YM4

Atmonauti

Friners, Shrivels & Shwartz!

Finally got to do atmonauti, I new bout it but had never done it.

Made a few jumps back here in PR with Heath and a few other great flyers, and let me tell you. ¡It Rocks!

You people out there need to try this, just make sure you have a good leader and you got good flying skills.

Just make shure you beggin doing two or tree ways, nothing bigger, till you get the hang of it.

Here are a few pics I took this weekend

Buy the way, Sayaka flyes great! she is always there.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
It's the size of the fight in the dog!"

I have now idea who started doing this but its an in between of tracking and head down, kinda like a 45 degree angle. you can be belly down or on your back.

See... what's cool about this is that if you are going the right angle and speed, you can easily dock on your partner or leader.

Don't confuse Atmonauti with flocking, Its not the same.
check out the first pic and you'll see the angle of the leader and the rest. It's freaking funky way of flying. You look like some crawling creature.

Something I felt doing this is that if you don't get the right angle and the right speed, while following the leader you can fall. Yeap.... you can fall.

Atmonauti
Its some cool shit!

I have now idea who started doing this but its an in between of tracking and head down, kinda like a 45 degree angle. you can be belly down or on your back.

Marco and Gi from Frick Atmonauti. Check out their web page:

http://digilander.libero.it/frickmarco/

Marco and Gi were out in Perris for the Project X / Film Festival showing their stuff off, coaching, and organising. She does all the freestyle compulsories in the angle aswell, and also flies feet first. Basically head up position (tracking feet first) in the angle.

Marco and Gi rock. Check out the Espace Boogie in Vichy for some pictures of big ways:

http://www.espaceboogie.com/

I saw that video of her flying feet first. Frines

When you see this kind of shit, you know the sky is not the limit... Its where fun begins.

Women like that should be president of the US.

Yeah, Gi rocks!!! She is sooooo good.

As for Marco, well he's the same!!!! Bad ass flyer. You mentioned it was important to have someone good leading. Well MArco must have done the leader (or navigator as I believe the new phrase is :)
The falling sensation.....that has nothing to do with people flying past head level when they are on their backs and burbbling the belly dudes does it??:P Has some one been burbbling you then!

I still don't get it, is it a modified tracking position that can be used on normal tracking dives?

I think I might be confusing it with what I;ve heard called crabbing.

Is this just a totally separate thing from tracking though?

By the way.. too bad that page isnt in english.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I think I might be confusing it with what I;ve heard called crabbing.

Is this just a totally separate thing from tracking though?

Autmonauti is not the same as tracking, and is not crabbing... It is it's own entity, and is really really cool... Kinda like flying head down on a 45 degree angle... kinda.

my first one that i did was a feet first one, i'm not really very good on my head at all, but i'm super solit on my feet, and mike was like you just stay in a stand, and he was trying leading it in a stand for the first time, and now that's i guess how he leads a bunch of them.

later

yea dude, i've only been on one, and it was a lot of fun.

now what you need to try, instead of going like head first, go feet first, like in a stand. it's hard, but a lot of fun too.

later

Geez!!!! One Atmonauti and you have tried the head up position....;)

Just messing around. The head up position is bloody hard and very delicate. Only Gi I believe does it alot, and not just holding it, but with people docking on her. It is a very sensitive position so I believe.

Karenmeal, as for what Atmonauti is... well, like the photos show, it's like tracking but not!!! Some people will argue very firmly that it is not, but for the purpose of explanation it is tracking but in the 45 degree angle or there abouts. It can be steeper and can be flatter but that is the basic explanation. Also it is quite a slow jump IMHO, and is available for everyone to try as the speeds are relatively gentle. Belly flyers love it, as do freeflyers, and it is getting a real following.

Marco and Gi will have a new site soon if you don't want to translate the webpage. Should be up and running shortly. So read the low down about it then from the people who have a better explanation!

Do a search as this subject was discussed at some length with attached pics as well. JeffPro does this type of dive all the time out in Eloy in groups. I believe it is a compulsory move in freestyle to boot or at least thats where it has it's origins. It's been around for awhile, it's nothing new.

edited for spelling
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The Atmonauti angle was recently quoted as a preferred angle for the freefly "tracking" compulsoryby the FAI (before GAP), but then retracted for a tracking angle with a preference of 45 degree angle - same thing bascially, just semantics. Atmonauti had been around for ages before this year.

MArco and Gi and so others were up to it a while ago, but they have definately done the most for it, regularly using Championships to present their art form, and by promoting it at boogies etc.... "Atmonauti" is just their team name, and the phrase has stuck now as a type of skydive.

Everyone seems to love it. Marco and Gi really do alot of work to travel and spread the information. At the Flyboyz Project X, everyone was going mad for the jumps. I think one of the favourites was Fritz flying on his back, setting up to spock Gi (head up) whilst she was docked on by Marco and someone else on her belly. Wicked jump, very hard, and everyone loved it.

So its like a cross between tracking and flocking but with head-up moves as well?

So can I call all those jumps where I simoutaneously chased a person and docked on them an atmonauti?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

To get the best idea, forget about head up positions. There is only really one person in the world who excels at it. Atmonauti is just belly and back orientation, like tracking jumps, just that it is steeper. Speed and angles vary jump to jump, but in general 45 degrees is the normal angle and the speed is much slower than head down. It is something that attracts belly flyers and freeflyers, and is pretty safe to try. (Obviously starting in small groups with respect of the safety issues)

I think Omniskore or the FAI webpage have some videos. Infact try this
http://www.mondial03.com/modules.php?name=Videos

And check out:
FREESTYLE Women Italy 2 round N°3,
which is Marco and Gi. The first 17 seconds is Gi flying in the angle feet first (very hard). Check the horizon to see angle and how flat she is. Bad arse. There is also some towards the end of the routine when she is flying feet first.

Also, the Frenchies do the tracking compulsory in the 45 degree angle. This shows the more conventional head first position. Also to take into account is that they are going full speed. Most atmonauti jumps are not so fast (stretched positions).
So check out:
FREEFLY Male FRANCE_1_round n°2

Hope this helps

Christie is quite the mimic. Then again, she's the Pro. Very impressive and funny. I can't get it outa my head. oh my oh my...Ifuggdup..heheheheee.

For the rest of the forum posters, you just had to have been there. Or perhaps Julio can enlighten everyone by making a recording and posting it. THAT would be really funny. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I guess that is exactly what Atmonauti is, either

A really steep Tracking Dive or

A really shallow Flocking Dive.

In either situation, it isn't the same. Try it out. I think that you'll agree that this is a position that takes specific attention like the others. Atmonauti is just as different than any of these disciplines are compared to one-another. In other words, it is a flying style all its own. :S

At the Flyboyz Project X, everyone was going mad for the jumps. I think one of the favourites was Fritz flying on his back, setting up to spock Gi (head up) whilst she was docked on by Marco and someone else on her belly. Wicked jump, very hard, and everyone loved it.

I was on those jumps were Gi was in a fast feet forward position ( rock solid ) and Fritz was going for the spock ( unfreakin believable ). I could do the autmonauti for weeks on end, it rocks! Loved doing it on either my back or the standard face down. It was a good time fur sure.