lazyfrog

what canopy do you use for wingsuitflying ?

Hmm, seems most of you admire the Sabre2... But I thought I would add my input as well. I am flying the Skyflyer and use a Stiletto 97 loaded at 2.1 to 1 with a 9 feet bridle and have not had any problems, but now that I just jinxed the crap out of myself, I look forward to this weekend.
I am assuming that all of you jumping the Sabre2 have not experienced a hard opening? I used to jump the Cobalt 95 but wound up getting whacked so hard that I was knocked out. That does not feel all that wonderful. So I went with the ole' trusty Stiletto and have had some great openings. BUT, I am curious as to you guys flying the Sabre2 97 like the openings. Please let me know. Thanks.

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

BUT, I am curious as to you guys flying the Sabre2 97 like the openings. Please let me know. Thanks.

The openings on my Sabre2 are pretty variable, ranging from better than the best to worse than the worse opening I ever had on my Spectres. With a good body position jumping the wingsuit doesn't seem to make them worse, it may even improve them a bit.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Thanks Gus, that is pretty much what the general consenses is.. I guess that it is all pretty much self preference! I was warned about jumping the ellipticals with the B-man but I have had some good luck so far. But like I said, will let you know more after this weekend. $99.00 boogie anyone??? Come flock with Skydive Alabama!

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Sabre2 97 loaded at 1.8 in my BirdMan rig. It is a brilliant canopy for this application and I also swoop the piss out of it.

That's for damn sure. As I get used to it and go bigger and bigger, I'm finding that I can consistently get 250'+ swoops in no wind. At a higher loading, you get a big, fat recovery arc that rivals anything that is highly elliptical. Tons of speed and distance. The openings keep getting better, too. I'm more impressed each time I jump it.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I just got a birdman suit. I have not jumped one before. I currently jump a Stilletto 150 loaded at about 1.3/1. I have about 400 jumps on this canopy. I see that most people recommend non-eliptical. A few say they jump the stilletto, even more highly loaded that me. my experience with the spinnetto is that it almost never opens on heading. I have only had 2 line twists in the 400 jumps. Is it the highly loaded canopy or the twisting tendency that is the issue here? Or is it that with birdman flying you are more likely to get twist on any canopy? During my line twist my canopy flew strait.

If you have off heading and spinning openings on ANY canopy, then that main is not suitable, in your instance, for wingsuit jumping. The issue is the time it takes to free your arms before you can actively get out of your twists, not the wingloading. MOST wingsuit pilots have chopped from spinners in their suits, so proper practice of your emergency procedures is of paramount importance.

Chuck