sprtdth

Crazy CRW

Since y'all had so much fun in New England here's a reminder what's going on at Perris. Regular Perris jump prices apply for both events.
So far the list for both events is the same, I will make changes to the lists as needed

Crazy CRW

DATES 9-10 Sept - Perris Valley Skydiving - Perris CA
Organizers Ken Oka & Frank Lupica
This will be the 8th Annual Crazy CRW week end at Perris. As in the past this will be a camp for beginners and experenced alike.

The beginners will sit thru a CRW safety briefing then do one on one with an experenced CRW Dog. As the beginner progress' they will move up to bigger and more challenging dives. Often many beginners earn their USPA 4-Stack and some their 8-Stack Awards.

The experienced Dogs will be doing challenging dives including but not limited to: flying pieces, pull out dives, rotes and whatever else they can think of.

START TIME: will be 8:00am both days.

REGISTRATION
$30.00

ATTENTION: Beginners must commit to a minium of three jumps to participate in Crazy CRW. There will be a mandatory CRW Safety briefing for the beginners 8:00-9:30 each day.

As in the past Crazy CRW leads to:

BIG WAY SKILLS CAMP!

DATES 14-17 Sept - Perris Valley - Perris CA
Organizer- Mike Lewis
This will be a camp designed to learn/improve/retain our big way skills, learn new techniques, find out what works and what doesn't.
This camp always has some very innovative and technically challanging dives, don't be on the fence for this one.
Mike has said he wants to do some creative, multi-point 16-20something dives with a big way dive(s) on Sunday. This should be a really fun time!

REGISTRATION
$45.00

START TIME: 9:00am 14 Sept.

THE LIST
Mike Lewis
Ken O
Marcie L
Jeni G
Brian F
Bob F
Linda R
Cheryl M
Frank L
Russ P
Yulia K
Eric G
Terrina M
Frank C
Kurt Frye (video)

There are plenty of motels around the DZ a few are:

Days Inn (about 1mi. from the DZ) 951-943-5577
Week days $59.99 single $69.99 double
Week ends $69.99 " $ 79.99 "

Best Value Inn (about 5mi.) 888-672-1861
Week days $43.00 single $48.00 double
Week ends $60.50 " $60.50 "

Roadside Inn (about 5mi.) 951-242-0699
Week days $74.99 single $84.99 double
Week ends $74.99 " $74.99 "

On the DZ there is the bunkhouse or the IHOP. Get with the DZ on availability of these at SkydivePerris

Hope to see you all there
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

OOPS, forgot to put that in there.
It's cheaper to fly into LAX (about 2 hr. drive)
Closer is John Wayne (about 1.5 hr.)
Ontario is closest (about 45 min.)
Drive times do change depending on time of day
Hope to see ya there
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

Yes, we will have rentals available. We'll be asking for $20 a day rental to help cover shipping to/from PD. If it's someone's personal canopy the $20 covers usage and such.
We usually have plenty of hook knives (NOT the cheesy little orange ones), pilot chutes, kill cones to use if you need.
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

Wow. What a weekend. Saw old friends and made a bunch of new ones.

Thanks to Frank, Ken and Russ for taking us pups up and showing us a good time. We had docks, wraps, chops, Jack knive usage, lost/found shoes and a nice walk in a big field looking for a free bag(not found:().

Man I had a good time.

Damn this stuff is addictive. (But I ain't complaining.;))
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

...docks, wraps, chops, Jack knive usage, lost/found shoes and a nice walk in a big field looking for a free bag(not found:().
;))

This sounds too good to not have a lot of stories behind it. So, start telling. :)
Kevin

...docks, wraps, chops, Jack knive usage, lost/found shoes and a nice walk in a big field looking for a free bag(not found:().
;))

This sounds too good to not have a lot of stories behind it. So, start telling. :)
Kevin

Ooooops. Forgot to mention a probable broken wrist as well.B| Names have been withheld to protect the innocent.[:/]:ph34r:

Jump an Infinity

Names have been withheld to protect the innocent.[:/]:ph34r:

We don't need no stinkin' names (although it's easy to guess some of the usual suspects) just tell us about the CRW carnage. I'll be at Perris for next weekend's CRW Boogie. I need some foreplay to get me in the mood. :P

Kevin

Monkey! just got back to Murderapolis late last night. Thinking how I didn't set a contact with you
and here you are, cool!
Pup beats one of them record holding Dogs to the
dock and they take ya out! Ironicly it was the cleanist dock I had only because Kirk Bauer and Kurt
Frye told me exactly how to get there. Heck I brought extra shoes along just hoping to wear two
different ones home. It was a GREAT TIME!
SAFE JUMPING to all the big camp guys!
Hey how about this!

