PhoenixRising

Testing of new SUPER XS= astonishing results

Today Jeff and Tony jumped the new SUPER XS prototype. with fast forward speed we've attained an ascending airspeed of 35 MPH!!(sustained):D
with new wing reach(cutaway system)- No handles, no tabs , no cables, no velcro, no zippers. And you can reach the slider and toggles fully zipped. See attached pic

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Yeah I emailed Jeff and this is what he showed me.

You can tell they moved the bottom surface forward of the knee, and the leading edge above the shoulder.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

I don't know about the ascent speeds, but I have watched Jeff in his suit, ascend against the horizon for 5 to 10 seconds while I was under canopy. I've seen a lot of people slow down big-time, but this was the first time I'd actually seen someone go up. Astonishing.

I don't know about the ascent speeds, but I have watched Jeff in his suit, ascend against the horizon for 5 to 10 seconds while I was under canopy. I've seen a lot of people slow down big-time, but this was the first time I'd actually seen someone go up. Astonishing.

It might be astonishing but no matter how you slice it, but separate from that it is a simple matter of Physics. Your translating horizontal speed for lift and that lift generated is going to be dependent on the lift generating capability of the wings. IF a suit will go faster forward it has a better chance of generating more lift and thus approaching a 0 or a negative decent rate for a short period of time. It has to be short given the thrust is generated by gravity and unless we throw out the laws of physics completely..... well you get my point!

The suit looked amazing and Jeff could generate huge amounts of forward speed with it along with a slow fall rate. A sustained vertical accent I do believe nor do I think is possible with no thrust.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Nope Photoshop actually turns out much better results than that. He really went to the circus and stood in front of one of those fun mirrors.

Nahhh.....it was done on his Iphone:)
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com