unclecharlie95

Photos of my Stealth Yin Yang :)

They look similar but still different..... :P

Scott C.

The orange Tony suit I am wearing in the pic is a pre-SM1 prototype not a SM1. But it is close enough for comparison I suppose.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

The orange Tony suit I am wearing in the pic is a pre-SM1 prototype not a SM1. But it is close enough for comparison I suppose.

Damn, y'all are picky... I STILL say They look similar but still different..... :P

Tristan got the suit in Sept I think so hopefully this is a "current" SM1... But with the tinkering that has gone into the suit I am not positive... I am sure some one will correct me again if I am again not showing a Stealth vs. a "real" SM1 :S

Scott C.

Edited to add: A quick looks shows distinct differences in leg inlet design and placement, also differences for the top O arm arm wing inlets.. More curve to the shape of the Stealth wing and it also looks to go slightly further down then the SM1. Leg wing on the SM1 looks to go a little longer but the spread on the Stealth is wider.. Not quite a Portuguese whore stance though..

Let the endless debate continue about who did what and who stole what idea... Didn't Tony have webbies tha he dumped and obviously stole the wing grips from another design.. As far as I can tell Robi and Jari teamed up 10 years ago and started Birdman so if you want to go back that far, then Tony and others are just copying them! And go back another step we all benifited from Patrick and his design that has been modified from... I say let the market take us were it is going to go and if the market today is in the big suits then the makers are going to follow that trend.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Yet another proto:)
Too many proto's made it out on the market mostly by the request of customers that Tony was more than happy to fulfill.

Funny side note the suits Patrick originally made were Tonysuits made with the inseam, arm seam and sides left not sewn then Patrick added his wings.

After Patrick's accident Tony lost interest in wingsuits.

As far as the over the shoulder zips go, Zune and Loic made them on some proto's years ago.

I never saw them before I suggested them to Tony. I found out from Zune at FnD3.5.

Personally I was happy to see the Stealth because it was vindication to me. There was no other suit being "mass" produced that had large wings before the Mach1 and Super Mach1.
You can mention the GS1 but not too many of them were sold. And the suit had alot going against it at the time.

There are only so many ideas that can be recycled with a fresh twist such as wing gripers. there is no suit out there that has the kind of wing tip grips our suits have, PF's are more like pockets, Loic's stick straight out on the Profly. in order to make the wing tips bigger you have to have something to hold. I hated the ones on my Skyflier (more accurately the lack of). What about booties and zippers and airfoil shaped ribs its all the same just a little different;)

Quite frankly I thought a suit like the Stealth would have come out sooner. I just am glad there is finally a contender for the SM1

I've got my predictions can't wait to try one.

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Funny side note the suits Patrick originally made were Tonysuits made with the inseam, arm seam and sides left not sewn then Patrick added his wings.

After Patrick's accident Tony lost interest in wingsuits.

Are you talking about Patrick De Gayardon?!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

James - why did you move the tail BACK inlet higher up from the production suit? on the website i see the inlet is on the calf - yours are placed higher up on your leg. personally i think lower is better especially since its airlocked. or am i mistaken?

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

never flown a stealth, but i'd like to try it.
i've tryed a SM1 in Arezzo, fly great, SUPER Glider ! but i dont like the wing cut-away system. easy problem if the zip is not 100% closed when you try to open the velcro...

now my 2 questions:
1- James, can you post some pictures and explanation of the Stealth Wing cut-away system ?
2- Is the SM1 cut away system still the same it was in september or has it been changed ?

tnx.

p.s. Tristan, are u jumping in Locarno ? i would like to join you to put some jump togheter !!
Marco "Pazzo" Pistolesi
pistolesi.marco(at)gmail.com

tnx J, clear.
looks cool,is the system always right hand on right handle like it was before or is it cross (i mean R hand on L handle then pull and vice versa)
I ask because the c-a yellow cable SEEMS quite long (more than the arm) to be used as before.

have someone got some pictures (or a sequence like J. did) of the SM1 cut-away system ?
Marco "Pazzo" Pistolesi
pistolesi.marco(at)gmail.com

tnx J, clear.
looks cool,is the system always right hand on right handle like it was before or is it cross (i mean R hand on L handle then pull and vice versa)

Right hand pulls right cable, left hand pulls left.

You don't need to pull the cable all the way out to free your arms like on the side of body tabs. It works nicely.

Remember to wipe your cables with silicon every now and then...
BASEstore.it