ManBird

WS vs Skysurf

Dropping like a rock (for a wingsuit)... maybe 90 - 100 MPH? Forward speed is somewhat less of where it could be. Body is arched, legs are back, and wings are in half flight, so the flyer is definitely pushing down. Arms are "drooping", and thus inducing drag, which would slow the forward speed down a bit. But there's some drive. If the legs were under the body with the knees bent, then there'd really be no forward speed.

The short answer to your question:

The wingsuit flyer is compromising their flight a fairly great deal.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

well if they dont start selling the skyray soon, might have to buy me one of those.... how much? can you make a bigger version, maybe add a stabalizer wing on the front and back? how much for that? or should i build it myself..... trial and error... thats how this sport got started....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

It is made out of carbon fiber with an aluminum honeycomb core. It is basically a board with gullwings.It has a wingspan of 29 inches and is 50 inches tip to tail. It weighs less than 4 pounds. It locks you into a pretty stable trank but forget trying a henhouse on this thing.;)

Kebe already has a red one. (board that is)
Kerry

well if they dont start selling the skyray soon

They are selling the SkyRay. You have to have about $2,800, 500 jumps, and probably something arranged with your DZ/S&TA to fly it. Just shoot them an e-mail.

I would imagine that tracking board shouldn't be touched until a good number of skysurfs have been made on both the little and then the bigger boards.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

After watching Felix open with one I'm wondering why anyone wants one. I know Perris will only let rigid wings exit tailgate planes, I wonder how many DZ's are going to impose similar requirements?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

well if they dont start selling the skyray soon

They are selling the SkyRay. You have to have about $2,800, 500 jumps, and probably something arranged with your DZ/S&TA to fly it. Just shoot them an e-mail.

I would imagine that tracking board shouldn't be touched until a good number of skysurfs have been made on both the little and then the bigger boards.

i have emailed and have gotten no response. any help?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...