Rdutch

3 Minute men/women?

Peter from Norway borrowed 2 of my Neptunes the other day and did a 3:10 second skydive. After downloading the data he averaged 40mph but did a few seconds at less than 20. I did a 2:40 freefall today working with what we he told me on how he did it. But I am curious how many 3 minute people are out there. From 13'500 of course. My 2:40 was from 15'000 ft but I pulled at 5'500 forgetting to change my Neptune from bigway to birdman. Im just curious what the record is, and how many people have done a 3 minute skydive from 13'500?

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Does he still introduce himself by saying "now, look, I'm not really a people person, and I know I'm going to offend you, so I'm sorry..."

He's a heck of a laugh, actually. I edited some nice video of him flying in Norway last summer, but the copies on my web site are low quality enough that they aren't really worthwhile. If I get off my butt sometime I'll try to upload high quality copies somewhere.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom.. PM me when you get off your ass.. I've got storage space on a high speed provider just for DZ.commers. I try to host the files that would /. Skydivingmovies.com for the first week or two. My provider hates me :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The longest I have flown to date is 2 min 57 on my classic 2 over lake taupo about 150 jumps then, straight line out and then 180 turn and back to the dz, pulled at 4k and got out at 15K, 2001 did not have a neptune, so got time from my video. With my skyflyer have been working on distance and I am awaiting my S3.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Does he still introduce himself by saying "now, look, I'm not really a people person, and I know I'm going to offend you, so I'm sorry..."

Hahahahah, no he didn't but he was so awesome; he even invited me to tag along to the beach with him but I had some other things to do at the time. I had a super fun time hanging with him. Know his email address by chance? I'd love to email him the pic. I'm not sure if he posts on here or not. I loved meeting all the cool ass people in DeLand:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Nice one, Ray. That's a 40 MPH average, as well (9,500'/160s). I've got about half a dozen flights over 3 minutes. All from 13,500', usually dumping around 3,000' (I dump at ~4,000' when not going for freefall time). The best overall average I recorded was 38 MPH (my longest flight), but that was also the lightest I've been in awhile. Did 170s on Friday, but sucked it down a bit, and that was the best feeling fall rate I've had in almost a year. I don't have a Neptune, I just go off of video.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

i got 179 from 14000 on sat. Talked to jari today and will add space on birdman site to see how many more there are. Best so far was 197 from 15000 with Jari. its all about body position,not just muscle
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

i got 179 from 14000 on sat. Talked to jari today and will add space on birdman site to see how many more there are. Best so far was 197 from 15000 with Jari. its all about body position,not just muscle

Didn't Yuri and Robibird both get over two minutes off a rock somewhere?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

air is thicker at lower altitude,given base gear 300 ft pulls,and awsome flyers, yes we have started to make it longer.Thermals/warm air seems to give more lift,or is it the intense strength and focas on base,wingsuit? Rock was about 5000ft
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

air is thicker at lower altitude,given base gear 300 ft pulls,and awsome flyers, yes we have started to make it longer.Thermals/warm air seems to give more lift,or is it the intense strength and focas on base,wingsuit? Rock was about 5000ft

Last summer best numbers:

1700m (5600') rock, 3.2 km distance, 1:56 flight time. L/D about 2.1 (corrected for exit and deployment alt loss)

a slightly better flight:

1950m (6400') rock, 4.3 km, estimated time around 2:10. L/D about 2.45

bsbd!

Yuri.

Like Yuri said last year at the wingsuit BASE seminar at Bridge Day - he likes to open high enuf that he can actually tell what tree he's going to be landing in before he hits it...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Hey Yuri,

which "rocks" you talking about? - mushroom risotto in CH? Or them tall bits of granite in northern europe? :)

Central Europe, there are many very tall flights to explore. Exit altitudes are rather high, generaly above 10k'/3km so they are directly comparable to a skydive. A shroom is as high as you make it, there's plenty more altitude to gain with a better flight. It is particularily cool because after a certain point a slight gain in perfomance gives you a lot more air.

Up North the known walls are limited to about 1600m, but you land at sea level. Should be a fun season! :P

bsbd!

Yuri.