DZSLK

Again!!

:)Great effort & Nice story .

I just love the idea that we may be able to go back up!

Do you have any plans to do some base launches?

Could it be possible to get enough altitude after a base launch to land back at the launch site?

This may help a little ....
In R/C model jet's they sometimes use plasma bags as bladder tanks similar to your water bag idea. These are more fuel resistant and don't react so much with the kero.

:)

Could it be possible to get enough altitude after a base launch to land back at the launch site?

How? Mr Jet-Visa told that he had some minutes of horizontal flight. So he has lost/used some altitude to build his speed. You could read out from his post, that this system was designed to have horizontal flight and not for gaining altitude. I dont think that you can jump from some cliff gain speed and fly back over....

I dont think that you can jump from some cliff gain speed and fly back over....

Not YET... But with bigger engines... JetCat developping BIG engines... heard of 60kg thrust....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

in reply to " heard of 60kg thrust.... "

Strapping 60kg thrust motors to your ankles (as in Visa P's Rocket Boots ) could be problematic.

It seems likely that if the power got this high you'd need a bit of help with some type of rigid support structure.

:)

in reply to "you mean like titanium legs ?? "

I was thinking more like aluminium but definitely with titanium wearing surfacesB|

... where are those old Astro-boy comics???? They could have a few hints.

Next step...true ground launching!!!...stick a skateboard on his belly and give him a long runway to pick up some speed ;]

Having been on a skateboard standing up at 30 km/h driving of a hill (standing up) I wouldnt want be on one on my belly doing 100 + km/h hehe

But come to think of it, if they get more powerfull engines it would probably be possible yea, since flying level is already possible :)

Would hate to have an engine quit on you just after take-off though (or run out of runway before taking off) :S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Would hate to have an engine quit on you just after take-off though (or run out of runway before taking off) :S

Hmmm...so what is Vmc for an S3 with the critical engine out?;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If you need some advice on r/c jet engines start poking around this site.

www.rcgroups.com

If you get in there and explain what you are doing in the right group they will love this idea and be more than happy to help out. If you need help getting to the right forum let me know.

Chris