judedre

is a cobalt ok For wingsuit?

Aren't you going to look at a Samurai? Mine has been great for BM jumps (even when I do get line twists:o, it flies straightB|). Just a thought since you are right there at SoBe...
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

I was one of the "Horribly Unfortunate" ones to have purchased one of the "Bad" Cobalts that Kevin Speaks of. it was a Cobalt 95 and it started out ok, but then turned nightmarish after about 70 jumps, I then went to Spinetto, I mean, Stiletto, had my first Birdman Mal, now I jump a Safire 99 loaded at 2.0:1 and it is awesome. Line twist don't matter, still straight and true. Soft every time once I figured out the Psycho pack. I would definitely place that canopy on your "Demo" list. Hope this helps.

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

I have over 200 jumps in a wingsuit under several different Cobalts and only ever had two problems, one brake fire and one incredibly bad spinner that almost killed me. The latter was due to me jumping a 75 that had been in the pond one too many times and was quite a bit out of trim.

Chuck

Cobalts love very fast deployments. One of my mentors jumps a Cobalt and always dumps it in full track for the best openings. When she slows down, she gets spanked.

So, if you want to dump in a full track like when the bag hits your feet, the Cobalt might be for you.

Demo one.

I'm a Spectre guy. Now and forever. (Yeah, never say forever)

I have about 200 wingsuit /cobalt jumps on two cobalts, sone at 1:4 and most on the second at 1:6.

The smaller one opens like its on rails with no heading change and with one exception softly. Whenever I start to have divergent openings I can, with some help, trace it back to lazy or over vigerous throws or less than perfect body position on deployment. By divergent I mean heading changes of more than 30 degrees or line twists. At Rantoul I was experiencing a batch of bad openings that SM1 helped me cure ASAP.

When I deploy in the proper position for wingsuit deployment, just a little extra attention to detail that the wingsuit demands is all, I am rewarded by my cobalts.