Trae

What is the fastest wingsuit available at the moment?

The large choice of wingsuits is getting a bit confusing.

Can some-one help me by telling me what the best wingsuit is at the moment if you want to go fast horizontally.

I'm aware that some fall slower vertically due to being draggier but I'd like to know what goes the fastest forward.

Is it the Vampire from Phoenix ?

:)

I have found that forward speed is also hugely influenced by prevailing wind. You can see it clearly on a GPS track where you do one leg into the wind and one against it on the same jump.

Personally the fastest suit I have seen in action is a V1. I was in an S3 flying as fast as I possibly could and the V1 fell at the same vertical rate but disappeared off into the horizon at a frightening rate.

Simon

I don't know what is the fastest, but I think the Vampire is pretty fast...but I have been flying only GTi and Vampire.

Two weeks ago I got 58 km/h vertical average while flying faster horizontally than our Cessna 206 on jump run.
I left the plane early on the jump run and I was flying straight along the jump run, CRW jumpers who jumped one minute later told me after the jump that I was clearly overtaking the jump plane. Cessna was flying 80 kts indicated on the jump run.
So the glide ratio for the whole jump was over 1:2.6 (probably closer to 1:3, but I don't know how much faster than the Cessna I was flying)

And I know that I am not able to fly the Vampire to its full potential yet... It is so much speed and glide
:S

in rep 2 Tonto's "I got 161 mph on my suit. "

And your suit is a ..............???

....over 360 klicks horizontally is getting fairly fast.

I reckon the Vampire looks the fastest .
That extra leg area must help push it along.
The S3 felt good for tricks but a bit of a slug for speed.

How does the S5 compare.?

That's why I used the ":D" icon.

Ground speed has not been used as a means to measure aircraft speed/performance since the 1930's, and thus GPS "Data" is all just bullshit anyway.

Regardless, I've posted a speed in answer to the thread question "What is the fastest wingsuit available at the moment?" although I beleive as Piisfish said, that the fastest suit is the one with the fastest pilot inside.

Lets see if anyone has gone faster in anything. The crossing of the straights of Gibraltar worked out to an average ground (water?) speed of around 200 kmph, or 125 mph, which is still WELL below my max.

Post up. 161 anyone? If you beat it - I may even say what suit I used.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

The V1 average speeds I calculated back from the WS BASE jumps last week were in the high ninetys.

Woa Kris, you taking your suit off objects already? :o I'm out of the loop! :D

It was a one trip thing. I will not be taking that amount of risk in the next year or two. It may have made me the first Indian to have flown a WS off an object though.

Kris.