boyd38off

Colorado goes Ghost

Orders were sent in today... All of the main crew (about 7 now) just placed orders for the PF Ghost. A bunch of us flew them in Moab and were impressed. I can't wait for that box to show up! Anyone have a Ghost with a BASE pocket on it?
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"

No BASE pocket on mine so I have no input on that front but can say I love flying it. There were a bunch of them flying at the WestCoast Wingsuit weekend boogie last weekend. UncleCharlie was there and had a few Ghosts for people to try. Those that did liked them. If you look at the pictures "UC" posted you can see lots of Ghosts over Lodi. Just a really nice suit!!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hell yeah Boyd. I cant wait for the "flock in a box" to arrive. We will all need to go out put some jumps together once it shows up. What was everyone's delivery times like on the Ghost. Scott. I've been reading your reviews on the suit and appreciate the input. I was one of the guys in Moab that got my shoulders rocked on the first few jumps. How many jumps would you say it took for you to feel little/no fatigue. Most of us are moving up from Phantoms. Can't wait, this suit rocks.

Question to those who upgraded from a Phantom. I have roughly 40 WS jumps (20 on a Phantom,10 on S-Fly, 10 on a Phi, 40 on Prodigy + Access that I don't count) and considering a purchase.
Being a tad on the heavy side (92kg) and wanting to flock, is it feasible to go straight to the Ghost where the added surface could help with stay with the floaty skinny scarecrows ? Or is it completely unreasonable ?

Right now I am 84kg and 1.7m tall. My progression was a Classic, GTi, S3 to my own Phacro and recently a Ghost. I think I had 80 jumps before flying the Ghost. The Ghost is a slightly different flying style from the Phantom, but not much. I have a much easier time flying in flocks or just busting it for time and distance. The range of the suit is remarkable. The pull is about the same as on a Phantom. The arm wing is a little larger, but it doesn't seem to get in the way. Talk to the PF folks and see what they say about your skill level and demo availability. There are a lot of great suits out there, and the Ghost is one of them. I don't work for them, just a happy customer.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I can't wait for that box to show up!

When I ordered the first group of phantoms for the old crew (like RJMoney who moved on to less famous places) - I took a photo of the four suits lined up on the floor... It was impressive.

Can't wait until I see seven lined up. In the sky is better.:P

Question to those who upgraded from a Phantom. I have roughly 40 WS jumps (20 on a Phantom,10 on S-Fly, 10 on a Phi, 40 on Prodigy + Access that I don't count) and considering a purchase.
Being a tad on the heavy side (92kg) and wanting to flock, is it feasible to go straight to the Ghost where the added surface could help with stay with the floaty skinny scarecrows ? Or is it completely unreasonable ?

I have maybe 80 phantom jumps, and a few prodigy....

I had fun with the ghost the first time I flew it. Did not seem to be that challenging to fly somewhat dirty in a flock - but I have not learned yet how to punch it like I can on my Phantom with only 4 demo jumps... At the end of the flock I tried to punch it, and it felt like a Ford LTD, because I did not know yet how to "feather the clutch" -- if we are keeping the car analogies going. I can feel it has the power, just have to dial it in.

Note - unlike what someone else said, the extra fabric on the wings DID get in the way of my 1st pull - and another experienced wingsuit pilot experienced the same. Not quite like the V2, but enough that you feel the fabric as you put your hand on the hacky... Be completely comfortable with the possibility it will take more than one try to get the hacky in your hand until you figure out the suit.

The Colorado “flock in a box” finally arrived today! They were so nice that we had to try on all of them. Too bad T-Dog, Roland, and Virgil could not make it out for the dress rehearsal. Sorry guys!

Of course the weather here turned Sh*%$y last night so we can’t jump them today. Lets all hope for good weekend weather.

Pictures are as follows:

-#1 and #2 are me in my actual suit surrounded by the flock (also got a new rig this week. Merry Christmas to me)!

-#3 and #4 are me Boyd and John having our way with our friends suits.

See everyone in Puerto Rico!

Box full of wingsuits: $7000

The look on your friends' face when they see the photos of you wearing THEIR new wingsuits... naked.... PRICELESS
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"

Chubbing the new nylon... One guy alone I can see, you know that intimate moment with the new toy but damn, you CO boys don't hold back, chubbing is a social activity!! Has the winter been that long already?

;)

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

So I was taking an FAA test... I walk out to my car thinking, that is the most f***ed up thing ever, none of the questions in the test bank were actually given to me... At least I passed with 85%...

I think... What else could go wrong today. Then I see "one missed text message".

"Your wingsuit just got raped".

And then I thought, "Yes, the day could get worse.:P"

Judging from that 3 way picture, it must've been a horrid train they had that night, glad that picture didn't get posted. Suit abuse that repulsive is rare, except for that guy that actually pulled stitches out of a phantom to attach strings.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Judging from that 3 way picture, it must've been a horrid train they had that night, glad that picture didn't get posted. Suit abuse that repulsive is rare, except for that guy that actually pulled stitches out of a phantom to attach strings.

pulled stiches out of a phantom to do what?!
"he knows what its like to be dieing, so he knows what its like to live"