TB99

How much?

How much is it to buy just the PC-link connector and where from!??

The cable isn't available separately from the software; it's an effective piracy deterrent. Shame on you if you were thinking it would be cheaper to just buy the cable and copy the software and serial code from a friend! L&B are good guys. They'll change your old ProTrack to one with a SLO mode for free so don't try and bilk them for the software. If you weren't thinking that then I apologise!

The cable isn't available separately from the software; it's an effective piracy deterrent. Shame on you if you were thinking it would be cheaper to just buy the cable and copy the software and serial code from a friend! L&B are good guys. They'll change your old ProTrack to one with a SLO mode for free so don't try and bilk them for the software. If you weren't thinking that then I apologise!

WTF is a slo one?

WTF is a slo one?

Slow-fall mode - when wingsuiting in normal mode the ProTrack sometimes thinks you've fininshed the flight early and reports that you pulled at 10,000 or some other obviously wrong altitude when in fact you had fooled it by achieving a really impressively low fall rate.

Can be a bit of a bugger when you expect to get 100+ seconds of freefall and it tells you you did 23! Slo mode seems to cure this

LOL ... nice, but no. Not what I had in mind. Their website has the software available for download and you can purchase the serial code from them for only like $39 I think. I already downloaded the software and was planning on getting the serial from them that way, but still needed the cable:P I'm confused as to how they expect me to use the software after I buy the serial from them if they don't sell the cable seperate??:S

Edited to add: Oh, and apology accepted since you had that at the end of your message;)

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

I'm confused as to how they expect me to use the software after I buy the serial from them if they don't sell the cable seperate??

I believe before the ProTrack came out JumpTrack was, and still can be used as, an ordinary logbook program, without the the freefall profile data.

Oh, and apology accepted since you had that at the end of your message

Cool :-)

I'm confused as to how they expect me to use the software after I buy the serial from them if they don't sell the cable seperate??

I believe before the ProTrack came out JumpTrack was, and still can be used as, an ordinary logbook program, without the the freefall profile data.

Oh, and apology accepted since you had that at the end of your message

Cool :-)

Hehe ... which brings me back to wondering how I can buy that cable? LOL ... I checked their website and the closest thing I found was buying a serial->USB converter for $30. I'll just email themB|

So will they drop ship you a new unit and let you return yours, or do you have to ship them yours or what? How long does it take to get a new one for SLO? Where are you shipping it to, denmark or wherever they are ?

I just emailed them asking some questions ... I'll post when I get a reply!

It's a litle more complicated than just a cable. It's actually a wireless connection between the protrack and the jumptrack cable. If you look at the back of the protrack you can see the transmit LED. The cable has a clip that the protrack sits in that has a receiver.

It's a litle more complicated than just a cable. It's actually a wireless connection between the protrack and the jumptrack cable. If you look at the back of the protrack you can see the transmit LED. The cable has a clip that the protrack sits in that has a receiver.

its not an led... its a infared diode
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Alright you goofballs, how much for the updates??? I have the slo mode now, is there a new mode for wingsuit, I know they have a new BASE mode too. What's involved with the shipping etc.
Thanks,
Blair
PS: Hey Leroy, heard about you.....can't wait to meet ya! ;)

Ok ya'll ... here's the email response I got! I'm very pleased.

Thank you very much for the nice words about our products! We appreciate
it.

It is correct that when you have the old model Pro-Track you cannot get
reliable data when jumping wing suit.
We can replace your Pro-Track with the new version, free of charge.
Please give me your mailing address to send the new unit. We trust you
will return your old Pro-Track upon receipt of the new unit.

Before you send it back you should download the data on a PC (maybe
using a friend's Jump-Track?).

The Jump-Track "2" is for jumpers who already have Jump-Track "1" and
the PC-Interface unit. I am sorry, but you will need to order the
complete package at your dealer.

On the new Pro-Track you cannot transfer the old data, only the jump
total and freefall time.

Best regards,
Mads Larsen

LARSEN & BRUSGAARD
Mosevej 3
4070 Kirke Hyllinge
DENMARK

Phone: +45 46 48 24 80
Fax: +45 46 48 24 90
[email protected]
www.L-and-B.dk

So that explains the $39 for the serial# ... it's just Jump-Track2, which I downloaded, not the original! My dealer is selling the package for just over $100 ... there's no way I want to pay that much, anyone know of a good place to buy it?
I'm really happy with the fact that they'd send me a new ProTrack on good faith that I'll send them my old one back. What an awesome crew!

I sent them another email asking if I could keep the batteries (since I just bought them less than 2 weeks ago) ... I thought it was nice of them to say yes;) The only other thing they requested was a copy of the correspondence between us when I ship back the old ProTrack. Great service!

I was wondering how it worked...

Is it possible to set it up so you can transfer your data without having to take it out of the clippy holder thingo?

I'm just thinking of the way that a couple of the people at my DZ have their Protracks set up. It would be difficult nigh on impossible to take it out of the holder. Then again, it's not going to fall out...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

No. It works just like a standard remote control works. The transmitter has to be pointed directly at the receiver. I've actually been working on designing my own audible and it wouldn't be too dificult to add this capability. That brings up a good question. What features that are not currently available in existing audibles would be of interest?

No. It works just like a standard remote control works. The transmitter has to be pointed directly at the receiver. I've actually been working on designing my own audible and it wouldn't be too dificult to add this capability. That brings up a good question. What features that are not currently available in existing audibles would be of interest?

An MP3 player!! (see my "would you buy this?" thread in talkback :)

But seriously, a headphone jack would be good. There has been a big debate on where to put your protrak for the "best" readings.. and most of the times that isn't near your ear. So then you need 2 audibles, one to remind you of your altitude and the other to record the jump.

The ability to download data without taking it our of its mount.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

That's only if you bought the software/cable combo first and then lost it or if it broke. In my email I asked, and they said I have to buy the whole combo. I don't think anyone sells just the software alone anyways. The $39 software they have is just the upgraded 2.0 version, so you had to have bought the original first. That's what they told me anyways. :S