SkymonkeyONE

Tony Suit Raptor pics

Hi Ed

As i understand it ...

The Mach 1 has a slightly bigger wing. The lower edge on the Mach 1 is down to my knees. The raptor is a very similar design but the wing is about 2 - 3 inches shorter (if that makes sense).It finishes about 2 -3 inches above my knees.

I'm not 100% sure without comparing both side by side but i think that the leg wing is similar on both suits.

The raptor is still a high performance suit, but (according to Jeff and Tony) it should be slightly more forgiving than the rocket which is disguised as the Mach 1. :)
I will let you know once i put some jumps on it (we're having a bad weather day today).

I hear that you've got a demo (Mach 1) on it's way to you, wait till you fly that bad boy !!!!

I hear that you've got a demo (Mach 1) on it's way to you, wait till you fly that bad boy !!!!

I flew over to Lodi today and picked up the Mach1. I'll jump it this weekend.

Be safe
Ed

Ed,

I will look forward to your impressions of the Mach 1

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Ed,

I will look forward to your impressions of the Mach 1

Scott C.

Sorry Scott, it was -15 at altitude today and too cold for me, so I flew my plane around all day with the heat on........ :D

Maybe tomorrow. :)

Be safe
Ed

edit to add, yes, Dave was a much tougher, snot slinging man....... :P
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Sorry Scott, it was -15 at altitude today and I too cold for me, so I flew my plane around all day with the heat on........ :D

Maybe tomorrow. :)

Some of us braved the fridged weather for a Mach 1 flight today at Lodi. However, I'm still a bit of a newbie and wouldn't be able to give as comprehensive of an M1 review as papa Ed... but I was all smiles under my face mask. B|

Sorry Scott, it was -15 at altitude today and too cold for me, so I flew my plane around all day with the heat on........ :D

I cant blame you. We had that type of weather (we thought) and some low clouds comming through a week or so ago. Grabbed a 182 and flew around for awhile and decided to go over to a nearby DZ to see what was up. A load was up and turned out it was warmer in the air then on the ground by more then 10 degrees. Stupid us, Not having our rigs wihth us we got back into the 182 and flew back to the DZ and got a few in.. Goes to show you never know... Well if some one put thermals on then I guess you do .... :P. The good thing is it got my flying bug going again, not that it was not there before but I have been fighting to get flight time for this and that reason.. Not all of us can fall out of bed into our hanger ;).. Yes I am jealous

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Not having our rigs wihth us we got back into the 182 and flew back to the DZ and got a few in.. Goes to show you never know...

Well there's your mistake right there.....:D

The good thing is it got my flying bug going again, not that it was not there before but I have been fighting to get flight time for this and that reason..

Awesome you got the bug back Scott

Not all of us can fall out of bed into our hanger ;).. Yes I am jealous

Sometmes I just sleep in my hanger........:P

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Not all of us can fall out of bed into our hanger ;).. Yes I am jealous

Sometmes I just sleep in my hanger........:P

Be safe
Ed

Scott is right! That is a very nice deal you have there. I'm more happy for you than Jealous with a little envy but nothing hostile, mostly joy, yeah thats it.

Hi there

I didn't go straight to the raptor after the GTI - in fact i flew the Mach 1 first ....:)
I don't think jump numbers are the key thing to compare because everyone progresses at a different rate.

If there is an experienced wingsuit instructor locally then i would suggest talking to them before changing onto a higher performance suit.

If you are already flying your suit pretty much to it's full potential and you are happy to fly a bigger wing (remembering the differences that this makes at pull time etc) then i would suggest you may be ready to move up a grade.

But it is a good idea to get a thorough briefing on the new suit first (different cut-away procedures / body position etc) ...

If you live anywhere near Z-Hills then go see Tony and Chuck otherwise speak to Ed / Chuck or one of the other experienced W/S pilots and they will point you in the direction of someone locally who can help you. (Jeff is often travelling around with the demo suits and maybe planning a trip to a DZ near you) ...

I hope this helps ...

James

WEll, I finally got to fly a Raptor at the PR boogie and let me tell you; it is the best suit I have used for flocking. As everyone has different body sizes (I am a big guy 6' 210) and flying styles I have found the suit that works best for me when flocking. We had a flock in the high 50's which made me work and I actually dropped out due to some burble action; I was able to float it right back up with no problem. On faster flocks it was also super friendly and stable.
I have flown the MAch 1 on like 15-20 flights and it also kicks ass but I dont really feel like i need the extra wing for flocking.
I just wanted to give my input and I really think that everybody should give this model a few flights and see how they like it... I obviously think its the shit.
Blue skies and fat clouds for the flockers...

Dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I also got to fly a Tony Wingsuit in PR. It was the Aerobatic suit and I loved it. I am a newbie to WS but the suit let me jump right in on some flock dives and really was a joy to fly. In addition to a great performing suit it is easier to gear up than other brands. I look forward to trying the Raptor and/or the Mach 1 before I order a suit.

-CG-
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray