andy2

your average breakoff alti?

I'm curious to hear your average breakoff alti for a "normal" freeflying dive? Thanks.

edited to add: I guess it depends a lot on how many people are on the jump, so if you feel like you want to, go ahead and state how your alti for breakoff changes as you add more people. I appreciate it!! Thanks!! :)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

we break off at 5000 at our dz. That gives us enough time to turn 180 check for traffic behind us and track away on our back. Even jumping in small groups it's a good habit to get into so it becomes one less new thing to learn on bigger groups.

Bigger than 5 ways we typically start breaking off anywhere from 5500 to 6000 feet and stagger the breakoff. Much like larger RW groups.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Most of the time, it's 4500 feet for me. I never seem to set my ProTrack lower for my break off altitudes, but sometimes it'll be set higher if I'm jumping with more people than I'm used to, or if I'm on a tracking dive. But it's important to reset it afterwards as I've broken off at 6k before on a two-way freefly right after a tracking dive. How embarrassing is that? :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I haven't been freeflying long and only did my first three way on Sunday (up until then then i'd only done 2ways) but every time i've turned and tracked at my first dytter beep (4500ft) and dumped at the second (3000ft).

safe skies
peej

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Ive been doing a lot of two-way HD jumps, and has allways liked to breakoff at 5k. We did recently discusss going to 4.5K on the way home this weekend just to squeeze a LITTLE more freefall, but doesnt seem like you would gain very much. Comfy at 5, but we'll try 4.5 and check it out! Freefly rules!
Blue Skies!

usually the dive 'ends' at 5k, at that point I like to make a quick head count to determine where everyone is before transitioning to a track at 4-4.5k

in an ideal dive everyone stays on level the whole time (or endevours to get back on level there before break off) but every dive is not ideal...