jjx247

firefly jumpsuits

Not sure if this is the right forum but...

After posting the question a couple of months back as to which freefly suit would be the best for someone of a smaller build, I finally got round to placing an order for a firefly suit.

I placed the order via fax because I've been getting no response to my emails (in over 3 weeks), but I've not had any confirmation that my order has been received (by phone, fax or email) and whenever I try calling I get the answerphone. >:( I'm calling from the UK so am limited by time (difference) and cost trying to get in touch. Does anyone know if they are having any problems, or should I just be patient and hope the order is being processed? [:/]

Really wanted to get it in time for the Christmas Boogie (getting it delivered to Eloy in expectation!) One month til I fly out, yeehaw!
:)

I really like their stuff - but they are slow. It took 13 weeks to get a single pair of freefly pants. Several phone calls had to be made as well.

I plan to order a freefly suit from them in the next few months, but I know now I'm in for a LONG wait. [:/]

I called them by phone but they were to busy to talk to a customer. I had all my measurements ready to go and I told them that. Then they asked for my name and number so they could call me back which they never did. If they don't have the time for a new customer I will go somewhere else.

I know what you mean, I'm still waiting for a camera suit I ordered 3 months ago.

In firefly's defense...they did unexpectedly lose half of their staff a while back, which is why things were slow. I think as of last week they are back up to full manning so deliveries should get back to normal.
Miami

I had a wonderful experience with Firefly. My full suit took only 10 weeks. Sherri was so incredible. She answered all my emails and had an answer for every question I could come up with the day we spoke. This was my first freefly suit, so it was crucial that everything be perfect. In fact, I had my measurements all screwed up on the form I had filled out prior to our phone conversation and she helped me out right over the phone. That was probably one of the most "interesting" phone calls I've had...well, except for a few 900# calls. j/k

Anyway, keep trying you guys. I know it can be tuff sometimes, have a little patience...you won't be disappointed. This suit totally kicks ass!!!

Here's my other review in the gear section:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gear/review.cgi?ID=337
....and a pic of my suit is attached. :)
----------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.

If you're in the UK, why not get in touch with Matter (www.matterclothing.com), which is located in Spain?
They were extremely fast in building both my boyfriend's and my suit (3 weeks). Excellent customer service, and excellent quality jumpsuits. Their freefly pro-concept is just awesome. And I think that this month they have a little special deal going on that if you buy a pro-concept, you get a pair of freefly pants for free.
Talk to Cedric Dummond.
-T

My full suit took only 10 weeks

Sounds like a long time. Flite Suit/Bomber Freefly is 6-8 weeks, and faster than that if you pay for a rush upgrade.....

Yeah I guess, I wasn't in a hurry though. I could have put in a rush order and had it in six weeks, but my new rig was not finished anyway.;)
----------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.

Heck, 6, 8, 10... I'd take any of those & fall over @ a 3 week delivery time. All my suits have taken just over 3 months. And even then there've been mess-ups.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Yeah I know, I talked to Cedric and Matt just last week as they are making suits for my s/o's team at the moment and gave a lead time of 3 weeks for them too. The quality of the fabric and the make is outstanding too, I can't argue that and Emanuelle looks stunning in hers too!

Problem is, I really wanted a 3-piece suit, freefly jacket, camera jacket and freefly pants, preferably in supplex fabric too and the firefly suits were heartily recommended by other DZ.commers.

I can't access the matter site from my pc either for some reason, it just freezes up. What, if any is the difference from their original freefly suit and their proconcept suit?

It's too bad they don't make the 3-piece yet. Maybe that's an idea you can throw in Cedric's court and see what happens.

There's a lot of differences between the original and the pro-concept. To name a few, they use spandex inserts or Flex-fit to allow for a more tight cut suit but yet comfortable and flexible. This detail looks and and feels really good (especially when you're sitting on a packed otter).

The proconcept is also much tighter than your average freefly suit. As the fabric is heavy, they use much less. That is supposed to provide less interference with air for a "cleaner" flight. When I originally ordered mine, I didn't order a tight fit, and first time I jumped it felt like I was a baloon! Now it's being adjusted to maximum tightness.

The proconcept has leg grips, and arm grips. The latter upon request. Overall, it's more advanced and more stylish.

Hope that helps! :)
Thereza

This is a pic of one leg of my Firefly freefly pants...not much drag, huh? The jacket has even less drag and a spandex panel in the back. Sherry's new cut for petite women is worth the wait...imho. Yes, I am an RW girl, so I probably shouldn't be answering, but Sherry knows how little drag a little thing like you or I would need to fall faster. I design clothing for a living, so quality is important to me. I really think that Firefly suits are top quality.

Just talked to Ms. Firefly today...

Just so those of you who don't know... Firefly moved from CA to IA this summer. So the time off for moving always puts things in a bind and after speaking with her she is doing everything she can to get her delivery time back to where it should be.

All of the Firefly stuff is really exquisitely made and some of the finest attention to detail I have ever seen in a jumpsuit... well worth the wait folks!

I got a FF jacket, Camera top and FF pants just before I was injured in February and now that I have started jumping again I can't wait for the bootie pants I ordered to match the rest of the suit. If the bootie pants are anything like the rest... WOW! As soon as it gets here I will post photos... this suit is total custom!

Firefly rocks

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

FWIW, you may have better luck ordering through a dealer rather than direct.

I'm a dealer, and i'm having no better luck with Firefly. I know she's moved recently, and the last time I spoke with her, she said she was the only one sewing suits right now. I have tons of patience (as do my customers, obviously), but it's starting to wear a little thin.

UPDATE::::

Talked to Ms. Firefly today and she is turning suits out left and right.

She also said she's shipped my new pants and they should be here tomorrow! :)
I'll post photos when they get here... my exquisite Firefly 4-Piece suits!

GraficO

PS... definately worth the wait! You can't rush perfection! B|
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

Dude, awesome. You're gonna love it. That's good news she's doing better since the move. Man, they rock.

This might be a stupid question, but what is a 4-piece suit? Do the arms and legs come off or something???
----------

I just got my freefly pants back from Firefly - being repaired. It did take a long time but in the end they did an amazing job - were very shredded and now look new again - and Sherri did not charge me for the repair work. I think their workmanship is excellent.

I've had nothing but great dealings with Sherri. I bought my first suit from her, and even after some jumps when it was apparent that I needed more drag (my fault not hers), I called, explained what I needed, sent it out overnight, and had it back in four days free of charge. You can't beat that!!
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

I faxed my measurements for a freefly camera suit over months ago and haven't heard anything. I did talk to Sherri beforehand and she said they were moving from Venice, CA to Des Moines, Iowa. Firefly suits rock. Does anyone have a contact number? I've waited this long I don't mind waiting a little longer as long as I know they are still in production ... :S:S:S
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."