sdctlc

Jumping an Infinity as WS rig

OK, I was looking at an Infinity I have as a possible WS rig. 2 things come to mind. I can put dynamic corners in on the main tray but am curious if anybody has done this and how it is working. That is a pretty easy mod to do and I just am curious about feed back from those with and with out this regarding WS jumps

Second is on the lateral from MLW to back pad there is a peice of stiff fabric that is progressively wider as it gets to the container over the weebing that actually connects. This seems as though it might be an issue. I have not had a chance to put my WS on it yet and if your jumping an Infinity is this an issue fior you..

Thanks,
Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I jump an Infinity and have never had any issues with it wingsuiting. I do not think you need the dynamic corner mod. The lateral webbing really in not much of an issue (it just fits kind of tight if you are only skipping one hinge knockel).
I have jump quite a few different rigs with wingsuit with no special mods (Talon, Javelin, Infinity, and Eclipse).
I really do not recommend the Eclipse though as the packing tray is sew up and inch or so at the top of the packing tray heading towards the reserve but if you collapse for long enough to lose all forward speed they are fine
Kirk

Second is on the lateral from MLW to back pad there is a peice of stiff fabric that is progressively wider as it gets to the container over the weebing that actually connects. This seems as though it might be an issue.

Looks exactly the same as the laterals on my VectorII. I've had no issues hooking up a wide range of wingsuits.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Scott:
I have seen folks do just fine with no mods. When I first starting jumping my wingsuit I had some nasty openings and LONG pilot chute hesitations. This was with a Talon FS container, without dynamic corners and stock bridle length. More than likely it was a result of me as a beginner to getting used to completely shutting down my wings.
After reading Scott's book I had Rigging Innovations install a 9 ft bridle and open up the bottom pack tray corners. No opening issues ever again. I pack with the lines up. The extended bridle gets the pilot chute out of my burble nicely. Fellow birds who watch my deployment say that the deployment bag comes off my back clean on a nice 45 degree angle.
Without the wingsuit I still jump this container in the same configuration, extended bridle, dynamic corner, and packed with lines up (toward reserve); no issues.;)

Do a test on the ground: pull the bridle at ~30 degrees to horizon and see how much force it takes to open your Infinity.

On my Infinity, pulling from full flight with momentarily collapsed leg wing and 9ft bridle and 30" PC causes 1-3s PC hesitations most of the time. The reason (and it took me some time and some rig modifications - dynamic corners, longer bridle, and larger PC (none of them helped) - to figure it out) is that Infinity's pin cover flap is designed in such a way that the almost horizontal pull force tries to pull the upper portion of the flap towards your legs while the folded bottom portion jams it. What you have is a momentary container lock until your glide decreases substantially.

Of course, if you mostly do this thing called 'flocking' (that is, falling like bricks with bodies oriented parallel to each other creating the illusion of 'flying'), then this should not be a problem. ;)

Yuri

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Scott, I have an Infinity, a Wings, and a Javelin. They all work just fine for a wingsuit. The only one that has the open corners and a longer bridle is my Wings, and I notice no difference in openings when jumping any of them.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Cool and thanks for all the responses. I am just curious as to the responses and they are sorta what I was expecting. I have the infinity and I dont jump it as much and was thinking it might be a good switch for my WS. I will hook it up and see how it goes and see it if i want to add the dynamic corners. I am guessing a good pack with a good PC toss (extended bridle) should make for no worries.
Thanks again
Scott C.

Scott, as you probably know my w/s rig is an Infinity. The wide laterals are only a minor problem. I jumped without dynamic corners for quite a while but had Velocity Sports do the mod after having too many spinners. As testimony to how (in)effective the mod can be I had a chopper on a spinning mal on my first jump after the mod was done:P I had to use a different skipped tab configuration on my V-2 as compared with my GTI and S-3.

I hooked up my V-2 to my other, much smaller, Infinity and it seemed to be fine but I haven't jumped it.

Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Scott,

Both of my rigs are Infinity with Wingsuit corners and long bridle. You are welcome to jump either any time you want. My Gold black rig should fit your main just fine and has the mods you want.

Let me know if you are interested?

Bob
Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.

I had Kelly send me a pair of corners for my rig and I put them in on friday hoping to jump it this weekend. The install was quick, easy and looks good.. I will have to wait for next weekend to give them a whirl!

I know that many of you said "No Problem" but I like to try to take some of the variables out of the mix so I figured it was a small thing to add them. Besides, it was fun to doink around with the rig anyway. A bonus is not only does my main fit better, the rig will match my new wingsuit, here in about 3 few weeks hopefully.. Who wants to buy a Phantom built new last October, its in great shape!! It will get tossed in classfieds in a few weeks I am guessing...

Scott

You're selling the Phacro to buy what? You did take the d-bag out when you installed the corners, right?:P Plan on trying out the rig and new mystery suit about the middle of July when it stops raining.

Sometimes you eat the bear..............