Bowie

Pull from a different angel

All mods has been added to the rig corner, bridel, pilot, and bag rotated 180 `B|

You mean grommet to pin or completely 180, grommet towards bottom by boc? Sorry that might sound like an odd question, just making sure i didn't missunderstand anything
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Great still pics. I have to agree with Ed on this one. I discussed it in a different thread and have discussed it at length with Jari. Not slowing/closing down has some major concerns especially when jumping smaller canopies. It is entirely possible to get jerked back hard enough that you fall back into your own lines. Jari has video of just such a deployment and the guy barely misses his lines but you are able to see his Protrac fly off of his head and continue on in a straight line. If your seeing your feet and tail wing in front of you on deployment you need to close down and slow down more before deploying. You will also find that your deployments are more predictable. Although I will say the canopy deployment in the video looked good. Very nice pictures of the deplyment sequence.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Very nice sequential photos. Kevin ought to add those to his site. I will have them added to the BirdMan site as well if you don't mind.

Already made an animated gif out of it.. i'm re-coding a good bit and re-organizing the website to make things more logically organized

Watched the video and it looks like you still have ALOT of forward speed as you pull judging from the angle your dag comes out of the tray and your feet get thrown forward though?

My 2 cents. If I had a camera straped to my foot, I'd chance the full flight opening, rather than bringing my feet up and risking a d-bag or bridle strike and possible horseshoe.

I've jumped foot mounts (not with a wingsuit) and I keep the camera well away from the deployment.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Watched the video and it looks like you still have ALOT of forward speed as you pull judging from the angle your dag comes out of the tray and your feet get thrown forward though?

My 2 cents. If I had a camera straped to my foot, I'd chance the full flight opening, rather than bringing my feet up and risking a d-bag or bridle strike and possible horseshoe.

I've jumped foot mounts (not with a wingsuit) and I keep the camera well away from the deployment.....

He is jumping a lipstick camera duct taped to his tennis shoe.. it really isn't an issue.

rather than bringing my feet up and risking a d-bag or bridle strike and possible horseshoe.

Which is why we don't teach people to bring their feet up to their ass in the first place. Leg wing should be closed down completely(knee bones touching) and the legs should remain relatively straight as you arch from the hip and deploy your pilot chute.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I was planing to keep this brilliant secret for my self but ok i will share it with you all. Its a weary harmful bullet cam it cant get into my lines so i have no problem not bending my knees when i pull not even to get this perfect video clip.

I do slow down before i pull but not much this is the way i am comfortable with. You can see the difference on pic 1 and 4 "just to get my bag clean":P

P.S i do have bought myself a new pair of shoes since the pic was taken;)
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

VERY NICE application of Duct tape;) Again proving the statement " Duct tape fixes everything" . As for the new shoes, hell I say just throw some Duct tape on the rest of the shoe and sport silver shoes:D
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING