SkymonkeyONE

Eloy Holiday Boogie BM-I course

We (Jari and I) will be conducting a BM-I course sometime during the Holiday Boogie at Eloy. I know there are several of you who are coming who "need" to get this done, so plan ahead now. The exact dates will be finalized very soon, but just know that it will be two days between, probably, the 27th of December and the 1st of January. More details to follow.

Chuck

You slackers need to work the dates out with Jari. He leaves on the 2nd, so I am sure we will be conducting it right up front. I arrive on Christmas day and leave on the 6th, so I am all about knocking you guys out up front, that way you can take up some of our slack over the course of the boogie..

Chuck

No worries, I will be there from the 21st thru the 5th of Jan for those who can't make the later dates. Between all of us(Jari, Chuck and myself) being there we should be able to accomodate everyone. More to follow as we iron the details out.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What does the $300 cover?

The $300 charge for the BMI course covers the ground course and both ground and air evaluation. It includes ONE eval jump for the evaluator and the candidate. It does not include video.If there is a need for more than one eval jump, the candidate pays for them(slot plus instructor slot). The candidates will get t shirts, patches and gift certificates for BM if they pass the course.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

OK, here is the revised poop: If you think you have the instructional skills and can demonstrate your airskills to us, then come to the course. We have decided that there are plenty of people out there who ought to be given the chance to achieve this goal, yet are unproven in other "standard" disciplines. Smart business would be to show up early and make some jumps with the people who will be running the course. No, we are not interested in taking your money for that; we just want to give you the opportunity to show you what we expect in the air. The course is set up with an AFF Instructor Course-type Targeted Learning Objective checklist. All tasks are pass/fail and you must pass both the ground eval and air eval. Copies of the checklist will be available after today. We plan on uploading all the paperwork to the BM webpage right after we run the course this weekend in DeLand.

As to the question about "what does the course fee cover?" Well, among other things, it gets you fairly hefty discounts on suits, discounts on Wings BM edition harness/container systems, plus the course fee and evaluation jump, and course materials.

That's all for now,

Chuck

We have decided that there are plenty of people out there who ought to be given the chance to achieve this goal, yet are unproven in other "standard" disciplines.

I want to go on record as disagreeing with this move.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Make no mistake, I am not "giving" shit away. You all know my original stance on this issue. I have every rating and I wish everyone had the same who intended on coming to these courses. The fact of the matter, though, is that there are some people out there in dealer positions, and others who just have undeniable natural talent who, in the group consensus, ought to be given the opportinity to excell. That does not mean that every candidate is going to pass the course; we don't expect that they will. Just like the AFFIC, people will be given the opportunity to prove themselves. If they blow it, then they will have to regroup and schedule another course. Once again: no gimmes.

Peace,
Chuck