packerboy

Wraps

Unfortunately I don't get to see a whole lot of CRW go on in my dropzone. What really amazes me everytime I see it is a wrap. There are a couple of vid's on skydivingmovies.com but not too many.. is their a special CRW dog lair dot com where I can check out some more pics and vids of wraps and cool CRW moves. You guys are awesome, keep on barking, just don't shit near my trailer.. ;)

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

More sensationalization of the dangers of CRW?

Psst. Will PM you link for vid that has some sweet CRW and a couple of aerodynamically challenged canopies.

Edit: Anyone have a link to the shots of the British 8way team exiting the CASA. Those are sweet CRW shots.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Unfortunately I don't get to see a whole lot of CRW go on in my dropzone. What really amazes me everytime I see it is a wrap. There are a couple of vid's on skydivingmovies.com but not too many.. is their a special CRW dog lair dot com where I can check out some more pics and vids of wraps and cool CRW moves. You guys are awesome, keep on barking, just don't shit near my trailer.. ;)

Wendy's place: http://www.eco.utexas.edu/Homepages/Staff/Faulkner/skydive/skydive.shtml

What british 8-way team do you mean?

I'm guessing he means the Skytribe exits out of the skyvan - when would there have been a British 8-way team jumping from a CASA? Wendy used to have them on her site but they don't seem to come up any more. The only link I could find was this old article:
http://www.bpa.org.uk/skydive/pages/articles/apr96/cfexits.htm

Martin

I remember those photographs. Saw them several years ago. Incredible sequence. Simply speaking, these guys were nuts, but then again, I believe the reasoning was that if one of them was gonna open off-heading and hit a teammate, the collision would not be so bad because they deployed close enough to each other...

Still, I don't have the balls to do something like that, not yet anyways. :o :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I didn't know you could launch CRW out the door...:S.
Billy V Buddy says hey...
Hope to see yall soon in Cullman

I usually give at least a second out the door before I pull. That was after the time I pitched just as I jumped out of Mullin's King Air and my bridle went over the horizontal stabilizer! :o :S The next guy out nearly peed himself! :ph34r: This was years ago, in the late 90's.

However for exits, I prefer at least a 2 second delay between jumpers and the jumpers alternate between 1 and 3 seconds of freefall before deployment to cut the risk of mid-air collisions from off-heading deployments. That's just a general rule...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban