bdrake529

Lodi - Jan 17-18

WOW. What a great weekend. Thanks, guys.

I had originally been planning to head down to Eloy or Elsinore this month as a warm-up for Puerto Rico....until I saw this thread. Some of the most fun I've had wingsuiting so far.

The in-air radios really cleaned up the transitions between points with short, useful phrases like: "complete", "make your move" and "everybody close on the homo".

Here's the video (watch in full screen for best quality):
http://vimeo.com/2900544

I stayed up late last night putting this together (after driving back from San Fran), but had a frustrating time getting a hi-res version uploaded today. YouTube seems to arbitrarily decide if you get to see a high-quality version and after multiple (time-consuming) tries, I gave up. Vimeo seems more reliable, but took forever due to a long queue.

Avery shot actual "camera man" footage above the flocks on Saturday, but I didn't get his footage since he shoots in AVCHD and I'm not set up for that. So unfortunately all I had was footage from within the flocks, which doesn't always convey the multi-points as well.

Yes, I know. I need to tape down my LCD view panel. Good thing it didn't rip off. My TonFly camera box should be here before I jump next so it won't be an issue.

Thanks to everyone for the great weekend.

Blues,
Brian Drake

Nice job there Brian... Glad I gave you my tape as I would not have gotten something out that fast! The only thing I missed seeing was the near double tail head slap I did on Mike and Monkey on the last dive when I went from Top video to back flying lead :P

Really nice job on the quick video put together!

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

The only thing I missed seeing was the near double tail head slap I did on Mike and Monkey on the last dive when I went from Top video to back flying lead

Unfortunately, that didn't read well since it goes by really fast and it's hard to tell how close you were (objects in the mirror...)
Brian Drake