Thursday is "GIVE a HOLMVICK a HUG DAY"
His computer is down and he'll never see it coming!

Damn Pups! Much Love!
Peace!
Mark

No, it wasn't Sean. I don't remember his name. He made the first jump on Sunday and had a hard landing tweeking his wrist. He went to see if it was badly sprained or broken.

And see what you get for doing such a good job. They wrap you up and take a shoe. I played it smart and stayed under their radar by just barely making my docks.;)

Good meeting you and look forward to seeing you around. When the weather gets a bit chilly up there, you know where to find warmer weather and dogs willing to play.

:ph34r:boy

Jump an Infinity

PERRIS CRAZY CRW 2006

Weather: Morning fog, Afternoon sunny and breezy----Nice….
Participants: 21 total jumpers:
Breakdown of the demographics: 6-new/novice, 12-experienced, 3-camera, 7-riggers
States: MN, AZ, Germany, S.& N. CA;
Incidents: a broken wrist on landing, 2 cutaways, one lost freebag and a real good time.

This Crazy CRW weekend had a little bit for everyone, 1st timers to old CRWdogs.
Both days started with a circle-up and review the general CRW rules for the weekend, hard deck for docks, breakoff altitudes, landing patterns, etc.
While the newbies were in the CRW classroom, the experienced dogs paired up with low timers and the remaining group of experienced dogs had dives that were challenging and allowed them to try new slots.
Wanting to keep CRW in the forefront in the skydiving community, we handed out USPA 4/8 stack applications and ask the CRWdogs to submit them.
Sat:
Pleasant day, everybody had a good day of jumping. The novice people gain a lot from the one-on-one. The availability of video was a great help in the dive debriefs.
There were no wraps. We were excited about tomorrow.
Sun:
Well the excitement got more exciting.
Cutaway-1; First jump of the morning, the jumpers got behind the formation and Ken O as the pilot tried to sashay with Eric G in a stairstep to help them catch up……the wing came around …..Ka-chink. Chase the freebag.
Injury: On a separate dive, Dan’l L. broke his wrist on landing. He wants to thank everybody for the help in getting his gear packed up. He will be out for 6-8 weeks.
Cutaway-2; Mark T, at 15 CRW jumps, was making steady progress on each dive. He finally made a very timely dock on the tail of the diamond. But at the same time the third row wing accordioned and came around. The resulting wrap left Mark with the cutaway main entangled around his foot. He used his hook knife to cut his shoe and line free. Both the shoe and main were recovered. Way to go Mark for keeping your cool!!!
The Crazy CRW participants organized groups to search for the freebag, but were unable to find it.
One of the final dives of the weekend was a 5-way wedge with Chis P, his’ 1st weekend of CRW and his 1st wing. We were able to talk Dan BC into joining us on the dive. He only has “22 skydives” (22,000) and is not a stranger to CRW. But this jump turned out to be his first offset formation and first wing docks. “He does know how to fly a canopy and he is very quick to pickup on the instructions.” The fact that Dan was jumping with us did stir up more CRW interest from other freefallers.
The day was capped off with Yulia’s 100 CRW jump, a 4-way at sunset.

See you next year at Crazy Crw

Ken…..Caress some nylon
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

Pup beats one of them record holding Dogs to the
dock and they take ya out! Ironicly it was the cleanist dock I had only because Kirk Bauer and Kurt
Frye told me exactly how to get there.

Damn Pups! Much Love!
Peace

Mark

Mark it was nice to meet and fly with you. You performed a great dock. bonus: I didn't have to chase your free bag too!