ikenever

It's time

It appears that in the near future the number of wing suit manufacturers will multiply. Imagination will take us all closer to that ultimate suit or contraption. Then we look ahead to the ultimate ultimate... We need to move ahead, it's time! I'm constantly being approached by people who won't fly a wing suit and their question is doesn't it get a bit boring after a while? I wish I could step into a time machine and move "them" ahead to the near future. Then they would see that we are making 16-way tight diamonds, flying like Geese in a 30-way echelon, flying in a hybrid formation that looks like the Star Ship Enterprise comprised of wing suit flyers and people under open canopies, or even as transportation "wo too far">>> It's time we step out on a limb and invent this future. Imagine this... you're at an Air Show and a jump plane is on jump run at an altitude of 8000' (hi-vis) and 9 wing suit flyers exit and immediately form a tight diamond and I mean tight, then all of a sudden the tail man dumps then the right man on row 4 then the left man on row 4 then the right wing then the left wing then the tail of the remaining 4-way diamond then the right side row 2 then the left side on row 2 then the point as last. Would that entertain the crowd to see that diamond dissipate as described? Would that entertain you to be one of those performers? It's time

I'm constantly being approached by people who won't fly a wing suit and their question is doesn't it get a bit boring after a while?

The same goes for any form of skydiving unless you mix it up abit....

Imagine this... you're at an Air Show and a jump plane is on jump run at an altitude of 8000' (hi-vis) and 9 wing suit flyers exit and immediately form a tight diamond and I mean tight, then all of a sudden the tail man dumps then the right man on row 4 then the left man on row 4 then the right wing then the left wing then the tail of the remaining 4-way diamond then the right side row 2 then the left side on row 2 then the point as last. Would that entertain the crowd to see that diamond dissipate as described? Would that entertain you to be one of those performers? It's time

From 8 grand they had better be good to put something like that together for any amount of time, so the people on the ground can see it.
Deployment altitude for the last man will be low to say the least.
It sounds cool, but I wouldn't recommend dumping in full flight. :S
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

It sounds cool, but I wouldn't recommend dumping in full flight.

He said in the future. Canopy reefing will get so good we can deploy head-down and get a pillow-soft opening. (In 3,000 feet. ;))

Although, at that airshow I would expect jump run to be at like 30,000 feet, and the spectators would see it with their bionically-enhanced eyes.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

manifest me and Perry for that airshow demo, I can think of a bunch that would love to do that today...

Count me in too, I'm game;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey, I dump in full flight. Though, I do have a 10' bridle and 32" PC with no weight on top (practice golf ball as a handle), and I'm using the BASE PC pouch, as well as container mods and a snivelly pack job. It's not bad at all, as long as the gear is right and the throw is hard (leaving a camera off is a good idea).

I'll dump last. Getting pretty comfy with 2K.

(Though, not jumping a Sabre2 anymore, that might have to change.)
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

It appears that in the near future the number of wing suit manufacturers will multiply. Imagination will take us all closer to that ultimate suit or contraption. Then we look ahead to the ultimate ultimate... We need to move ahead, it's time! I'm constantly being approached by people who won't fly a wing suit and their question is doesn't it get a bit boring after a while? I wish I could step into a time machine and move "them" ahead to the near future. Then they would see that we are making 16-way tight diamonds, flying like Geese in a 30-way echelon, flying in a hybrid formation that looks like the Star Ship Enterprise comprised of wing suit flyers and people under open canopies, or even as transportation "wo too far">>> It's time we step out on a limb and invent this future. Imagine this... you're at an Air Show and a jump plane is on jump run at an altitude of 8000' (hi-vis) and 9 wing suit flyers exit and immediately form a tight diamond and I mean tight, then all of a sudden the tail man dumps then the right man on row 4 then the left man on row 4 then the right wing then the left wing then the tail of the remaining 4-way diamond then the right side row 2 then the left side on row 2 then the point as last. Would that entertain the crowd to see that diamond dissipate as described? Would that entertain you to be one of those performers? It's time

Well, I don't think they will become very mainstream until the user interface gets simpler.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

For those who enjoy, we're not concerned about a simpler user interface. If you think it's difficult, perhaps you don't need to play.

Remember... every wuffo could say that about skydivers challenging gravity with complicated things like... a ripcord!

Bird-Man (I'm jaded by only one brand now...), or wingsuits, are the purest form of human flight available... seems to me that anyone that wishes, will.

Chris

Chris
You know that it's only a matter of time. If we refuse to do it someone else will.

Some folks encourage, some folks discourage.

I remember back when I was a pup, I was always starving for a world record. I worked long and hard at failures to become successful. We trained like dogs to be a worthy 9-way diamond base for the largest canopy formation. We would exit the Porter from 2000' - 2500' to build our 9-way diamond base for practice. That was our training altitude. Back in those days that was unheard of. We made it happen.

Your words of encouragement will hopefully reach the doers.

B.J.

Heck, if freeflyers are dirt diving these days, why don't we? The whole concept of planning and executing a dive adds a lot of challenge and satisfaction to a discipline. Planning over two minutes of freefall can be tough, but very rewarding. Some of my most memorable flights were the ones that were planned right down to a dirt dive.

And I would definitely like to see some at demos/airshows. The Soul Flyer guys have done that and wowed crowds. The Golden Knights are rumored to be doing their diamond track with wingsuits now. Getting out a little lower and doing a smoke flock would be awesome. Just build a V that flies in a straight line, and peel off like the Atari logo.

