DSE

Jason's new nylon

I find it odd how this "tradition" has started even though it's a mistake and reveals a confusion as to the true traditions of this board.

As a BMCI, Scott teaches a lot of first flight courses and as an active member of this board, he regularly announces to the rest of us when a new bird has joined the flock by posting shots of himself standing next to the first flight student. By and by, this style of shot (teacher with new wingsuit student) became known as a "Campos(TM)".

Scott never posted pictures of himself next to a person with a newly arrived wingsuit so there's no basis for requiring Scott to be in these types of shots.

Yet those who don't pay attention to details (a large number of those on this board, apparently) somehow decided, despite lack of any evidence, that a "Campos(TM)" meant a picture of a newly arrived suit including Scott. And since, as noted above, a genuine "Campos(TM)" shot only occurs in real life when Scott teaches a first flight course, Photoshop has been required to add Mr. Campos to these "my wingsuit just arrived" shots. Ironically, in trying to "preserve" this mistaken tradition, the actual tradition of requiring new suit shots to be taken at the office (and including at least one co-worker with a "WTF?!" look on their face in the background) has been slowly abandoned.

So get with it people! There are 2 DISTINCT traditions that need to be preserved here:
1. Any shot of a first flight student must include Scott Campos' likeness in some form.

2. When you order a new wingsuit, you MUST have it shipped to your office and you MUST try it on during working hours and post a picture of the ritual.

Is it really that hard a thing to keep these important things clear?

...just cranky that I'm in the office today working instead of outside jumping.
Brian Drake

OMG....what a rant;)

Let me go to my medicine cabinet and see if I can help........let see; we have adderall, and adderall XR, concerta, straterra, lexipro, paxil, zoloft, lamictal, risperdol.....and my favorite wellbutrin; the antidepressent/anti anxiety without the sexual side effects.

Send a PM with your ship to address, I'll send some pills. Pop the pills, with a whiskey chaser, go rub one out and you will feel much better and less cranky!

Hope your leg is healing well:)
Blues!

I really wanted to try a wingsuit but not if I HAVE to do anything stupid like a picture party.....

I really wanted to try a wingsuit but not if I HAVE to do anything stupid like a picture party.....

I teach first flights. no pictures guaranteed! :D
Get a few more jumps under your belt first (assuming your jumps #'s are correct)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?