Vallerina

Weight training for wingsuit flying

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond...I've been away from my computer since Friday. Here is what my education is telling me:P

It doesn't really matter if you do cardio then strength or vice-versa. In this scenario, it is purely the individual's preference. There are pro's and cons to doing cardio before strength.

PRO-the muscles are nice and warm, thus reducing the risk for injury. As we all should know, it is very important to warm up before doing any kind of strength training, whether it be a 5minute jog or an hour run.

CON-depending on the duration and intensity of your cardio, your muscles may be somewhat fatigued for the strength training. The more fatigued the muscles are, the more susceptible you are to injuries; these injuries may not necessarily occur to the muscle you are working, but to other muscles for compensation of the fatigued muscle.

If you do strength before cardio, that also holds some pro's and cons. The PRO is that the muscles are already warm so you should be able to jump right into the cardio without any further warm-up. The CON is that if you do a high-intesity type of strength before cardio, the same holds true as cardio before strength in that the muscles are already tired and may cause you to "slack" (if you will).

My personal preference: I like to do a little cardio for a nice warm-up (20-30min of light to moderate intensity), then do moderate strength. I then finnish with another 15-20 minutes of light cardio as a good cool-down and also added cardio.

Play around with it for a little bit, especially with the intensity/duration of both the cardio and strength. You may find that for some strength it is better to do cardio first, whereas it may be better to do strength before cardio. Like I said at the very beginning, it is purely up to the individual.

If there's anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask!

Stacey
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Thank you very much for all the replies/input! I started my workout stuff yesterday, and I am so sore! I didn't know that I could get so out of shape in just 1 month!

Anyways, I did some pushups, and I used light weights and did the whole raise my arms in front of me and to the side thing. I want to try billvon's method, but I would need something lighter and not a dumbbell. I guess the other ones worked fine, since I'm feeling sore in the same areas that I felt sore in after my first flights.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

but I would need something lighter and not a dumbbell.

Say something lighter like, oh, I don't know, maybe a SOUP CAN?!!:P;)

:D No, not so much. I was thinking of using my ankle weights instead! I have fears of dropping soup cans.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

And what does the women's pic get across? DON'T FUCK WITH US!!!

Now you wouldn't hit a guy that only has
2 toes on one foot, from dropping a SOUP CAN on it when he was a child would you? He can't even run fast enough to get away from the ass kickin'!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
HA HA HA HA.....

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

That's not a fair question to ask. If he really deserved an ass-kicking, I'd be more than happy to give it to him. :) Although, I've found that the more ass-kickings I give to guys, the more they like it... ;)
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me