boyd38off

night flock

nah - no photoshop. 50 feet of electroluminescent cable. We also had some pyrotechnics for the flight, but they failed.

If you guys think THAT's gay, then how about flying the wingsuits off a futon?? I know... SUPER gay.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"

nah - no photoshop. 50 feet of electroluminescent cable. We also had some pyrotechnics for the flight, but they failed.

I've seen electrolumiscent cables. But I have to say you used a really bright model or you used a long exposure -- most battery powered EL cables I have seen aren't that bright, but definitely TRON.

How did you power the EL cables so brightly?

I have lots of battery powered sets like that, and they're all as bright, if not brighter.

I think it's down to the brand that you have - damn i sounds geeky on neon products...

Anyhow, looking at the sky would suggest a slightly longer exposure too, which would have helped a bit.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I have lots of battery powered sets like that, and they're all as bright, if not brighter.

I think it's down to the brand that you have - damn i sounds geeky on neon products...

Anyhow, looking at the sky would suggest a slightly longer exposure too, which would have helped a bit.

I think its brilliant, excuse the pun

I want some
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

I got me glowsticks for my night jumps, they were fun to hand out. You can bulk buy 1000 glowsticks $39.99 from eBay -- yes 4 cents per glowstick.

But I think EL cables are tons of fun, sci-fi and TRON like. I guess the technology of battery powered EL cables have improved since the last time.

A concern: Risks of entanglement, such as pulling a PC under a cable. It does heighten the risk of a jump, especially with the wind flapping the EL cable a little. But the EL cable I've seen is somewhat thin and fragile enough to be snapped by the forces of a PC. Fun though, if cable was stitched or installed properly. How tough was this particular EL cable, anyway?

I was on the flock with the guys playing video guy. The lights did not effect our night vision because you could turn on/off the lights from the power source (9V battery). I got some pretty cool footage from the flight of JVH1727. Its all on his camera and they are in Twin Falls right now. I'll get it posted as soon as they return.

Wow, how did you get the cable to stay on the suit??

2000 staples... ;) Don't tell Phoenix Fly
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"