Pammi

Okay, I'll be first with a question...

I've seen it done, although your line set would be something to think about. The micro lines can burn/cut your CReW buddy, with that said, I've seen quite a bit of CReW done with micro-lines.
For a teach, get your but down to Skydive Houston, home of the Houston CReW Dogz...
"I said don't look Ethel, It was too late, she'd already been incensed... "

Yeah, I'm interested in what canopies are good for CReW, and if getting a CReW-specific canopy limits your ability to do other canopy stuff, like swooping if you ever wanted to get into that.
Just on a search on Enclave, the only canopies I saw with CReW lines were Triathalons. How come?

I started learning CReW on Sabres......you will run into problems when you start working on different transitions - for example when I did CReW - I used a Sabre 135 and my partner used a Sabre 170.....due to the difference in line lengths we had to transitions certain ways.....I now have a Lightening 126......and you can get used CReW canopies pretty cheap - I got mine for $350.00 with a new line set.

Yes - a Lightening is a CReW canopy.....the 126 is the smallest PD makes - the guys I jump with use the 143......so I can gain performance under my canopy - I am having 30 pounds of weight built into my Javelin container........this keeps the weights off my body - so I will be more comfortable under canopy.

Pammi,
Like TequilaGirl says.... Also, stacks or base/pin drills should be fine. Other than that, I'm not sure if the guy/girl you pin wants to come down your microlines for a plane. I've ordered crew centerlines on my new Spectre; my previous one didn't have them. Made my coach cringe when I told him I couldn't get a Lightning for the day. :)Mark

OH! So you can basically have the same canopy, but your centerlines be CReW lines? I did actually do that sliding down microlines bit...but made sure to have gloves, jeans and a sweatshirt on.
I may have to start keeping an eye out for a used Lightening, tho, if we end up moving to an area where I can get the chance to do CReW somewhat frequently.
So TequillaGirl...why the weights? I didn't quite understand...
You're jumping a canopy that's more highly loaded then the others doing CReW with you already right? Or possibly no, because you're very small.... So basically for a more even loading?
Is there a general wing-loading idea, like 1:1 for instance, that is a good starting point if one were to look for a CReW canopy?
Closing pin jewelry

I have seen the following three stack rotaion (top canopy to bottom): alpha 104, xaos 120, sabre 130. Go figure. Not that I would have wanted to be in the middle of it when it went to poop at 1,000 feet, but I saw it. I think they broke it off at 1500. I would say that all three have a lot of experience, collectively over 2000 jumps.
Drewfus McDoofus

Pammi, you can either switch canopys or get you another container to put it in.I have a hybrid Triathon 160 were i can do CReW or RW with it.You don't have to get a strickly CReW canopy if you are not going to do crew all the time.There are more CReW canopys out there than just Lightnings.Aerodyne Research has canopys from 120 to220 sizes.So you have your choice,with the CReW lines on themand all ZP.