totalbodypilot

I'm going to Airborne School!

Thats right with 9159 jumps, i'm going to learn to jump & land the round parachute!
I enlisted (after a 15 year break from reg. army) into the Florida National Gaurd, as a Parachute Rigger, so in a couple of months, i'm off to Airborne School, then to Riggers School, HALO School. After i join up with my team with the 3bn/ 20th Special Forces Group then its off to sunny (classified)
Will send up dates, pic's, and if i can get any headdown time with a static line,....:D

Blue Skies, & Stay safe!
Colon Berry
seek and destroy, clear and sweep, what ever you want to call it, its all fun in games in the game of war.

How does this relate to freeflying?

Colon Berry is one of the best. It relates.

Congratulations Colon. Remember. Don't let progress get in the way of 100 years of tradition. You'll see what I meaan when you start packin!

I'm very envious. Good luck!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

haha...nice one. definitely a position that demands respect here.

break a leg over there colon. get a rag-head for us. oh, and the halo video idea, someone said above, was pretty good too.

did they actually make you a lance corporal? i thought i saw that on your collar while in zhills. shit man, is that the only way to get into combat these days or something. :|

1.Working with guys that get shit done without wineing about it.
2.a retienment
3. making new tracks in the snow so to speak,..doing one thing for 15 years gets old.
4. $20,000 dollar signing bonus.

i could go on but, it makes me happy i guess is the best answer.

Blue Skies,
PFC. Colon Berry

Oppertunity: You only get one shot,...make it count!
seek and destroy, clear and sweep, what ever you want to call it, its all fun in games in the game of war.

Thats right with 9159 jumps, i'm going to learn to jump & land the round parachute!

Landing will take on a whole new meaning under the military round. :)
If the HALO instructors offer you donuts at school, don't eat them. I was visiting the wind tunnel at the school a few years ago. Above an empty box of donuts outside the wind tunnel was a Polaroid of an instructor with a donut, presumably from the now consumed box, shoved up his arse. :o

There was a lot of soul searching going on after seeing that picture. :)

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

PT test today,...push ups 86
Sit ups,....77
2 mile run in 15:10 Sec YEA!

Bring it on, Olav Zippser you has a ne w challenge! Top that, and you owe me a marllbro RED! Love you bro! And Chuch Blue More!

I have fond memories of my time spent at Airborne school. I went in 2002 as a ROTC cadet, one of 25 females in a class of 400. Allow me to offer some helpful advice:

1. Be prepared for your neck to hurt...a lot. While you are learning how to PLF you will spend an enormous time on your back in a gravel pit with your Kevlar helmet on and your head not allowed to touch the ground.

2. Don't go commando the days you are in the swing harness trainers. A lucky Marine learned this lesson the hard way when the leg straps caused a pants malfunction. He had to hang helplessly in the breeze with his junk hanging out while the Sergeants Airborne threw rocks at it.

3. Round parachutes enjoy the company of other round parachutes and trees. Be prepared to dance on your buddy's canopy. Also, the DZ is huge. If you are one of the first ones out the door, Anticipate landing about a mile away from the pickup point. At least it seemed like a mile away to a 125 lb. girl hauling a giant parachute, reserve, stuffed rucksack with one broken strap, and a weapon carrying case with a plywood board in it across a giant field.

4. Sergeants Airborne are crazy.

I have so many interesting stories to tell, so if you'd like me to share them with you, send me a message. Good luck and AIRBORNE!

Shauna

Diablo Pantalones Rodriguez...giving the devil his due in spandex and a smile.
Pink Mafia #435...Pink is my new obsession.
Team Dirty Sanchez #149