So, BJ, where do I sign up?
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

The Golden Knights are rumored to be doing their diamond track with wingsuits now.

And it's just that right now at this stage. However, I will be taking one of the guys on a flight at WFFC as will SM1 I am sure.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

For those who enjoy, we're not concerned about a simpler user interface. If you think it's difficult, perhaps you don't need to play.

Remember... every wuffo could say that about skydivers challenging gravity with complicated things like... a ripcord!

Chris

I don't think you read what I wrote. It was a simple statement about BM suits becoming mainstream (in relation to the first post of this thread). It had nothing to do with how I personally relate to a BM suit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't think you read what I wrote. It was a simple statement about BM suits becoming mainstream (in relation to the first post of this thread). It had nothing to do with how I personally relate to a BM suit.

------------------------------------------
Physics!

I read it exactly as you wrote it...

To most of us it's a dream of accomplishing anything we chose to and we don't let hung zipper or some other serious malady stand in the way...

I think the 9 way is already filled...

...but standby as we'll need others to fill slots on the bigger ways!

Chris

Yeah I've been thinking about this for a while, have actually peaked the interest of a demo team which does most of the major airshows... just don't have many people close by to train with to get a routine down..

Don't forget to add large amounts of smoke to the mix :)

Kevin

At the World Freefall Convention AirZone, we have a perfect venue area, that get's better every year, for wingsuit, demo flock dives. That's what AirZoneXtreme is all about: entertainment, exhibition & competition. I purchased the copyrighted Stars & Stripes Airblades from Reggie Eastaugh for exibition purposes, and we spent a week in demo training with the Golden Knights Gold team several years ago. We started wingsuit, flock dives to the AirZone at Quincy, but Rantoul is a 100 times better for spectators. We'll be bringing our smoke! Don Kirlin usually has a finale air show. He and the spectators appreciate it when people stay a little longer to sign autographs.

So come fly with us if you get to WFFC. We'll be at the AirZone and in & out of the Bird-Man tent. We are arriving early and meeting with Bird-Man staff & the Air Boss before the convention starts to assure safety. All proficient, wingsuit flyers, regardless of wingsuit brand, are able to participate on the flock dives in general. We understand that you need to first check in with Chuck & Scott at the Bird-Man tent.

Check out the "Xtreme Media" page on our website. http://www.airzonextreme.com. There is wingsuit, streaming video shot by Annie, except for the Florida Key's dive and final sunset shot by Joao Tambor. On the streaming video, I'm wearing a yellow & red Classic, but now Annie, Rosalyn, I have S3's. Also on streaming video (which made CNN news), is when I became the first woman in the world to drive an Airborne All Terrain Vehicle out the back of a tailgate, drop to 7500', deploy the 1,200 squ. ft. main, and steer it for landing with the AATV inventor, Ted Strong.

For the good of the flock, fly to the AirZone! The WFFC map with the AirZone location is on the News/Events page of airzonextreme.com

Blue Skies to Everyone!
Birdbabe Olivia

Correction:

BirdMan, incorporated has no allegiance whatsoever with any promotion group and is operating independantly at the convention. On that note, the wingsuit seminar at Rantoul will be given by Chief Instructors from BirdMan, inc and is not "sponsored" in any way by any promotion group.

Another note: while coaching and first flight instruction will be available from both wingsuit manufacturers present at the convention, there will also be an actual convention Load Organizer for experienced individual wingsuit afficianados who want to play together with a little structure. That free organizer will be available all day, everyday and is not in any way affiliated with either of the two suit manufacturer vendors nor Airzone. Other experienced, BMI qualified wingsuit organizers will be putting together random flocks throughout each day of the convention. Feel free to drop by either suit vendor or the dropzone.com tent and see who is doing what. Yes, I am sure that there are going to be "end of day" flocks at the convention. I would just ask that everyone use some common sense in their planning and ensure that different groups coordinate with each other for safety sake.

At last year's convention we had an absolute stampede on the BirdMan booth, taking more than 200 people on first flights without incident. We intend to keep our safety record clean this year and are leading the charge to keep wingsuiters safe and fairly represented at this years convention as well. Once again, make no mistake, BirdMan incorporated is not in any way associated with any private promotion group or entity.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
BirdMan Chief Instructor and head representative at WFFC 2004

We are trying to hone the tight formations at Herc, with mixed results, And I get low pull slot!!!!!!

NOICE! Tell Jari and JP I said HI

PS: ask Jari what color his new Ferrari is;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey Scary! You can see yourself on our website, the "Xtreme Media" page, with the AATV drop that you shot video of. You look great on the Herc photos. Wish we were there.

I wasn't meaning to imply that Chuck was associated with AirZoneXtreme. I know he his working directly for Bird-Man. We are planning to manifest with Chuck and Scott during times of organized flock dives as read in "LouDiamond"'s quote below, although we are flying to the AirZone at particular times. Sorry for the misunderstanding. If any birdies want to flock with us at during those special times, please let us know.

C'mon Chuck; we both have blue eyes, let's fly the friendly skies.

By the way, you may not have known that Jari already is sponsoring AirZoneXtreme.

C-ya out there.

Olivia
BMI & Birdbabe

SkyMonkeyOne's quote from 'Any big ways planned for WFFC' thread"
"Either Chuck or myself will be organizing flocks daily, toward the end of the day. We will have a sign up sheet and ticket collection all through out the day, everyday.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
SKY / Birdman Chief Instructor
MFFJM#9320 / RB #835"