neneskydive

Wing suit jumps with crossfire

i was about 1.4-1.6 myself

I have since sold the cobalt and upsized. I now jump a espirit 120, a tapered canopy, along with my other rig, a blackjack 260 and a dagger 266....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hi.

I am starting to fly my GTI with my sabre2 170 on a wing load 1.4.

I am planning to buy a crossfire 149 (wing load will be 1.6)

Is this safe for wing suit jumps? or should I not change canopy?

See ya.
Andre.

The Sabre is definitely going to be the more reliable wingsuit canopy. A Crossfire @ 1.6 is going to be a handful with 300 jumps. Throw in the wingsuit and you're definitely looking at some wild cutaways, plus challenging post deployment procedures. I spent about 70 wingsuit jumps under a stiletto 120 (at 800+ jumps), and then upsized to a spectre 170, and I'm a happier wingsuit jumper for it.

If your goal is BASE, stay away from small ellipitical stuff, and get experience with 7 cells.

One way or the other, be careful with the crossfire. Just when you think you know what you're doing, that's when it will bite you in the ass.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Andre

Every canopy opens slightly different, with different body positions during opening. Someone that has the same canopy, wingloaded the same as you, may have great openings and on heading without line twist, and then again someone will have shitty openings with mega line twists, with the same canopy and wingloading as you are going to jump.
Elliptical canopies, highly wingloaded, are eventually going to be chopped sometime during one of your openings. [:/]
Rather then asking "is it safe for jumping in a wingsuit", I suggest you get comfortable with the canopy, before jumping it in your wingsuit, and then make the decision yourself. ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

You're so pragmatic.

At 40 dives a year, and 280 dives total, I probably wouldn't feel safe doing anything but hop and pops on a 7 cell loaded to 1.1, but as you say... we're all different.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

after 5 shops with a crossfire 84,loaded at 2;1..I went back to Sabre 2,if you like to chase freebags..??After many jumps with ws.have learned that certain things are better when we stay with in recomendations.It seems cool to want to be different,but stay with consevative to keep from getting into a bind!!! TROLL 180, with a mesh slider!!!!!!!;)
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

Hi Perry Welcome back..;o) Good to hear from you again..
:)

I have about 100+ ws jumps in my Katana 120 loaded 1.84. Just got new lines on it and borrowed a sabre II 120 while they were changing the lines..

OOOh My good the sabre II has nice predictable good ws openings.

But the katana just got a littel better landing performance so i will keep flying my best friend Katanja;o)B|
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Jari seems to be real happy with his Katana / wingsuit combination. Then again he has quite a few more jumps. I know Robert @ morpheus jumps his velocity with his V-1 and has not had any chops and seems to be happy with it. So it can be done but best bets are square more docile canopies. The Pilot seems to be getting stronger and stronger reviews.

Hi.

I am starting to fly my GTI with my sabre2 170 on a wing load 1.4.

I am planning to buy a crossfire 149 (wing load will be 1.6)

See ya.
Andre.

Me personally.......i have been jumping my wingsuit over a year with nothing but Crossfire2's....

119-WL 1.9
99-WL2.2

no reserve rides with my wingsuit yet. Now i have two riges...my 99 crossfire 2 is my wingsuit canopy, and my VX 95 is everything else.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

As a lot of others stated you may not have enough experience to be jumping wingsuits with a Crossfire. Personally I did over 60 wingsuit jumps with a Crossfire 129 and a Crossfire 2 130 wing loaded 1.85 to 1. They open fine the only thing to be aware of if you get line twist which I did 4 different times the Crossfire will start diving for the ground.
Kirk

Me personally.......i have been jumping my wingsuit over a year with nothing but Crossfire2's....

119-WL 1.9
99-WL2.2

no reserve rides with my wingsuit yet. Now i have two riges...my 99 crossfire 2 is my wingsuit canopy, and my VX 95 is everything else.

you must be good or something? lol:P
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Please note!!!! The higher wing loadings,that caused chops early on,and we all spun a few when we had under a couple hundred wingsuit jumps.It is all in the delivery of pilotchute, Nice and smooth toss,no dippen shoulders,as we learned we can jump high wingloadings,but must take care be fluid with the toss and sit into opening.
I still like the sabre 2 when all around consistancy is needed,on the road,bigger boogies,ect cause cant afford to have rig down when busy....
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived