yes, it landed gracefully on a narrow farm road, beside my freebag. The only difference in handling between my Amigo and a Sabre Mark I was that the Amigo needed a longer control stroke to fully flare.

I load mine at about 5:1, but it is a round, so... I have every confidence that I can land it conscious and uninjured without incident, anything other than that, and it's a crap shoot. hehehe

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I load mine at 1.417. I would prob be hurt if I was unconsious...but then again if I was unconsioud I would prob already be hurt... I could land it in a tight spot...as long as I could find a tight one to get to I would...
Knock on wood...3 taps... but hopefully Ill never have to use it..

-yoshi

I Load my Micro Raven 150 at 1.3lbs/foot, never had to fly it, but I've read here that they are touchy to flare, so I have no idea how I would fare trying to land it.:S
But it's the same load as my main:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

but what do you load your reserve at and do you feel you'll be able to/have you been able to put it in a tight spot or land injured/unconscious and lived to jump another day?

1.8 I have jumped it twice. Great canopy (pd106) "tight spot" is a relative term. I would not want to land it in MY back yard. Mabey in yours though? It is considerably larger than my main however.
Josh
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.