Zoter

Teardrop super fly....well does it?

Hi guys and gals...
Im looking at 'gettin my first rig.....I have been around and around the houses....had a look at a few..2nd hand but have not really found anything I 'like' so far.
So...looks like Im going to buy new (NOOOO! I hear you all cry !)......but I have the means and am gonna ...so there !
Im looking at a Teardrop Superfly....with ZP215 main and 220Raven reserve (...cause Im a newbie...am 6ft 2inch and 200lbs before I suit up)

Any body got any reviews...points...comments on this rig?....good or bad I appreciate all the comments !

BTW Im still 'gettin comfortable in the air....but down the line Im looking at FF and RW being the araes I'd like to concentrate on.

Thanks all!

The Teardrop SF is an excellent container.
Some people prefer it, among other things, because of the Poptop of the reserve lying outside.
Never heard anything bad about it.:)Didn't ever jump one otoh...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Any body got any reviews...points...comments on this rig?....good or bad I appreciate all the comments !

Thanks all!

I've had one since April, bought new from TSE. I've found the company to be very helpful, the container is well made and it arrived on time. It's hard to think of too much to say about it really; it does exactly what's needed. It's very comfortable, but then it's made to measure, so it should be. It looks neat - no bulges or wrinkles. Shiny stainless hardware looks cool.

I haven't had any occasion to regret buying one.

HTH
John

Have jumped my clubs superfly for the last 30 jumps, was excellent so have just bought a new one. They are a good company to deal with, Chris Thomas was very helpful plus they are reasonably priced and have a fast delivery time.

If you can get to the factory at Brid it would be well worth it, to have a look at materials and colours and get some design tips.

n

I've had an SF for the last 200 jumps, I had an Atom before that. When I come to replace it I doubt I will buy another one, I would rather save for a bit longer and buy something else. They're safe and pretty well made but when I saw some Vector 3s recently you could see and feel the difference in build quality. On the one occasion that I spoke to Chris Thomas he was not very friendly or helpful. Perhaps I'm being unfair but TSE strikes me as a company that will follow rather than lead in terms of gear safety and innovation.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

When living in England, had to opportunity to see plenty, and it looks like a fine rig. It does have a pop top, which is either liked or disliked as a feature.

If you would prefer a non-pop-top rig on the same design, look at the Paratek (Germany) Next container which is also made under license by TSE (from what I recall, may be wrong) .
Remster

If you would prefer a non-pop-top rig on the same design, look at the Paratek (Germany) Next container which is also made under license by TSE (from what I recall, may be wrong) .

Actually it´s Paratec, http://www.paratec.de/. Seen some of their rigs around, they´re okay. Not sure if TSE makes them, the paratec website says it´s a german product. Anyway I like the new Aerodyne container better, but I haven´t compared prices.

Teardrops are okay too, but at least our rigger charges more for repacking a pop-top (not Javelins).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

"Dont let the snobs put you off...."??

Whaddya mean ..?[:/]

I had one for a year and the amount of comments and sneers I had to put up with about it "not being a Javelin"

Keep in mind both rigs, the TSF and the Javelin, were both designed by the same guy
"Don't ever knock on deaths door, just ring the bell and run away - it really pisses him off"

Keep in mind both rigs, the TSF and the Javelin, were both designed by the same guy

That explains why I've never seen Mike Fury and Chris Thomas at a party together...............They're the same guy!!!!

You gotta admit it's a great trick being on both sides of the Atlantic at the same time.

Mick.

We need a published "family tree" of the manufacturers. Incestuous little group they are!

Mike co-designed the Javelin then went off to make the Dolphin, maybe that's where the confusion is.

And of course Henri Pohjolainen co-designed the Javelin, then went off to make the Wings.

And those Thomas boys, well, they're just nutty. ;)

Teardrops are okay too, but at least our rigger charges more for repacking a pop-top (not Javelins).

Hehe....A Teardrop 1-Pin Pop-Top is probably the easiest rig on the market to close...
Having said that, 2-Pin Pop-Tops of all descriptions are a complete pain in the arse! :P

PS I love my Teardrop SF, easily the best value rig on the market. :)(Price starts at £625 (That's sub $1000 for all you yanks out there...)

Ru.

>>Hehe....A Teardrop 1-Pin Pop-Top is probably the easiest rig on the market to close...

Please telll my your tricks, I must be doing somthing really wrong on those.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hint: start by throwing your steel T-bodkins in the rubbish bin.
Second step, use a bit of Cypres cord and a lump of scrap iron to tie up a temporary loop. Lazy riggers fingertrap and sew a Cypres pull-up cord to the temporary loop.