turtlespeed

Protrack was so very wrong!

I'm too lazy to go and search for any previous posts about this...
I did a clear and pull to lurk some crew. We exited @ 14500. My protrack registered the jump as 10500 with deployment @ 10400. The setting was on "slo". The SAS was on. Why 10-5 and not 14-5? Was it because it was in the pocket on my rig(Inside the harness strap)? Should I get it checked?

Oh yeah, I could be wrong, but the first warning seemed to come somewhere around 7000 ft...but it could have been lower.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As for when I turned it on, it was on auto. And yes even over the prop noise and the door being open I could hear the 1000 ft. beeps.

I deployed sub terminal - The jump was logged - It was just logged incorrectly.

None of the jumps this weekend were lower than 13.5
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That is yet another example of why not to totally rely on audibles or anything for that matter... keep your alti awareness and dont soley rely on something that can malfunction.

-yoshi

If i do a high hop + pop the jump usually registers + i hear the beeps at the right altitudes on the way down. It just gets confused at what altitude stuff happens at. Its a freefall computer. You need to be freefalling for it to work properly!

Adi :S

I used to get this problem on most hop'n'pop's, but then i figured that it wanted a delay so that's what I now give it and it records ok... if i'm going to be getting out so low that I can't afford to give it a slight delay out the door then i'd probably give it a second thought as to wether i really wanted to get out;)